eBay's 2024 'Catch 151' Special Auction

On Pokemon Day (2/27), eBay held a ‘Catch 151’ special auction that ended at 12:01 a.m. EST on 2/28. All auctions started at $1.51 and begun at 12:01 a.m. EST on 2/27.

Higher-end staples such as 1st ed Base, shadowless, gold stars, shinings, crystals, alt arts, etc. were listed from top sellers such as @TCAGaming and Z&G, among others. Plenty of niche, low pop, cards sold too: For Position Only test prints, 1999-2000 Fossil Red Logo Australian Print rares in PSA 10, no number blue back Topsun cards, black labels, etc.

Below are some of the highlights.

16 Likes

I had no idea this was even happening wtf

14 Likes

Don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything, cause almost everything went at or above market value.

4 Likes

Have some respect,… Moonbreon CGC 10 is absolutely $1,925.

Am I right @pokebuffet ??

The Pikachu GS was cheap somewhat. It was very clean copy too I considered buying it

Also tcas 10 venusuar was cheap but not as clean as pika

Some of the Fossil 1999-2000 PSA 10 rares went for very little in my opinion. @jac2357 were you able to pick some up for your collection?

@pfm I don’t think they had sufficient advertisement for a 24 hour auction of high-end and niche cards. The high-end cards did pretty well, but some of the niche cards flew under the radar in my opinion.

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad, I was emailed to enter items and never responded. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Lmfao I had no idea of these going up so not surprised they didn’t do amazing although still v interesting seeing the auctions now.

1 Like

Anyone have a link to the full 151 cards that went up? Auction catalogue somewhere?

Shining mew psa 10 for $2900 is the cheapest ive seen the past 12 months

1 Like

Definitely low. There was a copy sold at Heritage for $2,625 in November.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/trading-cards/pokemon-shining-mew-151-japanese-corocoro-comic-promo-psa-trading-card-game-gem-mint-10-the-pokemon-company-2001-holo/p/43183-30014.s?type=DA-DMC-130Point-TradingCardGames-43183-11302023

1 Like

Well, there’s a solid copy available right now at $3,300 obo

1 Like

Eh… Tyranitar was about 15% below market, and some of the sealed products went below market as well. Overall it was a pretty fair auction day I’d say.

1 Like

caught a moonbreon finally so that was cool

1 Like

I believe this was the link it feel under, but its nothing now
Catch 151 auction has ended | eBay. Shop more rare finds on the Pokemon hub.?

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah that’s what I got when I looked.