Diamond & Pearl 2 Player Trainer Kit Contents (Now Opened)

Hi all i recently purchased a sealed Diamond & Pearl Trainer Kit. According to Bulbapedia along with the 2 half decks there “also includes a late-EX Series or DP Series Booster pack,”

My question is - is there anyway of knowing which set the Booster Pack inside is from without breaking the seal?

I have watched a few YouTube / videos / of / opening these and the results vary quite a bit, Every video i have watched gave a different Booster either from EX or D&P.
However i also saw an eBay listing for a sealed case of these and he listed that it came with all EX booster packs which leads me to believe there is some sort of tell that gives away weather or not it has a EX Booster or D&P Booster inside the boxes.
I have been recently collecting sealed product/Boosters so i’m still debating weather to open this or keep it sealed :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Thanks for any help!

There isn’t really a known way of knowing which booster pack will be inside without breaking the seal as it is random.

You have done the appropriate research yourself in watching others open said product, so you know it has a random EX or D&P booster. It also appears as though the seller for that listing of the sealed case is simply embellishing their description to make it seem more desirable.

1 Like

If you do the research, you might be able to find it. By that, I mean knowing all the DP and EX series pack designs. I used a flashlight and was able to see the side of the pack and determine what it is for my own kits. You might not always be able to see the side enough.

1 Like

Thanks i wasn’t sure as the videos i found with the DP packs seemed to be the German product and every other video was English had the EX packs. Must of just been a coincidence!

Thanks this is about the best i can hope for i think, It’s not arrived yet but i will try and figure it out when it gets here!

I think from my DP Kits, I mostly saw Dragon Frontiers and Power Keepers. So I’d look up those pack arts first. I think I only had 1 other pack, but I’m not sure, might have been crystal guardians. But I’ve also only had like 5-10 of these and I didn’t even open them.

1 Like

It arrived today and after all my research and the limited view i have of the booster i think it may be a EX Holon Phantoms pack but it may be wishful thinking.
Still unsure weather or not to open it and confirm.

Still unsure I’m Color Blind which doesn’t help but out of all the pack arts ive looked at this is the only one i can kinda see it being.

1 Like

I gave in and opened it and i was wrong about which pack i thought it was but still happy :grin:

4 Likes