Copying Pictures - Am I blind?

The cards that were supposed to be shpped to edmerlr were stolen at the house of his wholeseller’s family memeber the day before shipment. It sounds way too odd to not have been done by someone close to have known. This is the same wholeseller who has had 2 cases of Skyridge and aquapolis over the last 12 months. 6-8 1st ed complete base sets.

Nothing as crazy as taht was stolen. But the were a lot of valuable WOTC holo singles and some ex high dollar cards.

^

Before: www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-JAPANESE-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-CHARIZARD-MIRACLE-CRYSTAL-1ST-EDITION-GRADED-/121584733056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4f03cb80

After: www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-CHARIZARD-MIRACLE-CRYSTAL-1ST-EDITION-JAPANESE-GRADED-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/151679214807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_71&hash=item2350c924d7

Because people like that I use minimal effort when creating sales speech in ebay listings. :grin:

I do not even have my photos up for 6 hours and people are already taking Ancient Origins. This guy has nearly a dozen: www.ebay.com/sch/oneatatime/m.html?item=252039883795&hash=item3aaebf6c13&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Do you have a watermark you can use or something?

A lot of them have the watermark

Didn’t flip through them. Gave too much credit to the daft one. Haha

1 Like

The guy is already changing some of them, it takes ebay a little while to catch up unless you click on the listing. I know this may sound stupid, but anytime I just message them and hope for the best, nothing happens. If I make a post here, it usually gets taken care of very quickly.

I start reporting them when I see them here. Haha

I use ebay’s watermarks as is is about the only ones within the rules. I was told that if you use watermarks in the center(rather than in the bottom corner) the listing is in violation. With so many singles listings, I’d rather not chance that. I nearly lost my store when ebay starting pulling the multi-variation listings.

like @milhouse my father also works at ebay.

I get so tired of eBay being shitty to its high volume sellers.

Reported multiple times by me…

What got me on the multi-variation listing issue, was that I was instructed how to do it best by ebay representatives(as in multiple). A year later, ebay starts handing out violations and I am told to pull everything in my store down. 10,000+ variations had to come down in 1 hour. When I call them asking what the problem is, they explain that I have the wrong category. Pokemon cannot go under Toy & Hobbies, even though they do not have a specific multi-variation listing designed for Pokemon. They also tell me that they will be sure to send an email to the representative I had talked to before. Hundred of hours and thousands in fees, just gone.

In the end it worked out for the best as individual sale of cards has very much increased volume.

But that’s just completely unfair. The moment you could prove you’ve been instructed by an employee to do as much, instant reimbursement is owed on the fees spent listing your cards. And 60 minutes to take them all down? That’s appalling.

1 Like

www.ebay.com/usr/joetor_xaffu?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

All of this seller’s pictures are screenshots of PrimetimePokemon’s videos. Srsly.

Lol

Called ebay to get some photos removed 2 days ago. I was told he would get it reported and sent up higher. This morning I called in asking why they were not removed. I was transferred to the removal team. They explained to me that ebay is no longer removing listings that has copied photos. All they do is “report” them and encourage us to work it out. He said is 100% against policy but the listings will not be removed. If we cannot work anything out then any copyright actions would not be taken by them but the person who has rights to the photo. This would have to be done completely separate from ebay. They said if there are enough complaints they may take additional actions against the seller.

There is my $40k a year in fees hard at work.

Here are the 3 listings using my photos:

www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=toysvaultstore&hash=item3d053a84eb&item=262080726251&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpowers+beyond.TRS1&_nkw=powers+beyond&_sacat=0

2 Likes

How should we report it?

1 Like

Man, that’s lame. How can they contradict themselves? Might as well have no rules if they won’t do anything…

1 Like

This is soooo upsetting. It’s an absolute joke.

Pierre Omidyar lives in my community, basically down the street (Anthem Hills, Henderson). I feel like getting some friends together with signs and picketing in from of his gate.

3 Likes