Crystal Ho-oh's Collection

Hi all!

This is my first official post apart from my introductory spiel.

Just thought I’d share a few nice cards from my collection. Hope you like 'em! :blush:

^ I was lucky enough to pick this up when the market was nowhere near what it is today. Got it for under $100.00.

^ Same for this handsome guy!

^ Pulled this beauty from a random pack a few months ago. It is unfortunately the victim of a sloppy cut, resulting in some mild white chipping around the edges. Still - my very first Charizard pull - so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart. I have a PSA submission currently in the works with a mint one making the rounds. Fingers crossed for that 10.

^ Another random pack pull - my favorite card from Base. So happy when it got a 10.

Thanks for looking, guys. More to come in the months ahead! :blush:

17 Likes

I’m expecting a plethora of goodies over the next few weeks - lots of randomness with an emphasis on error cards.

Arrived in my mailbox today:

^ I am terrible at collecting sealed product for the simple reason that I wanna open it all!!! Theme decks are a great solution since there are no surprises. I know what’s inside, so the temptation isn’t there. Plus I have fond memories of owning these as a kid.

^ This square cut base set Ninetales is the first of several square cut cards that I’m expecting. Arrived in beautiful, NM condition.

4 Likes

Received several packages in the mail today, including a mint Neo Discovery theme deck, and 2 square cut error cards. I’m a longtime admirer of Neo Discovery, and I was delighted when PSA magazine feature an article in their last issue about the growing popularity of this overlooked set.

I also managed to snag a legendary bird black star promo set - the corrected versions with Kimura listed illustrator as opposed to Aoki. The error was caught rather late in the print run of these cards, so the corrected versions are scarce.

3 Likes

Nice additions! And the corrected versions of those Legendary Birds promos are indeed quite scarce, although most sellers don’t know they have it (and you can more easily find them from sellers from Australia). Was able to buy three sealed and two unsealed Moltres with corrected Illustrator myself in the past five months. Three of them are currently on their way to PSA, hoping for at least one PSA-10. I collect all variations of that Moltres artwork, including PSA-10 and sealed. Only missing the Spanish sealed version (if it exists), and the English sealed with Game Boy Color advert card. Got everything else (if at least one of the corrected versions returns as PSA-10 that is :wink: ).

That Neo Discovery Theme Deck is also pretty cool! I haven’t seen it that often. Congrats on all the additions. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

Thanks Quuador :blush: I was extremely happy to find those corrected birds, and sealed too. The Moltres and Articuno are spot on perfect; Zapdos is scratched on the back, but not bad, so I’m hoping for a 9. I’m a big fan of that triple set, probably because I have such fond memories of seeing the film as a kid. Really hope you get that Moltres in 10! :wink:

1 Like

I know it’s not the most valuable card from the Team Rocket WOTC set, but it’s definitely one of my favorites.

Also picked up a few more things.

4 Likes

Thanks Carrot! :blush:

The Xatu theme deck is one of the rarer, more expensive theme decks; but yeah, the contents aren’t great. You get a random reverse holo, a Lugia coin, and a booklet. I bought it mainly for the cover, since I love Xatu. Plus it’s mint.

I’ve had these cards for about sixth months, but haven’t featured them here until now. :blush:

7 Likes

Nice FPO cards! :blush:

Going for the complete set?

I like the custom encapsulation you’re using :blush:

It’s a shame PSA won’t do it

Thanks Shyguy! :blush: Would love to complete the set, but with Dugtrio and Clefable nearly impossible to find, that probably won’t happen. Charizard is a definite, though.

Thanks! :blush: The ‘Crystal Ho-Oh Card Grading Service’ kindly obliged my request to encapsulate them.

1 Like

Love that Web card, not a set you see all the time! Nice stuff.

1 Like

Thanks! Would love to collect the entire set! :blush:

1 Like

I promised myself I wouldn’t buy anything else for a while, but then my namesake came along, and well…I just couldn’t resist. :blush:

14 Likes

Trying to complete the original Japanese holo sets (Base through Mysterious Mountains) and bought a huge haul last weekend, all in NM/M condition. Plus I got back some amazing PSA returns, many of which will be sold on Ebay, but what’s featured in these photos are all staying in my collection. :blush:

6 Likes

Where did these fpo cards originate? Love your collection! I dig the old WOTC stuff. Keep it coming!

1 Like

Thanks so much! :blush: The FPO cards are backed by an interesting story. They were created solely for staff use in preparation for the upcoming E-series. Several dozen of each card - Charizard, Blastoise, Ampharos, Clefable, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Arbok, and Man-hole cards - were printed and then packaged, weirdly enough, in Legendary Collection wrappers. A WOTC designer saved them before they could be destroyed and eventually sold the packs that he saved. Rusty of TCA Gaming bought most of them, I believe (I bought mine from him). If you’re interested, here’s a video of Rusty explaining the history and opening some of the packs.

1 Like