Difference between 2 Japanese Promos

Hi All! So I’ve found 2 cards that look identical in every aspect except for a different Label Description on PSA. Also, one is super expensive and the other is cheap right now on auction. So I wanted some opinions :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

The Top pictured one is going cheap on auction, whereas the bottom one is about 2KAUD

Edit: I do notice a potential colour difference but that is about it. Thank You to All that can Help :pray:

Oof, PSA really messed up with the labels. Both the promo cards are the same, 043/BW-P, so both of them should be labelled as Pokemon Fair Apita Quiz Rally. So the bottom card is correct and the top one has the wrong label.

For the top label, the card should be an unnumbered promo card as below. Basically same art, but different stamp. This card was given to participants in the “Pokémon Smile School” event that travelled to kindergartens and daycare centers across Japan

Personal opinion, both of these cards are cheap. The bottom one, regardless if it had the correct label should not be anywhere close to that pricing. They are fairly easy to get, raw atleast and I don’t think a PSA 10 should demand such a steep value, unless it has a genuine condition rarity.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Those look like the same cards. However it looks like there are a lot of different types of these Tepig promos.

035/BW-P
043/BW-P
076/BW-P
079BW-P
Unnumbered BW-P

Seems they are the same art with different stamps that were given out at different events. Some might be more rare than others, but I doubt any of them have sold anywhere near the one listed for $2000.

2 Likes

Hi @mrbubbles thank you so much for your very clear response! You are have a wealth of knowledge :star_struck:
Also, I agree the price is extremely steep
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful response @A.P.Speeze :smile: You’re right, so many Tepig Promos out there, haha
Cheers

1 Like