Did expedition base set (original 6) energies have reverse's

I was looking through psa graded stuff for expedition base set and noticed darkness and metal energies had reverse holo variants that had been graded but fire, grass, fighting, lightening, psychic, and water had no reverse holos listed that had been graded. Is this because reverse holos for those 6 energies do not exist? From browsing a couple sites I couldn’t find anything that said anything about these one way or the other. Any answers would be awesome and much much appreciated!

They also aren’t in the Energy checklist of @credits , who collects Energies, so I’m pretty sure they indeed do not exist. But perhaps @credits himself can shed some additional light on the matter?

I’m pretty sure the reason why the Metal and Darkness Energies does have Reverse Holos is because they were Rares in the Expedition Base Set, while the other Energies were just Energies. (I always counted Energies as below Commons when there is no rarity symbol present, but most modern Energy cards have Common symbols now, so I guess Energies can be called Commons as well.)

Greetz,
Quuador

I figured if they did exist that there’d be graded ones, but if not I thought crazier things have occurred. Thanks alot for the info and assurance!

They do not exist. They are erroneously in PSA’s Set Registry as well.

To my knowledge they do not exist for english. The Darkness and Metal energies are special energies just like Strong Energy or Splash Energy for example. HGSS era is when dark and metal became standard energies. There are foreign variants though :wink:

Side note: German/French/Italian basic energies have no difference with their English counterparts. (That’s why ‘English’ ex Ruby & Sapphire reverse holo basic energy exist although they weren’t available in English boosters.)

So it could be that they were printed in those languages. I did a search over foreign ebay sites, but couldn’t find them.

1 Like

For my ongoing expedition masters set I’m adding the Japanese McDonald’s promo e series energies :blush: check them out, they’re beautiful