CoroCoro Pokemon Card Game Grafaiai Card Illustration Contest Coming

I saw this over on Pokeguardian and thought it looked like fun! Love that they’re doing more art contests! I’m not much of an artist myself, but I know there are a lot of great ones here on efour! Couldn’t tell if it’s limited to just those who live in Japan, as all it mentions is that you need to enter with the postcard that will come in the upcoming magazine. Either way I’m excited to see what people come up with!

https://www.pokeguardian.com/1120549_corocoro-pokemon-card-game-grafaiai-card-illustration-contest-coming

3 Likes

I’m going to be a Grinch and say I’m 100% not exited since it’s not a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon. :sweat_smile:

…BUT, it’s great they keep the illustration contests up and running, always nice to have the community involved in card making!

Haha, fair enough! At the same time it’s neat because Grafaiai is basically a blank slate!

The illustration contests always seem cool to me. Not to mention a great marketing strategy for them. And then unique cards! It’s a win all around. But also…nothing like seeing a 5th graders artwork to make me feel completely useless in the art world :melting_face:

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing some awesome creations, Does anyone know when the last illustration cards were printed and sent to winners? I’m not sure I’ve seen any?

The cards just went live on Pokemon Center Japan this evening! You can get a set with a purchase of 2,000 yen! :blush:

3 Likes

wow, the packs are only going for like 7 bucks on mercari.