When people list multiple copies but post a single pic

So annoying! You basically have no clue what you are going to get if you buy, even for expensive cards. And then if you do reach out, you get some reply like that’s the only pic I have. Such a gigantic waste of time! Much more professional - create separate listing for each card with exact pics. But oh wait, that takes more work!

6 Likes

if you don’t like it you could always buy from another seller. especially with graded cards, if a seller has multiple then I totally understand not taking pictures of each one.

and for cheap cards under 10$ I don’t think it is worth the time to go through and take pictures of individual copies

I do hope you find the cards you are looking for though

8 Likes

“Buy the card, not the label” - hard to do when we only have an example picture or can only see the front. I understand doing this when you have a ton of copies of one cheaper card, but I’ve seen this done multiple times with 4-figure graded cards.

I know life and work can get busy, especially for sellers with high rep + high volume, but I’ve skipped out on a number of higher dollar graded cards that I otherwise would have bought because of a lack of pictures or good quality pictures. There are plenty of people who buy the grade, so pickier buyers that want to see the actual card or the back of the card can just go elsewhere.

1 Like

Sellers are so fucking lazy and shitty they won’t take pictures of the actual items they’re selling because it’s “only 50 bucks” (a big portion of monthly discretionary after taxes in the real world), and then they cry like babies going “meanie! muh empathy!” when buyers return the item just like you would return a frozen pizza when you pull it out of the carton and discover mold on it.

Frankly, the lows sellers stoop to, like demonstrated by the many sad, locked, blood vessel-popping “buyer vs seller”-threads on this forum where sellers argue the woes of being forced to treat buyers as human beings, never ceases to amaze me.

Sellers should count themselves lucky that most serious buyers are sufficed with one clean picture of the front and one clean picture of the back, and not the top, sides and bottom that are also very much part of whatever card or slab is being offered.

1 Like

As someone personally that takes 1-2 pictures when selling multiple. I do pride myself on good customer service, which to me sounds like the bigger issue, sometimes the requests aren’t worth the time.

Business is Business at the end of the day. So eh, understandable from both sides.

3 Likes

I’m in this situation! The seller has sold one copy but which card does the current photos relate to?? Asking them just got me silence lol

1 Like

Having done this as a seller, I would never do this for any listing that is over $20 unless it was sealed product. On raw cards I always found that if someone asks for more pictures on a cheap card ($20 and below), they are so much more likely to nit pick everything single speck on a card that it just isn’t worth the time to deal with those kinds of people. This is just my two cents.

3 Likes

Are you someone that complains to a seller for not taking pics of a $5 card for you?

I’m usually not going to waste my time taking detailed pics of cards under $50. I clearly state the condition of my cards and I am usually pretty harsh with my conditions.

I think its fine for graded cards.

Wow, maybe you should step away from eBay…

3 Likes

The reality is that power is typically held by the seller in this market. For every buyer that has an issue with a listing, there’s another buyer who will pay and not care.

If you don’t like the listing practices of a seller then don’t buy from them. But realize that someone else probably will. Sellers dont have to list in a way that satisfies every potential buyer

6 Likes

I dont see a problem personally and do this on my own eBay.

If I have several of the same card in similar condition, I will often photograph what I deem to be the worst condition and list it appropriately as well as put in the description something along the lines of “the condition will be comparable to the one photographed” and put a description of what I deem to be NM, Ex etc. I also tend to list condition as below what it actually is to save hassle.

If you dont like it, just buy elsewhere. It’s fairly common. Japanese card sites do it. The benefit being that they have a fairly comprehensive inventory, I can buy a heap of cards at once in a generally recognised/agreed condition. If I was worried and wanted to make sure it was as listed, I’d go elsewhere (Mercari, YHJP etc).

1 Like

I just operate under the assumption that if the seller isn’t showing me the card there is probably a reason and usually don’t buy it.

3 Likes

Nice rantling

My post related to cards that are $50 or more, and for that, yes I do expect at least a front and back pic in the listing to help me make a buying decision. Certainly I do not expect that for much cheaper cards. And yes, I apply the same standards for my own listings when selling.

No big deal really because I end up buying from someone who did bother to post the pics. It’s the seller’s loss more than anything else.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with most that if you’ve got multiples of cheaper cards, it’s better not to waste your time taking pictures of every single one, especially raw cards. If a buyer wants a perfect copy, I’m sure they can find it elsewhere.

When it comes to high-value/graded cards though, I’m not so sure. I remember seeing a big collector/seller complaining about the condition of a PSA 10 they just bought - they clearly couldn’t get a good look and wasn’t aware of the actual condition of the card before buying. This person does the thing where they just have one picture of the front of their graded card listings (no back pictures). This was the same for cards worth thousands too. They have plenty of feedback and have high rep, so I know they’re doing just fine. I just thought it was funny - “Screw picky buyers unless that picky buyer is me!”

1 Like

Always buy the grade, not the card.

A lot of people excusing shitty sellers. Better pics = less disputes. I’ve skipped on thousands of potential buys because of lazy listings which don’t show the actual raw card being sold. I’d rather pay another seller more to know exactly what I’m dealing with.

2 Likes

And that has been said, if you don’t like someone’s listing practice, don’t buy. There is no such thing as being a “shitty seller” because they don’t list a picture of each of a $20 card. Send a message and ask, if they don’t respond, go ahead and skip it.

And the last thing, there are not enough pictures or videos in the world that would solve disputes, you cannot access a card unless its in your hands perfectly.

I could call buyers “shitty” who return their raw NM cards because to a lot of people, near mint means PSA 10 for some reason.

I don’t understand why people think their opinions matter as much as they think they do. No one cares, just skip the seller if you can’t see pictures.

Why are you so triggered? I literally said I skip sellers who are shitty. My opinion on how and where I spend my money matters more than anything you have to say, period.

1 Like