Estimated cost of a NM+/Mint Team Rocket Returns set?

I noticed this thread that is very impressive: Completed 1st goal. Team Rocket Returns set. Wanted to ask what a current nm+/mint full binder set of TRR would cost me?

I used to buy singles to complete sets but buying it all at once from one collector often avoids disappointment with cards in bad condition.

Thanks for everyone’s input!

1 Like

This is just a rough estimate.

Regular set
14 holos, $20ish each average = $280
81 non-holos, $3 each average = $243

Reverse holos:
14 holos, $40ish each average = $560
81 non-holos, $15 each average = $1215

11 exs:, $350 each average = 3850
3 :goldstar:s, $2k each = $6000

Secret rare+ Persian ex: $300

Total: $12,448 so roughly about $12k

You might have to add a premium for all NM+

7 Likes

Thanks a lot, helps getting a general idea.

I now realised that in Pokemon, it’s perhaps better paying a slight premium for PSA 9/10 rather than getting/finding a perfect binder mint copy because everyone would grade them anyways (I am not normally a binder collector).

2 Likes

There are also some people who will happily pay extra for mint raw because they want the experience of grading it themselves

1 Like

This is the way ive been doing this a fair bit

1 Like

I see, that makes sense indeed. Thanks! I assume it’s ebay over Cardmarket for mint singles?

1 Like

All 95 reverse holos in PSA 9 (a few 10s sprinkled in, one 8): $3,720.

https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/items/WEEKLY3827908

If you’re looking to buy PSA 9s/10s, it can cost you a pretty penny. But it’ll be worth it because this set is incredible.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, would snatch that in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Used to do that for the joy of it, but after receiving back mostly 7s and 8s, I gave up and just fork out more for 9s and 10s slabs.

All submitters told me there’s pop ctrl for vintage cards.

Yes, I’m sure PSA is very concerned about the supply of PSA 10 non-holo cards Pokemob cards from 2004 and has a company-wide conspiracy to intentionally grade these cards lower

6 Likes