Collection Tracking Apps

Hi all, wondering what collection tracking apps you might be using on your phone?

I have collectr but am not entirely happy about it. It’s missing a lot of japanese promos that i have as well as various sealed product.

Is there an app out there that lets you manually add your products, if you wish to do so? Even better if you can override values to your own input as opposed to a data feed (although the option to data feed would also be good).

1 Like

Tcgplayer has an app that lets you have a collection database thats fairly user friendly and has sealed. (Not sure how much). I use a combination of the ebay app collection tab, tcgp, and collectr. Pricecharting has a collection feature as well. Hope that helps a little. Ive kind of learned that no app is 100% so if you dont mind a little extra work the combination i use is pretty solid

1 Like

The Dex app is great. Good UI and lots of custom folders and filtering options. That’s what I use to keep track of my species, artist, and set collections.

Shouting out TCG Collector here too Dashboard (International TCG) – TCG Collector

Edit: they don’t really do sealed. Japanese has holes too like collectr but they move a bit faster than collectr does to add stuff imo

2 Likes

Ive started using pkmn.gg. They’re new and currently focused on English but it seems like they’re actively adding new features every month. They do charge a premium fee to unlock extras like adding notes to cards, making multiple lists, and they just launched graded card tracking. You can add your personal values to these cards. While last I heard they weren’t working on Japanese cards it wouldn’t surprise me if eventually they go that route. Just something to maybe keep your eye on in the future.

Also if collectr is missing product there is an option to request that they add it. Ive had a few cards get added in the next day or two when ive done that as well

1 Like

I appreciate Collectr for what they are and do, and the guys are fun to talk with. They make an aesthetically pleasing product.

That being said, their missing product form backlog is MASSIVE and they do not move quickly to add anything unless it is readily available info-wise on TCGPlayer (where they source most of their info/pricing for English) or there are TONS of requests for it (like something newer). There are lots of requests (including some of mine) that have been sitting without resolution for close to a year or more at this point.

If you’re looking for a tracking option for niche non-English things or variant-heavy info, then Collectr is probably not going to cut it. It pains me to say that because I was really hoping I might be able to use them to track my collection but it’s just not realistic with how many things I can’t track through their platform.

1 Like

Yeah thats why i use a combination of the 4 platforms. I just keep going back to collectr for most of my english stuff, the layout is super easy for me. None of my things are super hard to find but for those pricecharting usually has them or ebay. The collection feature has been pretty helpful