Did I miss any Evolutions variants?

I’m trying to complete my Evolutions Master Set. Here are all the variants I could find. Did I miss any?

1. Pikachu Cracked Ice Holo - Pikachu Power Theme Deck Exclusive

2. Raichu Non-Holo - Pikachu Power Theme Deck Exclusive

3. Magneton Non-Holo - Pikachu Power Theme Deck Exclusive

4. Mewtwo Cracked Ice Holo - Mewtwo Mayhem Theme Deck Exclusive

5. Nidoking Non-Holo - Mewtwo Mayhem Theme Deck Exclusive

6. Hitmonchan Non-Holo - Mewtwo Mayhem Theme Deck Exclusive

7. Mew Holo - Pokemon League - 1st Place Stamp

8. Mew Holo - Pokemon League - 2nd Place Stamp

9. Mew Holo - Pokemon League - 3rd Place Stamp

10. Mew Holo - Pokemon League - 4th Place Stamp

11. Reverse Holo Double Colorless Energy - International Stamp

12. Reverse Holo Double Colorless Energy - International Stamp with STAFF stamp

13. Reverse Holo Double Colorless Energy - International Stamp with CHAMPION stamp

14. Charmander Holo - Toys R Us Stamp

15. Charmander Swirl Holo - Toys R Us Stamp

16. Electabuzz Holo - Toys R Us Stamp

17. Electabuzz Swirl Holo - Toys R Us Stamp

18. Mew Non-Holo - Prerelease Kit Exclusive

19. Ninetales Non-Holo - Prerelease Kit Exclusive

20. Poliwrath Non-Holo - Prerelease Kit Exclusive

21. Charizard Prerelease Stamp

22. Gyarados Prerelease Stamp

23. Mewtwo Prerelease Stamp

24. Machamp Prerelease Stamp

25. Charizard Prerelease Stamp with STAFF stamp

26. Gyarados Prerelease Stamp with STAFF stamp

27. Mewtwo Prerelease Stamp with STAFF stamp

28. Machamp Prerelease Stamp with STAFF stamp

29. Corrected Electrode Non-Holo - Nintendo changed some text around.

30. Corrected Electrode Reverse Holo - Nintendo changed some text around.

31. Green Bottle Devolution Spray Non-Holo - Printing Defect

32. Green Bottle Devolution Spray Reverse Holo - Printing Defect

33. Blue Background Pikachu - Printing Defect

34. Reverse Holo Double Colorless Energy - International Stamp with TOP 8 stamp

2 Likes

Pikachu with 20th anniversary stamp?

1 Like

The corrected Electrode should be noted if you don’t already have it. Both in reverse and regular.

What corrected electrode?

I think you’re thinking of the generations pikachu.

1 Like

www.pokebeach.com/2017/01/errata-announced-for-electrode-from-evolutions

There are 2 versions printed. Look at the last line in ability for ones with and without the energy symbol. They’re pretty easy to track down but no one really made much mention of the change.

1 Like

5 Likes

Wow I was not aware of the Electrode card and the Double Colorless Energy. Do you have pics of the Energy ones? I couldn’t find them on eBay :slightly_frowning_face:.

Yeah I have a pic saved on my computer. Can post it tomorrow. I haven’t been successful at tracking down any of the DCEs. I’m not willing to pay stupid money for them. The Champion one would be near impossible to acquire without a huge hole in your pocket.

1 Like

@tonysandlin corrected Electrode

1 Like

Tell me more about these “Swirl” holos and the green devolution spray.

If we are including printing shades, I have 3 M Charizard EX that are all a distinctive version of orange.

1 Like

Someone has the champions stamp DCE for $450,000 on eBay best offer quick quick quick

1 Like

The green Devolution Spray is the one on the right:

But I’m still not convinced it’s really a variant like the Electrodes are - I think the coloring of this set was just really inconsistent and this happens to be the card where it’s most obvious.

I’m not sure what the swirl holos are.

Are the swirl holos really a variant? I was under the impression that they all had the same foil (which would make sense, why would there be 2 different print runs of a promo distributed for one day). I thought it was gross when I saw sellers charging more for these because of where abouts on the sheet their copies happened to be when printed. Are they really different cards?

If you include the Green Devolution Spray, then you could also include the Blue Pikachu (non-holo), which you already have @tony . They may not be as common to find as the Devolution Spray, but I’ve seen three distinct Blue Pikachus so far (one in your possession, one from a guy of Instagram, and one is currently incoming towards me when I came across it on ebay).

As for your Maroon misprint, I think that’s a one-of-a-kind occurrence unfortunately… :slightly_frowning_face: And I’ve also seen a Surfing Pikachu with grey ears and outlines instead of black (also probably one-of-a-kind unfortunately).

Picture from @tony 's collection as reference of what I’m talking about:

(If anyone has another Maroon Pikachu, let me know.)

EDIT: Here is the Grey Surfing Pikachu I was talking about:

(Top right one - source)

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

I had a look through my pikachus. Some of them are definitely darker/different, but none I would call maroon. Nothing but nasty regulars.

@kpatmusic I agree with you 100%. The coloring of this set is inconsistent. It just happens to be Devolution Spray is the most obvious.

@salmoncannon It’s just weird some holos have the little swirl and some don’t. I choose to include the swirl holos in my collection because it’s a noticeable inconsistency…if that makes sense… kind of like devolution spray’s coloring

@quuador I have high hopes in finding another maroon copy. I’m sure it’s more than a one-time print error. There has to be at least a whole sheets worth of these things. It would be weird if one copy on the sheet was printed maroon but the rest correctly printed purple.

1 Like

@fritz - I have a bunch of color inconsistent cards that I kept. I noticed it a lot on the Electabuzz card too, very similar to the Devolution Spray where the yellow looks more green that it should. Can you post comparitive photos of the swirl holo variants? I haven’t looked much into those but you piqued my curiosity.

As long as you are going for rare and unusual printing inconsistencies how about textureless secret rares?

As for the DCEs, these photos were taken from Deriums Instagram and the Champion card is on eBay:

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot more error cards than I would of thought.

did you have the International Championship Top 8 in the list?

Here’s a top 8 picture (not my card)

Dang another one!