eBay Garbage

I feel like I need a shower now

34 Likes

Oddly enough, I actually appreciate their honesty here. At least they didn’t whine and complain about the price or quote some random auction price like 99 percent of the rest of the time wasters.

9 Likes

Ok
 has this happened to anyone else? This is the second time this error has happened to me – I refresh my store page and I get SOMEONE ELSE’S account. This seems
 not good?

Not my name, not my account. Again, this has happened to me twice! So bizarre.

1 Like

Not a public computer on campus or library is it? Seems like could be a cookie issue, I’d contact support.

2 Likes

This has only happened on my own private network at my home, each time in a different city.

1 Like

Feast your eyes

Possible psa 9? Don’t sell yourself short!

1 Like

Lol ive seen a few of these copyright 2022 fakes about.

This past week has been hell for me as a buyer. I bought four things that arrived damaged, three from ebay and one from Target. One of the items was a rare sealed figure from 2003 that was shipped in a BAG. Not in a cardboard box, but a bag. This was supposed to be for my secret santa recipient but the damage done to the packaging is unacceptable to me. So frustrating :sob: If you’re going to hold onto a collectible for 19 years why would you ship it in a flimsy plastic bag?!

5 Likes

I feel your pain. I had a holo delivered just in a toploader yesterday no penny sleeve and just in an envelope. Went to get the card out and its stuck itself to the toploader. Its still in it now lol.

2 Likes

Not garbage but more funny:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/cawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcawcaw

2 Likes

The biggest motivator for cancellations is and will always be buyer’s remorse. All the excuses and justifications are just set dressing for the same cause. The only variation is whether they regret spending the amount spent or if they over-eagerly purchased an item without taking a close look at the pictures.

In my bad old days, I saw a card I wanted at a great price. I didn’t want to miss the chance, so I took a quick look at the photos and it looked good so I bought and paid and then went back to look at the new card I was excited to have just bought. On second look, I realized the card was creased. It was even mentioned in the description that I didn’t read. I knew I fucked up, and I was really stressed out I just spent all that money on something I no longer wanted.

So I did what any other unscrupulous schemer who thinks they’re the first person to have an idea would do: I lied and said my son bought the card without the permission.

This was definitely a learning experience for me and it’s funny to look back on because at the time I thought I had a perfect excuse. There’s stories about kids running up purchases in apps and in games all the time. It was totally plausible, forgivable, and nobody would suspect otherwise. I was a genius at work, a master at responsibility-evasion, and I’d successfully wriggled out of my blunder.

Until the buyer replied back that they already shipped the card and will not be canceling the sale. How could they do this, I thought. How could they reject my ironclad explanation of an unsupervised minor and a domestic misunderstanding? Still having the tiniest shred of dignity I accepted this outcome and resold the card for a loss.

It was only when I started to get more involved with selling during the pandemic did I realize how prevalent and pathetic the “my kid did it” excuse really was. It was eye opening to me because I learned that people with buyer’s remorse will never admit it, but they will concoct a transparently false cover story with the belief they are saving face. If only they knew, as I came to learn, how embarrassing it really is.

It is funny though — I was in line at a concert and witnessed a man telling a woman with exasperation that his young son had purchased a bunch of Legos on Amazon without his knowledge or permission and he has to return hundreds of dollars of stuff. There is some statistically slim population of parents to whom this can and does happen to, but all us liars have ruined any chance of anyone ever believing them.

5 Likes

So you’re the sucker who bought that creased card
 We need to start a thread on this: “What are you most guilty about in Pokemon?”

1 Like

People aren’t prepared for what I’d bring to that topic. Not from my actions as an adult, but because of the things PokĂ©mon made me do as a boy.

My actions as a 9 year old are more deprave, desperate, and dishonest than anything I’d dare dream as an adult. I used to take for granted that this happened everywhere, every school was like this, every kid was like me, but I’ve become increasingly uncomfortable over the years by the fact most kids do not reflect on PokĂ©mania as an era of corruption, criminality, and violence.

I tell myself that it was 25 years ago and it’s okay to leave it behind me. But PokĂ©mon is still here and so am I. We will have to keep each other’s secrets forever.

6 Likes

this happened to me the other day when I opened like 30 tabs at once from the giant autograph sale thread. some of the tabs had notifications of watched items / offers on stuff i’ve never seen in my life so I think it was showing me another accounts notifications briefly.

seems bad

2 Likes

Could i see the data on this im guessing the statement is backed up by something. Thanks.

I regret to inform you that this is a humorous anecdote about a personal experience and does not have a scientific basis.

1 Like

Oh ok wouldve been cool if there was a study on it to glance over. Have to cut this short my sons just bought something on ebay again after i said he couldnt so gotta sort this mess out. Ebay gives one hour to cancel as i found out a while ago.

1 Like

@stagecoach I did something similar the other day - bought something I assumed was sealed when it wasn’t. The listing wasn’t deceiving or anything, I just didn’t read.

Messaged the guy saying that I messed up, and would appreciate a cancellation but I understand if he doesn’t want to. I think the seller was so shocked that I didn’t make up a lie, that he agreed to cancel anyway
 From a seller’s POV I don’t want to sell to someone who clearly doesn’t want it and who will probably force a return anyway. You could try that next time so you can get a cancellation without keeping yourself up at night :joy::relieved:

3 Likes

Junk slab with a junk price with a junk title

2 Likes