Displaying booster boxes?

Anyone here display, empty or full, booster boxes? If so, how do you display them? Do you ‘open’ them up, put them in cases, etc?

I’m curious what people suggest. I know about the plastics acrylic cases with magnets on top but they are hella expensive it seems. I feel like a box for a box should not be 75 bucks.

Anyone have suggestions or links? I would NOT recommend ever opening a box to display it unless you want to open the packs.

A $50-$75 acrylic case is not all that bad if you’re talking about a five or six-figure booster box. I searched quite a bit for a cheaper display option and couldn’t find a suitable one. It costs just as much to order a custom acrylic display case, unless you order a large quantity. I ended up buying a $60 acrylic magnet case from the user ‘silver-gt’ on eBay and I’ve been very happy with it. It’s sturdy and fits perfectly. Definitely a worthwhile purchase, IMO.

4 Likes

All the displays I see are the acrylic ones, I’m trying to find reasonably priced deck display solutions since its the same thing, a $50 case for a $25 deck (Now more with the surge but the point still stands)

I pulled my booster box collection down from my display cases this year.

I was comfortable displaying 5k worth of boxes in 2018… but am I comfortable with displaying 50k worth? No lol.

Into the sdb they go

4 Likes

I have no idea if they’d actually fit, but there’s an ebay seller that sells acrylic cases that fit the newer boxes for 25 dollars with free shipping. I’m waiting to get 2 of them right now in the mail.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Acrylic-Booster-Box-Display-Box-case-Framing-Display-Quality-Grade/114278074776

Oooh yeah I saw those 2 and was wondering if they fit older boosters. Let us know how they work out!

I use those acrylic cases that are available on Ebay

I use to purchase these a few years back for my empty box collection, They ranged between $7-$14 at the time good quality. However, the seller no longer sells on Ebay. Best advise is to keep a look out for others who sell them, cause when they list they sell out fast.

Interesting you said “open” them… I started thinking of a neat way to display empty boxes by series and sets by laying them flat and then framing them in a very modern minimalistic way a while back… but I’m still trying to find inspo before I start breaking down what is now considered *valuable* empty boxes (I don’t understand this phenomenon but I’ve definitely bought into it when I’ve had the chance for a “fair” price just because of this art display idea I’ve always had)… but I see what you mean…

There needs to be some more DIY / craft projects / art projects revolving the recycling of Pokemon-related remnants…

I bought a couple acrylic boxes from pokeprotect.com along with several of their long-pack magnetic holders and am loving the quality. Free shipping and no tax, along with being priced 10% lower than their eBay listings is the cherry on top.

And yeah, $60 seems like a lot. But what’s the minimum WotC box price these days? $10k? Definitely a small price to pay in comparison to the item you’re protecting

1 Like

One of our own here on E4 sells them on his ebay. @raukcard on eBay. Forgot his name on here. I use them for my empty box collection. Highly recommended!

1 Like

Here is my display. Nothing fancy. Just a little side collection I’ve built up over the years. I only display empty boxes/packs.

1 Like

I’m not sure if his prices are still the same, but I bought my custom-made acrylic box a year ago (September 2019) for just 14 GBP + another 14 GBP tracked shipping from the UK to The Netherlands from prdisplays1, and I can definitely recommend his work. I don’t collect booster boxes personally, but I do have one:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I love those displays, I have them for all my Early Japanese booster boxes. Very sturdy, looks good and affordable!

@quuador, I opened that SM10b booster box 2 weeks ago and pulled THE card (bird trio) I wanted. I was so happy :blush:. Great box art too!

1 Like

Ah nice, congrats on the pull! And for sure. It has to be a great art on the box, otherwise I would be tempted to open it. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not much of a sealed collector tbh. Apart from this box, I only own one sealed deck (Base Set ZAP! ©1999-2000 - which I might open one day, since it’s in rough condition anyway, but I kept it sealed for now); and thus far two (and soon three) sealed booster packs: an Australian Fossil Red Logo Aerodactyl pack (my favorite booster pack; I love to red logo with the brown pack, and Aerodactyl is among my top 20 favorite Pokémon); a Japanese unlimited edition Pokémon Web booster pack which contains the Moltres (still looking for a 1st edition one); and I have a sealed EX Sandstorm pack with Seviper on the cover incoming. And I of course own some sealed promos, most noticeably the Moltres promos and a Japanese Southern Island set.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador, i got one like that (except made for older boosters like Base) and I got one like @artemis so Ill see which I prefer. I really appreciate the responses everyone!

60$ doesn’t seem bad to protect Booster Boxes that are going up more than 60$ a day

2 Likes

You have all convinced me! I will look into grabbing one hopefully off eBay. That tax annoys me more than anything!

Thanks guys!

If anyone lives in Australia, there are a few good companies here that make really nice quality boxes. One i can think of from the top of my head is ‘Keep it Mint Cases’. They are really durable, thick and have nothing that protrudes from the case that risks damaging your box.

Here is a pic of the ones i bought from them for my boxes.