David Persin YouTube Videos

Where would William be in the ranking?

1 Like

William was just known to go after really rare cards, hardly had the huge collection or completeness of both Gary and David. Not to meantion he went for more Japanese releases. It’s like comparing Scott and Gary, they’re two different collecting directions that it makes it hard to ‘rank’ so to speak.

4 Likes

Im not exactly sure who william is. does anyone have a link to his profile on here if he was ever on here or a link to his old collection?

1 Like

Will-I-Am on pokegym. Don’t think he even made it to UPCCC, what efour used to be. Quit collecting after he couldn’t grade the Prerelease Raichu if I remember correctly. Sold off his collection as was already mentioned, pr raichu going to david.

3 Likes

David’s collection is way more complete than mine. I had a big head start since I was hoarding wotc 6 years before he started collecting. When he started I was still hoarding wotc and never stopped. He got into rarer limited release newer stuff which he still is.

You can’t really rank us.
Scott is #1 Japanese promos.
David’s #1 English promos.
I’m #1 Wotc.

We all collect other things in the hobby of course but those are our niches.
Unless we sold our collections, there is absolutely no way anybody could catch us.
Lastly, we all admire and respect each other. It took a lot of effort to achieve what we have. We all care deeply about the hobby. David says he’s the #1 English collector👀 but that’s okay. He and Scott are both #1 in my book:)

17 Likes

“It’s 2004, I’m laying in my bed, got an iPad in my hand…”

Sure you do.

I can’t understand why anyone would even lie like that.

4 Likes

Entertainment. He’s crafting a visual to go along with his story. Most good story tellers share stories that start with a nugget of truth that is reworked into something a little more compelling. If you get too caught up on the non-essential details you can miss out on a lot of fun.
The truth is he liked cards and bought them. Doesn’t really have the same ring to it, huh?

Sorry, I disagree.

The details are inherently important.

I stop listening when I catch people in blatant lies. Because if you can’t be factual with the basics, you clearly can’t be factual with bigger picture.

Kudos to those who have the ability to ignore things like that though.

I have enjoyed the videos he has put out so far. The fact he has so many rare cards and just as many interesting stories to go along with them makes the videos very appealing to collectors today.

1 Like

Most good story tellers share stories that start with a nugget of truth that they rework into something a little more compelling. If you get too caught up on the non-essential details you can miss out on a lot of fun.

Providing detailed elements within stories is a basic tenet for delivering narratives (even if they are stretched, as within the context they aren’t important).

Saying: “I was on the computer one night and purchased a set I was interested in”, is far less interesting than painting a detailed picture,

like: "One wintry night in December of 2010, I was in bed, laden with sweat and holding an IPad in hand. I had just become $200 poorer and found myself wallowing in buyer’s remorse. I had bought my first pokemon card set; something I knew nothing about at the time, but would quickly learn.

All I could do was sit staring blankly at the buyer’s confirmation screen, questioning myself again and again about what I had done. My wife, bless her heart, was curled up asleep beside me, completely unaware. It was within that moment, and I remember this clearly, that I knew I had problem.

At the time, I thought the problem was limited to how I would have to explain the package when it arrived later that week. Little did I know that the problem would turn out to be that I needed to catch them all."

See, elements like the specific price paid, location, items interacted with, thoughts (addiction, remorse), etc. are not really as important as the entertainment they provide.

I don’t know this guy, I flicked through a video, but if I recall correctly he said he has a marketing background - and that would explain a lot.

Rudy from alpha investments (someone seemingly mentioned a lot here) is the same with his story telling. If anyone believes everything that comes from these entertainers mouth’s then I think they miss the point.

7 Likes

Ignorance is bliss I guess…

Apparently. :sleeping:

Sorry, I just got back from my mars mission (insert further lengthy untrue narrative to paint picture further)…

I think you’ve missed my point. If people are not being honest about those details, what makes any other detail of the story correct?

Did he buy two sets?

Did he just buy a single card?

Was it even 2004?

His story starts to become fiction, and who honestly cares about a fictional collection story anyway? Obviously there are truths, but to stand there and defend blatant lies is comical in itself.

1 Like

I’m entertained.
His cards are his truth, his personality and stories are his delivery. Think what you want you about him. I don’t think it’s fair to judge the guy on providing entertainment videos. But you do you.

I can share a story though, I remember when you first joined facebook’s Pokemon Australia group (and the others) for the first time and you were just as interesting then as you are now. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wow, if you can remember that, your memory must be fairly good, because I certainly don’t.

I think it’s entirely fair to judge people on the stories they share. I mean, what else is there to judge on? Again, if you’re willing to look past truth for fantasy, that’s fine. But there are lots of people in the world that look at those finer details and take exception to them.

Cycling back to my original comment, replace iPad with laptop and there is no change to entertainment ‘value’. So I again pose the question, why lie about it? And what else is a blatant lie? And why claim you’re going to tell the whole truth?

You’re right, he doesn’t actually own any of the cards he showed. None of this is real. Thank God there’s woke people like you in the community

1 Like

Imagine actually using the word ‘woke’. How old are you little child? Or are you an edgy teen?

Another person who has missed the point, entirely. You’ve also missed the parts where I said clearly there are truths but hey, that wouldn’t support your narrative would it =\