Charizard Legendary Collection Auctions

Can we take a minute to observe the following two auctions that just ended with PWCC;

www.ebay.com.au/itm/2002-Pokemon-Legendary-Collection-Revised-Foil-Charizard-3-PSA-9-MINT-PWCC/401426866225?hash=item5d76e7e031:g:YoAAAOSwyXNZ6ROT

$736 USD for the PSA 9 copy of this card, a new record.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/2002-Pokemon-Legendary-Collection-Revised-Foil-Charizard-3-PSA-10-GEM-MT-PWCC/401426866362?hash=item5d76e7e0ba:g:LhsAAOSwl9RZ6ROa

The PSA 10 selling for $2,026. aproximately a 2.5x multiple between the 9 and 10, very small. Interestingly the 10 sold for about 200 less than its last auction.

Now on another note, this just went for petty low considering recent sold prices, it’s rarity and that this was done through PWCC;

www.ebay.com.au/itm/2002-Pokemon-Legendary-Collection-Holo-Charizard-3-PSA-9-MINT-PWCC/142544610690?hash=item2130522582:g:EioAAOSwVtZZ6ROR

Discuss.

In my mind, the only thing that makes legendary collection interesting is the fireworks reverse holos.

So from my perspective, this is not unusual. I’d imagine the pull rate is lower for the reverse too. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

no, you are correct. specific reverse holo card odds are like 1:120 packs (cbf checking how many cards in set but about that) and specific holo pull rate approximately 1:60 (assuming 20 holos and 1:3 chance of pulling it).

My post wasn’t to compare the holo vs reverse holo but more so to show crazy spike in psa 9 reverse holo value (were selling for 350 a month ago) and now spiking to insane amount, whereas the 10 has dropped in price compared to a month ago…

Ah, I was slightly off on the point of the thread. Yeah I don’t know if I have a good answer. Maybe because it’s so hard to complete a psa 10 version of the set, people are okay with a 9-10 set. If you’re satisfied with either a 9 or 10, it makes sense to go with the PSA 9 charizard since you’ll be saving a lot of money. This raises the demand for 9.

I don’t know how many legendary collection set collectors are out there though, so this is mere speculation

It is unknown to what the regular holo 10s have sold for, I know most of the sales but some I’m not sure on lately. But the 9s are definitely selling for much less. I don’t think they appeal to as many collectors like the base 2 charizard. It is pretty much the same as the base unlimited. The reverse has some sex appeal going for it as its the first reverse foil charizard, and the only reverse charizard of its kind.

@ccrntrade Can you respond to your ebay messages or email please :stuck_out_tongue: