Complete PSA 9 1st ed Team Rocket set + prerelease card

Hi guys,

Ive roamed the old interwebs but cant really find my answer :wink:
2 months ago i completed my PSA 9 1st ed TR set + prerelease card PSA 9, and now i was trying to find out what the set is worth, not that im selling it , but just to get an indicator what my total cost / value ratio is atm. and what number i should give it for extra insurance purposes.

As experts, what current value do u give this set?

greetz Nico

1 Like

Congrats on completing that awsome set:)
Iā€™d have to search each card on eBay and add them up but you can easily do the same. Thereā€™s a large amount of TR 1st 9s on eBay right now:)

2 Likes

My total cost (purchase, shipping, customs , etcā€¦ ) was 2338 EUR or 2.781,52 dollars.
IMO the set is worth more :blush:

I wouldnā€™t be so sure of thatā€¦ especially if you add shipping and customs. Unless you bought at really cheap prices. As Gary suggested, try to see how much the holos are worth, then do a bit of an average on the non holos(c/u/r) and you should get a good idea of value.

Thereā€™s a full holo set on ebay listed at $1200 w Best Offer, including the Raichu. Lets say at least $1000 for the holos in PSA 9. Other cards in the $15-30 range. I think $2500 would be a fair value for the set. You did pretty much pay top dollar, but I expect an increase in the coming years. At least on key cards like Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Raichu,etcā€¦ :blush:

Are we talking a full 83/82 complete set here? I think 2700 is overpriced regardless. I took the most expensive sale of each holo i could find and the total came to $902,there was a full holo 9 set sold for $1012. If we imagine that each non holo card is $20 (i couldnt find any non rares other than eevee which had sold for more than the grading fee at auction) which is a massive overshot for some of the rares and basically all the U and C cards in my opinion then you are sat on another $1300 there and around $30 for the prerelease putting your grand total to $2232-2342 and this is likely higher than the value being as we are simply assuming an average price for the non holos. Im not trying to put you down or anything here btw i was just bored at work so decided to have a look at some sales.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think $2500 is feasible as the complete set plus the prerelease cards. Small premium for buyer convenience not having to buy each singles individually.

Which is what happened here, OP paid a lot in shipping/customs building this set. Thatā€™s the norm when you donā€™t live in the US and everything is $10-30 shipping. Iā€™m in Canada so I know how itā€™s like. lol

I am from the UK so i understand how customs and shipping can be expensive but unfortunately you have to consider that before buying stuff and add it into the price.

1 Like

Absolutely. I miss on so many deals, where US buyers get free 1st class shipping and I have to pay $20-30 GSP so I canā€™t offer/bid as much. :sob:

2 Likes

I refuse to purchase any listing that uses GSP. It is a total rip off and imo it is a poor service. I have bought 2 cards using it and both have taken an extremely long time to reach me and the ā€œimportā€ i paid as part 9f thr GSP cost literally did nothing as i still had to pay customs on both cards which led me to the conclusion of if you use GSP youā€™re gonna have a bad time and an even more empty wallet.

2 Likes

I agree with all except ā€œSmall premium for buyer convenience not having to buy each singles individually.ā€ We all realize whatā€™s involved in 83 separate transactions and it deserves a large premium consideration.

1 Like

Its customs that was a big chunck here in the price, about 500 EURā€¦ I think i will ensure it for 3000 EUR.
And who knows what happens in 15 - 20 years :wink:

• I love this set so much, always had a TR weakness XD

to bad TRR is expensive and rare :confused: , next goal might be a PSA 10 set and completing my legg coll PSA 9ā€¦

Thx all for your input :heart_eyes:

I didnt factor in any sort of addition for it being a complete set because i have no experience buying or selling them so didnt know what to say the premium for it being complete would be.

1 Like

Fair enough. I guess to the right buyer it might be worth $3000+, but I have yet to see people drop large premiums on these. If it was PSA 10, it would be a totally different story.

In your opinion whatā€™s a fair premium? 25%? I guess it varies a lot between sets.

Good insurance number OP, always insure for a little more than what itā€™s worth anywayā€¦ especially how fast Pokemon has been growing recently. :blush: