Crystal Ho-oh's Collection

I never thought I’d own one, but seeing what prices are and how they keep rising, I thought this might be my last chance. A respectable NM 7 with no play damage and a few factory flaws, I couldn’t be more in love with this card. I knew it was “the one” the instant I saw it.

17 Likes

Congrats on that 1st edition Zard!!

My absolute, bar none, favorite card from the Aquapolis set. My goal for my PSA collection is to keep it extremely small, totaling around 30 cards, with 1 or 2 favorites from each set up through Skyridge. This and Crystal Lugia will finish off Aquapolis.

8 Likes

Oof, that’s a nice collection, i’m crazy jealous of all those japanese holos, theyre getting pretty hard to find.

1 Like

Thanks! :blush: I’m only about 20 holos away from completing Base through Neo. Completing the E series will be a huge challenge!

Thanks to @smpratte’s WOTC Black Star Promo video, I am now inspired to finally finish my (almost) complete set.

I’m really happy with the condition of this card. One of the toughest WOTC promos to find M/NM loose.

These next few I bought from Rusty - 2 W gold Stamps, and 3 ‘Best’ Winner cards. All M/NM.

5 Likes

Thanks for the coupon, Ebay :wink:

6 Likes

Yet another card crossed off the list for my PSA collection! :blush: My favorite art from Gym Heroes. Red and silver make for an awesome color combination.

Also added this classic promo set. I bought a set a while back and opened them for my WOTC promo binder. These I’ll leave sealed.

1 Like

That’s carrot! :blush:

Wow! That’s quite a price jump. Doesn’t surprise me, though. The way I see it, this will always be a desirable card, even in lower grades.

Would love to have gotten a 1st edition, but this unlimited variant was 1/3 the price. Truly stunning in person. This might be my favorite card that I own.

Plus these 2 beauties. They are absolutely Mint.

9 Likes

Thanks Carrot! I’ve been watching them for a long time.

So I took a chance and bought an unlimited Team Rocket pack that was advertised as ‘heavy’…

I collected as a kid, have bought numerous vintage packs as an adult, but never had I pulled a vintage Zard. Until today. Childhood dreams do come true!

7 Likes

That is awesome, congratulations! I would love to pick one of those up one day. The $2,800.00+ price tag may just be worth it

1 Like

I bet that was a rush!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush: It was totally worth it.

Thanks Zach! It was totally amazing! The best part came as I was pulling up the card before it. Since Charizard is the only fire-type holo in the Team Rocket set, seeing that black star and red background could only mean one thing…

1 Like

Picked up an unbelievable collection of Topps Chrome for roughly $100. Thank you again to Gary for the advice on how to store these bad boys! :grin:

To start, the lot came with 2 near-complete sets of regular chrome cards (#1-#78) - the more complete of the two sets went straight to the binder. Only missing a few cards.

The extras:

These will be sleeved and put in toploaders.

The lot also came with 17 special insert cards. For those unfamiliar with the Chrome set, with each pack you had the chance to pull a spectra (least rare), sparkle (rarer), or tekno card (rarest). Spectra cards are fairly easy to find with a pull rate of about 1:3 packs. The Sprakle and Tekno cards are more highly sought after.

Spectra cards:

Sparkle cards:

Tekno cards:

And finally, off to PSA:

Also added these 2 beauties:

3rd Movie Promo. This card has a lot of sentimental value. The one graded here was not the one I got when I went to see the movie as a kid (still have it though) - but 3 was my favorite of all the Pokemon movies, and still is. Absolutely love the reverse foil.

I’m on the verge of completing a binder set of Japanese holos (Base thru Neo) and for a long time have been debating on whether or not to include the Shinings in that collection. Personally, I don’t like the idea of storing higher-end cards in binders, so I’ve decided to buy them in graded form. Notcowl here is my favorite shining artwork (even though he’s the least popular lol).

6 Likes

Finally completed my binder collection of Japanese Base through Neo holos in Mint/NM condition (minus the Shinings)! I’ve also had some PSA returns and purchases over the last month, a few of which I’ve been wanting for a long, long time. Thanks for looking!

PSA returns:

Honestly, this Zard and the Scizor are strong 9s (heck, even 10-worthy). I’m usually in agreement with PSA, but I really felt the graders were overly harsh here.

Corrected Legendary Bird Promos. Glad one of them scored a 10. :blush:

PSA Purchases:

The Ho-Oh and Shining Gyarados are the double-holo variations. Absolutely love the look of these cards.

Finally picked up this big guy. :blush:

10 Likes

Very nice! Keep up the good job @lugiaslair249

1 Like

Thanks so much Zach! :blush:

1 Like