everyone needs a hobby

I just asked Teddy if that’s true. He had a one-word response: “Bully!”

(Not sure if that was “bully!” in the affirmative or negative, though.)

1 Like

I like to play MTG, collect coins and antiquities (also Fossils). PC gaming of course as well, my main addiction is Battlefield 4.

1. Ceramic Art (mostly wheel-throwing)
  2. Sports Broadcasting (soccer + ice hockey mostly)
  3. Hip-hop & Breakdancing (8 years)
  4. I love me some Mariokart!
2 Likes
  1. Slot Machines (Vegas Baby)
  2. 50s and 60s Sports Cards (My youth;)
  3. Silver Age Comics and Mad Magazines (Also my Youth)
  4. Late 1920s early 1930s Science fiction Pulps especially Amazing Stories (No Bags…Not my youth-lol)
1 Like

Such is the sneaker game now (I’m also a sneakerhead)… shame you have to compete against bots or go camp outside stores just to have a shot at those sweet kicks everyone wants :slightly_frowning_face:

Not sure if anyone could tell lol, but I’m a huge football fan! I am all in with my favorite team, the New England Patriots, and am happiest during the football season (August-1st Sunday of February). Not saying I’m depressed when there’s no NFL football lol, but the Pats give us fans lots of good reasons to look forward to Sundays. I also get pretty bummed out when they lose, and usually shut down for the rest of day when they do… really like my team lol. Hopefully they have 3 more wins in them to finally win that 4th super bowl.

I’m also a sneakerhead, so I probably have as many if not more shoes than most women lol.
I have slowed down a bit though, because as mentioned by PokeConnect, sneakerculture has been trending in what I feel like is the wrong direction. Shoes are getting more and more expensive while the quality is generally getting worse, and alot of shady people have made it difficult to get certain popular sneakers during the release date. Heck, you might even get shot or shanked over a pair of sneakers -.-

I used to be into collecting many other things as well, such as Star Wars clone troopers, watches, etc but with having limited money, I sort of have to pick and choose which collections to expand. Right now, it’s mainly been snapback hats (only collect Patriots and Florida Gators hats), Pokemon cards and a few kicks.

2 Likes

I’m from Baltimore, so I’m a Ravens fan… kinda funny haha. Never hated the Patriots though, always like Brady+Belichick in fact I keep this hanging on my wall:

I do not nearly watch or care about the NFL as much as I did 4 years ago. I think I watched 3 games this year. Luckily I did watch just about the whole season when the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012. I stopped watching sports around 2011 after I was so heart-broken after Anquan Boldin dropped a TD pass against the Steelers and the Ravens blew the game in the Divisional Round. I decided to try and gain more perspective on life outside of sports, and it’s been great since then.

I don’t have anything against sports, in fact baseball and the MLB Network are the only thing I watch on t.v. (I hate television).

Another hobby of mine is I like to go to the shooting range, but the ammo is so expensive :open_mouth:

Along with Pokemon, I’m a huge Dragon Ball fan… I once owned all the mangas and even watched every episode from the beginning of Dragon Ball to the very last episode of Dragon Ball Z (GT sucked)

p.s. Go Ravens (but I think it’s the Pats year to lose in the SuperBowl again)

1 Like

Well, to be a slightly more serious than my original post.
I enjoy:

Professional Wrestling
Formula 1 Racing
Card games (especially Poker and Blackjack, I love Gambling but I am cheap)

1 Like

By pro wrestling do you mean WWE? Or just any in general

1 Like

The only 2 I actively watch are WWE and NJPW.
I only watch WWE PPVs these days, I don’t bother with RAW or Smackdown and just read reports on them.

Started watching NJPW shows about a year ago.

I’ve been hearing some good things lately from NJPW. I’m the same way with WWE I have the network and watch the ppvs but hardly ever watch the shows. I’ll probably keep the network up until wrestlemania hahaha

The product they are putting out right now, no way in hell am I giving them my money.
I had the network for the first 6 months it was out, it was nice but I don’t feel like encouraging them at this point.

I was always very wary of NJPW because the commentary is important to me(another reason WWE only gets PPV watches from me atm). But the matches are still very top notch even with Japanese commentary.

Wrestle Kingdom 9 was a couple days ago(Wrestlemania for Japan) and they did the first ever English commentary broadcast.
Jim Ross and Matt Striker did it and it was really cool. You should check it out.

1 Like

I am also a huge Dragonball fan. I have most of the anime, and too many figures/cards/plush to name.

As for wrestling, I am a woman, and I just giggle when I think of 2 big sweaty men, wearing underwear, all over each other in a match. But seriously that Paige is pretty awesome. I need to dress like her.

1 Like

Isn’t Dragon Ball nothing but “2 big sweaty men, wearing underwear, all over each other in a [battle]?” Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why do I keep thinking of south park again;

“i’ll show you reaaaal wraaaastling”

1 Like

kkthxbai - That is funny!

And with DBZ - the characters barely sweat (well its anime). They wear clothes (long pants usually, martial arts gis). And usually most of the fighting is done by send blasts of energy, seconded by punches and kicks. I guess with wrestling you have real people and that may make a difference to me.

1 Like

Nice ticket right there :blush:

Yeah, it can be emotionally draining sometimes. Guess its best to step away every nowand then and relax, do some other stuff.

DBZ is cool, my friends and I used to watch all the new episodes on Fridays/Saturdays back when it started airing over here. GT was ok, but idk why Gohan was so weak in it lol. He was practically irrelevant in it, after what he did in the Cell and Buu sagas.

Good luck to the Ravens, though I hope they don’t knock out the Pats lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In my spare time, I’m having fun making a laser tag set from scratch with a couple of mates.

I also fly quadcopters, and I’m going to start making my own soon too.

1 Like

I like to collect stocks. I’m going to try to collect real estate when times come.

1 Like

I know you bro…lol