European Tournament Gold Pokeball Holo's

I’ve been curious about these three unique cards for a while…

Does anyone have info on exact method of distribution or rough population count for the gold Pokeball Hoenn starters that were released during the 2003 Pokémon Organised Play tournaments in Europe?

These cards seem pretty scarce (both raw and in PSA pop) for basic giveaway promo’s and I can’t seem to find much info on them anywhere. Any info that could be provided would be much appreciated!

1 Like

The pops are pretty low with the Mudkip being the only one in a PSA 10. Pokemonprice.com has the pops under 2004 black star promos. The PSA site was down for me to check directly.

1 Like

Yeah, I think PSA updated the labels on these recently and changed the date from 2004 to 2003.

I’m not sure why they have such low PSA pops…was there a small amount that were printed, or is it because they were released in Europe during Pokémon’s “dead” years and nobody cares about them?

in all my research on gen 3 promos I dont think ive heard mention of if leagues received packs of these sealed or raw or what

1 Like

Very weird! I’m going to assume they received them raw, due to the scarcity of PSA 9’s and almost complete lack of PSA 10’s in the pop report?