Copying Pictures - Am I blind?

Ebay finally removed them haha - they used to remove these right when you called it in. Now they have to transfer you to make the report, and another review team works on it for 24-48 hours.

3 Likes

Got another all star seller using my photos.

First response was
ā€œRusty,
We dont use your photos.ā€

Second Response was
ā€œRusty,
The pictures are pictures taken by our teamā€¦ Hence why we donā€™t take kindly on these insinuations.ā€

I was not sure if it was okay to post my active listings, but you can find them in my store linked below.

These two items links are the sellers listings:

www.ebay.com/itm/Diancie-EX-XY43-Black-Star-Promo-Ultra-Rare-Holo-Foil-Card-POKEMON-XY-/271768498612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f46aa31b4
www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-XY-M-Mega-Diancie-EX-JUMBO-OVERSIZED-Black-Star-Promo-Foil-Card-New-XY44-/271768487327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f46aa059f

Lol, theseā€™re clearly the same photosā€¦

I really donā€™t understand why do people act so dumb?
I mean 1st - theyā€™re using your photos and 2nd - theyā€™re saying that the didnā€™t use your photos, what the heck? I donā€™t get it, totally.
The backgrounds and even the light reflections on the cards are 100000% the same.

1 Like

What do you expect from someone named PowerDingDong.

OOPS!

I meant PowerPingPong

3 Likes

Haha. Well another came up with a different seller: www.ebay.com/itm/65-XY-Primal-Clash-ELITE-TRAINER-Sleeves-BLUE-Kyogre-Pokemon-Card-Deck-Protector-/221721397925?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

His response to my asking him to remove the listing was "I see no water mark, how do you know itā€™s yours? Please donā€™t waste my time on childish things. Have a nice day. "

Strangely enough this photo has my watermark on it. In the past, it has been so easy to talk to people and have them pull my photos. Now I just get a bad attitude and resistance, as if taking a photo is unheard of.

1 Like

the guy thought he would act arrogant because there was no water mark, turns out there is lmao

people sure dont mind making an idiot of themselves these days do they

1 Like

Despite these people answers, which I really donā€™t understand and I donā€™t get it why theyā€™re so mean, why itā€™s so hard for them to take their own photos? You have the huuuge Ebay store with about 5000 listings and youā€™ve got your own photos for every one of them and this guy has two listings and canā€™t even take pics of two thingsā€¦

3 Likes

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-BW101-NEW-Sealed-Genesect-Movie-Promo-/301586233891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4637f0ba23

11,000 positive feedback: Still just cropped the edges off of my photo and used it. lol

Sometimes I wonder what is more work: editing someone elseā€™s photo to remove watermarks, identifiers, etc., or just taking one yourself.

3 Likes

I suppose it boils down to whether or not you are listing with a smart phone.

^ This might be a reason in some cases, but I donā€™t believe that someone whoā€™s got 50 copies of promo EX Diancie for sale doesnā€™t have it before stocking. I think thatā€™s just lazines and I could understand that (phewā€¦), I just donā€™t understand why are these people acting so weird when someone politely ask them to remove their photo, lol.

Most peoples response when they are accused of something they are guilty of doing is to become defensive. Whether they knew what they were doing was wrong or not. If they find out someone else thinks they have done something wrong, the walls go up.

TL;DR: People are immature no matter how old they are.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe someone went out of their way to take my iPod photo, crop it, and repost the same one.
The amount of time it would take to bother with all of that cannot possibly be more than the time it takes to just snap a phone pic of the card. Hahaha

BW101 Genesect (Sealed) Photos, for anyone that cares to investigate.
I just had to audibly chuckle at this one. Iā€™m not really concerned as I sell extremely casually anyway. I honestly am not a fan of the time it takes. I avoid purchasing extras unless I get a solid deal or something. So it isnā€™t a big deal, but I thought about this topic immediately. Sometimes people go to illogical lengths just to not get up and take a picture. Which is hilarious.

If he had asked if he could use it, I probably would have even said yes, since it is a sealed item.

Some people donā€™t have the items with them that theyā€™re selling. They may have it at home but are in the doctors office waiting room and want to list something. Iā€™ve actually done this with rather generic items lol.
Is it right? No!

Iā€™ll never forget when I asked edmerlr if I could use one of his images. I had bought him out of something and had an extra copy after splitting them between friends.
He responded, basically, ā€œWow, Iā€™m so impressed someone actually asked if they could use my image. Yeah, feel free. Thank you.ā€

3 Likes

That is why I am glad I learned about selling on ebay from him. I help him open packs from the new cases and I help hIā€™m grade old cards for his ebay store. by grade I mean double check his labels so that the cards are accurate. Sadly his latest shipment of wotc cards got stolen before they were sent to him.

Is theft a big risk with PSA? Iā€™ve not really done much grading before, but I was thinking about getting some more of my collection graded. It was going to be a decent proportion of my cards, though and Iā€™d lose quite a lot if they were stolen.

No. It is not a big risk.

They werenā€™t graded cards that got stolen.

Do you mean stolen like while at PSA or what?