Deep saturation in base set holos - Ruby Red Charizard

Is this the ruby red version for shadowless? Can anyone help?

1 Like

No

2 Likes

Are there quality images showing the difference between ruby red? I know the orange nidoking is easier to identify but I don’t see as much about the ruby red variant.

3 Likes

This is new terminology to me - what’s the “ruby red” refer to here?

Intense Charizard colors - #3 by tem4elf

8 Likes

@c0ll3ct0r beat me to it. Unlimited has the same ruby variation.

1 Like

Thanks for the link! I used to think this was overkill, but now I like the distinction!

4 Likes

That’s neat! Looking good!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just so intense and vibrant, gorgeous! I know the poster spent a long time tracking down the deepest one in that picture (a PSA 7 I believe) pretty much my grail when it comes to cards. They are extremely difficult to come by.

4 Likes

Amazing. Thank you. We need a sticky ruby red Charizard thread. I’ve been seeing more and more people talking about it. Might be the chase for the future. Anyways the shadowless PWCC PSA 10 does look fairly red, but I guess I gotta study more to distinguish it better

Unlimited also has a ruby red version?

Regular unlimited does not, unfortunately. There is some variation in saturation but not anywhere near 1st ed and Shadowless.

1 Like

I don’t think so

2 Likes

Feel free to make a thread if you want to talk about it.

4 Likes

Oh okay, that makes sense. Because unlimited is just straight orange

orange nidoking? :eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you c0ll3ct0r for clearing up any misinfo. There are indeed ruby charizards, love 'em and have one myself. Shadowless saturation variances are so extreme and that’s why it’s even more especially such a profound set of perfect cards being og 'n all. My favorite is the abyss blue blastoise. Man, when you get a deep blastoise… WHOO! It’s amazing. In fact the deep starters are all amazing.

4 Likes

This isn’t true. They absolutely exist in Base Unlimited.

The main difference is:

• Shadowless ruby saturation (often, but not always) affects the card art (i.e., Charizard itself) and the color of the card
  • Unlimited ruby saturation affects the color of the card
8 Likes

If we’re counting that as a ruby Charizard, sure.

1 Like

Fair enough. I always have, but I can see why others would not.

1 Like