Did I miss any Evolutions variants?

6 Likes

Just when I thought I had finished my Evolutions binder this thread destroys my dreams lol. All jokes aside, I have the four Pokemon Staff/ Preleases but now I gotta add these lol. Let the hunt begin lol.

4 Likes

It took me a few tries and some weird angles, but I think this is the swirl holo pattern? I almost missed it while looking at the card, it’s invisible from most angles.

1 Like

I just took a look at my pikachus and both (reg/rev) are maroon ones judging from the picture you posted lol

Here is mine. Is that considered maroon or am I blind.

1 Like

It definitely looks maroon. Compare it to another card?

1 Like

Has anyone been able to find any variant of those Double Colorless Energy cards?

The Deriums’ ones are on ebay now also, graded PSA 9. Never figured Kevin would sell them since he’s a DCE freak.

www.ebay.ie/itm/Double-Colorless-Energy-Holo-Pokemon-Championships-International-PSA-9-/262877118499?hash=item3d34b28023:g:WQoAAOSwB-1YqRbH

1 Like

I was not aware of these until they were mentioned on this thread… In anyone’s opinion, do you guys think they are fairly priced?

I swear these were up the other day and were showing as all sold for $200. Most sales I’ve seen for this have been around $20-40 ungraded. So $200 does seem high to me. Derium did say that the staff at the events were told to destroy the cards that were not given out, could be a sign of scarcity in the future?

I saw the same thing. Maybe a non-paying bidder. I assumed they’d be given out at more than one event. But I don’t know a lot about how the event cards are handed out. Haven’t seen many for sale though.

1 Like

I meant another pikachu card lol

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! I am still shocked I missed these lol.

Would the Black Star Promo full art Starters be included in this set? Since in the Japan CP6 set they are secret rares?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blastoise-EX_(XY_29)
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard-EX_(Flashfire_12)

Although in English they came in Generations, on bulbapedia they are listed under evolutions
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Expansion_Pack_20th_Anniversary_(TCG)

Nvm xD I saw the other pictures lol

Dont mind me.

Sounds like DCE is the card again in the Australian Oceania Championships this weekend. So should be a few more hitting the market before too long. Haven’t confirmed if the stamp is unchanged yet.

Just a question, what is your view on the full holo “error” for evolutions?

I deem them error cards as long as the bleed is significant (if it’s just shadowing or insignificant bleed then I don’t personally). Being as though there was a decent number of cards produced with that… effect I think they are worthy of being considered an error/ variant.

And back in DCE variant land. Confirmed that there is another variant of the stamped DCE “Oceania”. Which probably means regular stamped, Staff stamped, Top 8 and Champ. Happy hunting!

1 Like