Evolutions Charizard Holo PSA 10/ Price

Been looking around for a base price for a PSA 10 Holographic Charizard from Evolutions but could not find a definite answer. Does anybody know how much is the worth?

Got mine for $400 shipped. Still haven’t gotten it though.

Check here www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=psa+evolutions+charizard&_sop=16

Well the thing is that they’re mostly rev-holo or with XY pre-release stamp on them or either PSA 9

WOW really it goes for that much? is it a regular Holographic or with Evolutions stamp?

Pretty much what they are right now for the regular holo PSA 10, not staff or stamped.

Thanks for the information joetehman

Just the regular holo. It’s freakishly hard to grade that’s why. Out of all my 27 evolutions holo charizard, not one of them is a 10 contenders, the closest to gem mint has a print line on the holo so I might as well just get a graded one. Also out of 660+ graded, only 31 are 10s I believe. That’s less than 5% of the total graded cards. Maybe the next few print runs will be better who knows, maybe the 10s will increase overnight, or maybe only more 9s will appear. Hard to tell

1 Like

I bought a ton of them on Amazon(half the price of ebay), hoping one would be 10 worthy, but nope. The good print run of Evo only affected the EX’s, not the holos unfortunately.

Would have been cheaper to just buy a 10.

I would recommend buying a Japanese CP6 Charizard to compare for condition, those Japanese cards ARE FLAWLESS for the most part.
It’s incredible the difference in quality. I only had to buy one single one to get a Gem Mint copy.

A hunt for a gem mint charizard might save the value of the evolution boxes in the long run

I agree with budget. Evolution set, as it is, is already at a point where it is not really great for collecting/investing due to the volume of products out. And like some people previously said, they are doing MORE print runs, at least till the end of 2017 from what I heard. This is why all the cards are priced so low and the boxes are selling for less than pre-order prices consistently.

I think the lower quality print of the English cards is an advantage and asset for the Evolution set in the long run. Yes, the Japanese sets are of very high quality, but one look at the population list and you’ll see that it is very easy to get a gem mint grade, which means any Tom or Dick will be able to buy an ungraded card and hit the “jackpot”. Therefore, the price point for a PSA 10 Japanese Charizard CP6 is only about $30, and it will probably stay that way. This is great for a low budget collector who just wants the gem card itself, but the long term value will only be nostalgia, not so much in the potential for monetary increase.

Side note: M Charizard FA is sitting at 500 PSA 10s in less than 6 months of release:

www.psacard.com/pop/non-sport-cards/2016/pokemon-xy-evolutions/139659

5 Likes

Don’t forget the unheard of 67% PSA 10 rate as well as only 1.5% rate of sub 9 which was probably just a case of people near blindly submitting 50+ of them.

1 Like

Submitted 4 myself, 3 10s. Not sure overall how many Holo charizards I have submitted, but still 0 10s. Did get a reverse holo 10 charizard though, so I have that going for me which is nice.

1 Like

I still can’t understand why people think there is any premium attached to the PSA 10 FA M Zard.

1 Like

And yet they’re still selling well.

A few takeaways, IMO:

1. Good sign of demand
  2. Good sign of condition improvement on URs

Because it is the most popular character in the franchise.

Fixed for you mate :wink:

After seeing Deriums return on YouTube getting like 8 of them, I am not suprised there are so many out there

Basically the same thing lmao Look at the top music charts from the last 5 years :wink:

Charizard will always sell.

Who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe something will come out of nowhere and give the franchise a boost like Pokemon Go did in a few years time and it would have been worth holding onto Evolutions PSA 10 FAs.

I think people are forgetting that even though there’s a lot of Evolutions out there at the end of the day it’s a reprint set of Base set. People that really want to open a box of Pokemon cards for a nostalgia hit will probably default to this product over anything else. Obviously it’s more affordable to spend $90-$100 on a box of Evolutions than $1,500 on a box of Unlimited Base set or any other WotC product. 4 different Charizards help that.