Ebay Cancer

Winner winner chicken dinner… well done

1 Like

What a turd

3 Likes

It’s so satisfying see him think he has power in this situation when we know the return attempt is going to be shut down, such a good feeling lol!

12 Likes

Please update us when he inevitably attempts to open a return and his response when ebay shuts him down.

9 Likes

I can’t imagine having returns enabled. All the guy had to do was click start a return and say he didn’t want it anymore. What percent of returns do you get @smpratte? I’d imagine it’s super low with the market going up as it has but worry how it will be when subsequent auctions end lower than the last.

1 Like

I’m here for the memes

3 Likes

This is why no neg buyer feedback is just about the biggest problem on ebay.

99% of buyers are completely fine. It’s just the occasional crazies like this one.

4 Likes

Think he will open a not as described case? Man these people suck.

Yeah, stumbled across some base unlimited prices last night. Bubble city.

The buyer opened a return. I spoke to ebay and apparently there is now a “high value” department. They told me they cannot close the case, and the person yesterday was incorrect. I don’t really mind as long as the item returns safely. The only real defense is not offering returns. The cost being Top Rated Seller. If this trend increases I will just eliminate returns, as they are mostly/only used by the worst buyers.

8 Likes

Do you at least make the customer pay for return shipping along with a restock fee? Man, as a small seller it feels so good to get a sale that I would hate to have to process a return.

1 Like

top rated is almost worthless to me, as i’d rather not deal with the open return policy. do you still owe $20 if you lose this case?

2 Likes

What constitutes high value? Buyers like this are exactly why I hate using eBay, but to have this kind of reach and exposure for the highest possible return on selling something there aren’t many options unless you’re selling something very high end.

1 Like

Even if you don’t have returns enabled, ebay will still force you to do returns if buyers request it lol. And I am pretty sure it is a requirement to be a top rated plus seller which gives you a 10% discount on final fees.

2 Likes

I was told the same thing for a case but I was the buyer. They straight up told me I had won the case and it was closed in my favor but couldn’t refund me until the “high value department” looked at it. It was so much back and forth, I am 100% positive they spent more on hourly pay for the workers on that case than what I paid for the item.

2 Likes

If I ever sell cards years down the line I’ll immediately block those “buyers lol.” I’ll make sure every last card has a good home. I’ll seek out members here that make buy threads or something. People who genuinely like collecting. There’s nothing wrong with selling cards eventually. But it’s sickening when these people assume they will only have to hold cards a month or two and make millions lol.

Tell them “Be patient young padawon.” :joy:

Top Rated

AND

Feedback Removal (wayyy more valuable then Top Rated)

1 Like

I recently became Top Rated again (used to be a long time ago but lost it when tracking became mandatory as I did a bunch of P.W.E. listings under $10 back then). Even though I am top rated I do not ever expect I will do the 1 day handling and 30 day returns to get the badge and the 10% discount. Doesn’t seem remotely worth it and 1 day handling would be too time consuming for me to be worth it too. Even if I was already doing the 1 day handling 30 day returns alone I don’t think would work out being worth it unless returns for no reason happen less than I am expecting.

3 Likes

I got top rated seller a month or 2 ago (even though I only had a 30 something feedback rating, so I found it odd that they would give that title to me) and I do pretty much exactly what you used to do with the ~$10 value untracked PWE. I’ve also had my handling time set to 2 days since the beginning, so what am I missing here? Are they easing up on some of the requirements or something?

edit: I’ve also never had returns enabled