E4 3rd Annual Art Contest Announcement (With Launch Date and latest info!)

Friday, June 16th
(CONTEST IS LIVE!)

Info regarding dimensions: 4x2.25 just like an old back trainer OR full art dimensions 2.5x3.5
Remember: everything will be explained in the official launch thread, so this is just for those wanting to begin art early.

Attention all efourians! Save the date! Prepare your pencils and brushes, or even mice! Your friendly organizers just wanted to put out a little announcement that it will be beginning soon, and to stay tuned. Ready your skills, get the word out (including on that place they call the discord), and be sure not to miss it! All ranges of skill are welcome, from original creations to childlike drawings, or recreations and 3D renderings! We also wanted to personally invite and make aware the contest alumni, especially historical finalists. You are personally invited for another amazing year.

@liron @khairis @MaxyMaxy @defluo @smokemon @Troy @muk @gareth @pancakestak @jaredschallenge @qwachansey @raichuforyou @caughtatpoint @andrewvt36 @lyleberr @pigeonsyndicate @pokesoap @thatpikachuguy @fazool @Berndos @fiery @neos @quuador @fate @kurtosisblakeinfini @prochaos @fourthstartcg @pokekuma13 @dizzylochs @pfm @flukoluko @nikhil @millsfan @HumanForScale @galalyth @chrisundrum @ferny @sixtoacm @pichael25 @totodile_in_pursuit @moredoom @dunsparce0p @vyzhr @Lemon @jworth2017 @kromaticlanturn @expedition @ayoveer @Frosty.Puppy @trainerjack @skinst @purevito @boogus @Gus @warp @0rion @knotchi @Doug @amwolf @G1TLandon

For those who’ve never seen it, or are new, here are the first and second annual art contests to go check out! The second one was unfortunately interrupted by the site relocation, so it appears incomplete, including the gallery, which is normally post #2 on each contest. But the submissions appeared to be all there, so just scroll through the thread to see. I am also working on developing a hall of fame thread to showcase all works, including champions. So expect that some time in the future.

(P.S.) It’s never too early to get started on your work if you know you’re gonna join =)

This Pokemon Go-less student recreated the game on Snapchat

41 Likes

Once a year is too quick! I havent had time to finish getting any of my plans for new things tested this year (or old debts settled). Seems like itll be another year of last minute figuring out a new process. Cant wait to see everyones amazing art! Im trying for #1 this year (dont worry, this project wont be a custom deck signature card -=E4 Signature Exchange=- Results Thread).

9 Likes

I’m excited to join in this year! And thanks for the early announcement. I’ve had my hands full with the kiddo, so the heads-up is much appreciated!

7 Likes

Man I wish I could draw. I’d love to do this too. I can barely do proportions right on a stick figure.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing some wonderful art, folks. I know it’s going to be a grand showcase!

Togepi gyarados anime GIF - Find on GIFER

Best of luck to all!
11 Likes

You might consider the Child Drawing category! It’s one of the reasons why we included it - we know not everyone is a professional artist.

12 Likes

Child and originals are great categories to just have fun with.

7 Likes

So how does one sign up for this? Also is June 19th when we have to submit artwork by?

1 Like

HECK YES

7 Likes

HECK YES INDEED!

6 Likes

The 16th is the launch date of the contest. When that thread opens, there is a sign up period (2-3 weeks), a submission period (3 weeks) and then a voting period (1 week). So from now (assuming you plan on entering) you have well over a 2 months from the time submissions are actually due.

It’s best to announce the looming thread, we learned, as some people want to join but don’t have the time. The contest is a blast! I saw you checked out the previous contest… it pretty much gives a great idea of how it works time wise, and how you sign up by posting in the thread. Not this thread, the actual thread that opens on the 16th of June.

9 Likes

So absolutely excited! Thanks so much for putting this on again this year! I would be honored to participate!

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see some Pokemon art :grinning:

7 Likes

Great to see this return!

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see all the great creations and maybe even throw one of my own in the ring!

8 Likes

Think I might dip my toe this year and do some real damage :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Can’t wait, I thought about this last week strangely enough :sweat_smile: looking forward to seeing some awesome art!

4 Likes

So excited to see what everyone comes up with!

3 Likes

So when we submit our artwork, will it be submitted to a public thread? Or is it kept hidden until a certain date? Just wondering if I should show anyone my art beforehand or not

Don’t show your art or I steal it and make it worse. :melting_face:

jk

8 Likes