Expected pop numbers of legendary collection

So for a while I’ve been looking to start collecting the legendary collection reverse holos.I’m definitely planning to collect them over time, and likely PSA 9, but the pop numbers seem pretty low.Take articuno reverse for example, 21x PSA 8, 63x PSA 9 and 30x PSA 9 10 graded.
Are people still hoarding them? Or are there really not too many around in gradable condition?I’ve seen some binder sets and usually there’s no chance they’ll get a 10, but sometimes they are still gradable quality.

Right now $100 for a PSA 9 feels like a lot, but I’m also afraid that they’ll significantly rise in the future.

Aren’t most 9s selling for $20-40? The pop will go up and these cards aren’t rare, there’s one in every pack.

I advise you to be conservative if trying to build this set. Don’t pay crazy premiums. No card other than Zard should even be purchased for close to $100.

1 Like

Packs are about $200 currently though and boxes likewise very expensive, so I don’t expect the amount to increase. It seems like mostly the popular pokemon fetch a premium though, it has nothing to do with rarity as I believe all reverses have an equal chance to be obtained.

People will keep opening packs. They’re still opening Base and other product that has way lower EV than Legendary Collection.

I would personally just build an ungraded set, but if you decide to go for a PSA 9 set you shouldn’t have much trouble over the course of a year or so.

I’m just saying don’t get impatient and overpay. I was collecting Shadowless last year and people were dropping $400 on Raichu or Clefairy and $600 on a Chansey. That didn’t turn out to well. I’m one of these people. Lol

glad i wasnt the only one i dropped 300 on raichu and 350 on chasney whihch was ok at the time but that raichu still kills me to this day

You didn’t do terrible on the PSA 9 Shadowless Raichu!

I just purchased a PSA 9 Shadowless Chansey @ $350.00 and PSA 9 Shadowless Raichu @ $250.00. Sure, you took a $50.00 Hit viewing as a short-term “investment” - that’s not bad though! Back when I was young, naive, and had money burning a whole in my pocket (last year) I blew $500.00 on THOUSANDS of Vending Machine Pokemon Stickers that were a “Great Deal” as a re-sale item. As it turns-out, nobody really wants to purchase Pokemon Stickers! LOL After a little over a year of those sitting in my eBay Store, I think I’ve sold 5-10 “Sets” @ $7.50 Ea. After Shipping, Fees, and Time I’ve probably cleared less than $25.00 on those stupid stickers!

1 Like

If you want to buy something limited, I would not recommend psa 9 English set cards, especially when there is not even a 1st edition variant.

With 9s, demand (and therefore price) is typically dictated by the popularity of the species. If you want to maximize the value of your collection, I suggest learning the approximate value for every card and waiting for them to appear cheap on auction