DizzyLochs' Stadium Collection - 2 Yellow Envelopes

I CRAVE THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH

4 Likes

and give up all this power?

1 Like

Yo all,

Found one of the Guardians Rising reverse holo errors, Altar of the Sunne

Compared to a regular copy -

I like this error a lot. Easy to miss, but a big difference from what it should be

Loch

2 Likes

Do you know if this error only occurs in the Guardians Rising set, or also some of the other Sun & Moon era sets?

Greetz,
Quuador

@quuador I’m not too sure tbh, I’ve not seen/ heard of it in any other S&M sets. Outside of S&M, I have once seen it on a XY Phantom Forces card though

1 Like

I have only really seen it in Guardians. I have about 8 cards or so with this error and I think it was just a group of packs I opened. It seems like there was a fairly large print run with this error.

2 Likes

Yo all,

Made some very exciting purchases last month, things have been pretty hectic recently so glad to be finally getting around to posting an update.

Super pleased to pick up a copy of the 2006 Championship Arena. The artworks for both the 05/06 prints of this card are imo some of Ueda’s best and have all the things I love to see in a Stadium.

Next to it is the JP Pokemon Gym Promo of All-Night Party. It’s a fun artwork and the only stadium done by Ariga; also I love the small card back next to the illustration.

Sealed has not particularly appealed to me in the past though I really like the sealed n’ unpeeled Ultimate Zone promo I got not too long ago, so I’ve been keeping an eye out for more sealed stadiums & recently and found this. A juicy unpeeled 1999 CoroCoro Koga’s Ninja Gym and Giovanni’s Nidoking insert, as well as the cover from the issue. The Coro promos are great and Koga’s ninja Gym is such a great card so happy to find this. Big fan that the cover features the cards too. Here’s the album of decent scans if anyone’s interested.

Have a good Xmas

Loch x

17 Likes

Fantastic taste. Congrats on the pick-ups!

1 Like

Cheers @funmonkey54 , some of my favourites in the collection so far :blush:

Very cool, original idea. Collecting all 800 will take a good while though

1 Like

Yo All,

3/15 of the error Stadiums I own happen to be Mt. Coronets. Here’s 2 of the Full Art ones I picked up fairly recently.

The first has a nice crimp along the top, the other OC/Miscut.

Cheers, Loch x

@nelz, Thank you! It sure will :blush:

6 Likes

Wow! When I saw that CoroCoro magazine, my first thought was , “Woah it’s Van from Zoids Chaotic Century!!” I loved Zoids SSOOO much as a kid. It was totally an obsession for me alongside Pokemon and DBZ. Also, yeah the All-Night Party promo is easily one of the best depictions of Umbreon I’ve ever seen. I def have to pick up a copy of that. Great pickups, awesome collection, and thanks for the unexpected Zoids nostalgia!!

2 Likes

Yo all,

Just a quick update on some items -

A copy of the Lucky Stadium from Intro Pack Neo, this is such a cool card that i’ve kept missing out on (mainly because I kept forgetting about auction ending times), so glad that i’ve finally picked one up. It’s a little scuffed, but got it at a good price and so i’m just happy to have the artwork in the collection. I’m also a sucker for cool set stamps.

Also picked up the 2nd of the two jumbo stadiums, Pokemon Valley which came from the August, 1999 issue of CoroCoro. Love a jumbo, Kimura’s art is incredible, what more.

Here we’ve got a whopping 45 new JP stadiums to add to my collection. These were all gifted to me by @mrbubbles , for the 2020 Secret Santa. I really can’t thank you enough, from the start I was thinking it would be awesome to receive some set stadiums as I so often skip them to try save money to collect some of the more expensive cards first. So to get a huge amount of Japanese cards was such a pleasure. The gold full arts are amazing, and the Lucky Stadium, of course, a classic.

It also included this funny drawing that showed the grand opening of the “Dizzy Stadium”. Here’s a link to my full post in the Secret Santa 2020 thread showing off all the good stuff I was sent.

This last item doesn’t really fit in the stadium collection, but I really like it so ima post it here.

I’ve been getting back into playing yugioh recently, so bought a new custom playmat and really like how it turned out. I took this picture one lunch when I was at uni a while ago, i’ve always liked it and had it as my desktop background for a long time. A lot of good mems from there, so love having it on my desk. I’m sure i’ll be using it for a photo background in most upcoming collection posts too.

Cheers, Loch x

7 Likes

Great collection idea! So many cards I’m seeing for the first time, or seeing in a new light. Totally appreciate that!

Can’t wait to see your collection grow.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely loving the Jumbo - I’ve never seen it before! Gives me some major Southern Islands vibes for some reason. Keep it up with the Stadiums - you already know I’m a sucker for niche collections. And congrats on the pickups!

2 Likes

I love the advertising around the stadium at the top, on the Intro Pack Lucky Stadium — such a cool detail to have the set logo and PCL logo there. I find that one always gets overshadowed by the other Lucky Stadium cards but I really like it.

Great additions! Looking forward to seeing more :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks @cbd1235, appreciate it a lot, always happy to get the chance to show people some stadiums.

Cheers @azulryu, agreed the jumbo art is so good. I get Pokemon Snap river level vibes, all it needs is a Gyarados popping out of the falls :wink:

@pokekuma13, yess the advertising is so good on it. I’ve been thinking of doing an edit of the art work for a new profile pic and changing up that prime ad space. Appreciate the kind words.

4 Likes

Yo all,

Recently-ish got the L-P Burned Tower Promo to go with the Indigo Plateau.
I really dig set logos, type work & such on the front of cards and these both look great; here’s them together.

Loch x

11 Likes

Love the L-P set. You need the Scyther now! :wink:

1 Like

@nickofturl Luckily I got one in a small L-P promo bundle that included the Indigo Plateau :sunglasses: The artwork on that Scyther really does look amazing

1 Like