Complete PSA 10 Legendary Collection Reverse Set

How much do you guys think this would fetch? I’m considering sending this to PWCC but I’m afraid it might go for cheap. I been offered different prices privately but maybe people here can give me there honest opinion. Thank you in advance!

Why would you spend all the time/money/effort to complete a set this challenging just to auction it? I would look closely at the complete shadowless set to help determine auction prices at this level. I would never send this set to auction as a whole.

11 Likes

I understand that. I’m only asking because I have completed one set and almost done with a second set. I’m looking to liquidate one set (master set)to convert to sealed products. Unless you think it would appreciate more in value if I just held it. The second set was an acicident mainly because I kept opening boxes and pulling the cards I didn’t need. But thanks for your feedback!

Well, there’s a few things you can look at. Common sense says building this set to auction it is a bad idea. Behavioral Finance says converting this to sealed product is a great idea. You are beyond deciding whether or not to build the set. You have the set and need to decide what to do with it. Sealed product is the correct assumption on the better asset to hold. My best guess would be the eventual selling of individual cards will give you the most value (Ex: Gengar 1500 - take that now). Although, since a complete set has never been for sale, listing this for 6 months is a must simply to see what the demand is.

Pick a price above what you think it’s worth and would reasonably sell for and see what offers come in. Do not auction this and expect to come out ahead.

2 Likes

I think it’d be extremely risky to auction as a set, your buyer pool gets more and more limited as the price of something goes up so you would have to hope a couple of people with deep pockets really want a full set and bid against each other. I feel you would be better off listing it high with offers turned on and fielding offers from people.

As for the cost of the set, if you go to my site (pokemonprice.com/CardsForSet/e5f784c3-7915-4a87-bea8-e311fdc6cd30/2002-pokemon-legendary-collection) and filter by reverse holos you can see the total price of all PSA 10 reverses based off last sold price is about 16k (bar 4 cards missing a sale price). In an auction your set could get a premium and earn more than that because it’s a complete set, or it could go for less than that because nobody at the time of auction really desires it or has the funds available and you could get considerably less.

5 Likes

Btw Zack iirc this is the buyer of that gengar from pwcc :blush:

2 Likes

How to make a for sale thread on efour. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How many boxes have you opened? I’m very curious.

If multiple people have offered you prices privately - then there already is ready demand to bid it up to a certain price.

I would say don’t do it if you don’t have any private offers yet, but if you’ve had a few I suspect the auction will go fine - since those guys will bid + a few other surprises probably in the open market

I’ve opened probably over 20 boxes lol.

Yes, I’ll probably just put it up on eBay at a really high price and go from there. I wonder if GemMintPokemon ever sold his set before.

Damn, I am jealous and a hater lol, I just want to complete the raw set, taking me forever :wink:.

1 Like

Auction will get you a ton of eyes and views in a short time. More than buy it now will. But it is difficult to find someone willing to randomly splurge big amounts within 7-10 day auctions. Then expect payment fast.

You might get lucky and get the price you want. But it’s crazy how much you broken to complete it.

If you want to auction, it’s better if you had a larger following or awareness or history to do so. Buy it now and allow a payment plan will be the safest option.

You probably want your large investment going to someone trustworthy as well, rather than random at auction.

1 Like

I decided to reopen this thread because I had held off selling one complete set and from observation I have noticed a lot of PSA 10 Reverse Foil going for ridiculously cheap pricing. Packs cost about $200 but some reverses are going for less than $100 to even as low as $30 as I saw last night during PWCC’s auctions. Basically, I just want some more advice if I should just put it up on eBay as a BIN or just auction it myself for 10 days. Or go through PWCC at all. I have finished my second set if anybody wanted to know why Im getting rid of this one.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll see much of a difference selling on pwcc versus selling yourself as long as you don’t have like 3 feedback. With PWCC you don’t have to do as much work but you will also have to pay them a percentage.

Auctions are inherently risky but it’s a high-risk high-reward situation. You need two people who really want the item to compete. BIN you get to control the price. But the item could sit there for months or years before selling.

So if you care about maximizing profit over how quickly you get the money do BIN. Otherwise just auction it and expect to get a less than ideal amount

1 Like

Damn 20 boxes that’s crazy, over how long a period? @thecharizardmaster,

Just throw it up for $20k and put best offers on it. (I mainly just want to see pictures, but the advice is serious too!)

1 Like

Do NOT auction it. Guaranteed to sell for less. Just for shits and giggles why not offer it for trade on efour here? Perhaps someone wants to trade sealed product for it. The set is extremely rare. @thecharizardmaster,

Yes, I am sure you would get a good trade here on eFour with easy to sell items with a more established value (PSA 9 1st Ed. base charizard, sealed product etc)

Here is my hot take. You clearly seem to be a patient person, what harm would it to come up with a price (someone said 16k then add a premium due to having them all in one lot) and let it sit. If some rich person comes across it and buys it you have no risk at all as you got what you wanted. In the mean time you have time to explore other options such as trades, individual selling, etc.

Haha u reopened it James? All I can say is, DO NOT USE PWCC. Everyone goes on their usually getting a bargain unless its a really big card or w/e. I just used them out of laziness which I paid the price. The set is so price crazy and all over the place dude… I still think you should do the BIN.
-Blake
Side note: This guy is very trustworthy and very dependable if you are looking at the set :wink: Oh btw, thanks for helping me complete my raw set! Though I bought extras or duplicates on accident lol

1 Like