Legendary Collection Booster Box

I have a rough idea of the value of the box, but my question is, if you opened up all 36 packs, and graded all the holo’s and reverse holo’s, on average do you think there’d be more value in those 48 PSA cards or in the sealed box? Could anyone tell me the average PSA 9/10 price for a reverse holo and holo card? Thanks

Remember with Legendary collection you are likely to get at least a few PSA 8’s. Don’t plan for just 9’s and 10’s. 8’s and 9’s is more likely maybe with 1-2 10’s per box. Many print defects and issues with this set fresh out of the pack. That is what has kept me from opening it so far. Wish I jumped at the opportunity last year to get one around $1200-$1500 as now it seems over $2k is what it will take to get one. PSA 9’s only sell for up to $50 each (except charizard) and you are looking at paying $60 per pack or so plus grading fees.

I think unless you had a lot of luck you almost certainly will lose money opening this box. That being said I still plan to open one in the next year or two hopefully, though it is definitely one of the boxes that are almost a certain loss which makes it tough.

2 Likes

I can only think of a few cards that could make the box worth it, and even then getting them in GEM MINT condition isn’t very likely IMO

1 Like

I opened a legendary collection box on yotube you should watch it. The holos were horrible. I got 1 PSA 10 holo, slowbro. The rev holos didn’t do much better either keeping it sealed is tbe way to go.

3 Likes

Thanks gents.

Agreed. I have lost more pursuing this set than any other. I’ve graded 4-5 mint holo sets with less than 4 PSA 10s coming back. I’ve graded a few hundred reverse holos and anything above 10% PSA 10s could be considered amazing. I had one rev set I bought from Europe that had every card come back a 9 with several 10s. It’s important to note than I only graded 65 or so of the 110 cards, so everything was reviewed first.

If you got incredibly lucky with a box, you may pull a slight profit. If the first pack is OC or has edgewear, you might as well keep the rest of the packs sealed. Don’t forget about 48 x (insert your avg grading cost per card here) ~ $325 for grading fees.

This set will realize value someday.

1 Like

I can 3rd this lol. These cards are super tough to get 10s. I have graded 40 mint holos and graded 3 holos in 10. Ive gotta say that the reverse holos are doing way better than the holos for me grading 10s. ive got prolly 26 rev 10s out of the 75 ive graded.