Pokemon Booster Box Protective Display Case? Worth it?

Hey there :blush:

I’ve got two WOTC booster boxes which I bought a few years ago (1st edition Discovery and Rocket), but - much to the chagrin of many on here - I’ve left them in the exact boxes in which they were delivered in. I’m just curious whether these plastic booster box display cases are any good and/or whether I should just purchase two? As there’s a seller on eBay (in the UK) that’s selling them for £21.99 each.

All comments are welcomed ~

1 Like

I too am looking for recommendations if someone wants to point out a company that will ship to canada :blush:

1 Like

I use plastic bins that cost $1

3 Likes

I just purchased a acrylic one from graded powers eBay recently and I recommend. It has a magnetic lock system with a sliding top. I don’t recommend the ones with nuts and screws.

It is also UV protectant! Was around $30

3 Likes

The ones from graded power website are great

1 Like

I purchased ones I like from prdisplays1 on Instagram. They are acrylic manufacturer in UK. No magnets sliding top.

1 Like

If in USA I highly recommend silver.gt on Instagram. Not cheap but very durable and perfect for display

I bought mine off Rusty’s (TCA Gaming) ebay listing. They are fantastic. I highly recommend them. Put your booster box in the acrylic case and the case back in the cardboard box to protect the case from scratches. And PFM I’m in Canada as you know.

1 Like

What bins do you use?

I bought them at The Container Store, they’re literally around $1 each. They’re usually right in the front of the store. Then I cut out bubble wrap and put it on the bottom and sides. It’s a great budget option.

1 Like

I bought these from silver.gt, and I am very happy with them.

3 Likes

I have bought from both silver.gt and prdisplays. Both are quality cases. Silver has the magnets, while pr uses the sliding method.

1 Like

Like the ones from TCA Gaming/The Charizard Authority?

Links to silver.gt and Graded Powers Ebay?

I have some acrylic display cases for my Pokemon Gameboy/Advance games that I love which I bought from the seller eternalblow on eBay. They have acrylic cases for booster boxes found here

Another +1 for prdisplays1 very well made.

1 Like

Just like @qwachansey and @way2slowbro I can recommend prdisplays1 on IG: www.elitefourum.com/t/impossible-to-find-dp-era-booster-box-acrylic-cases/32745/3.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

There used to be some acid-free thin plastic fold-up cases on ebay. They were about $10 and very functional since they added little to no bulk. IDK if you can find something like that still, but I love 'em. However, they don’t offer much protection, so maybe this was a bad suggestion…

Does anyone know whether there are protective boxes for Pokemon Center boxes like Klara and Eevee Heroes box? So far, I only see protective boxes for ETB and booster boxes.