eBay's "Collection Beta" tool

What do you guys think? Will you/are you using this for Pokemon?

ebay.us/x75MCe

It’s complete trash. The cards I buy are not properly tracked. Ebay needs to get a system like tcgplayer or troll and toad where you list your card in a specific listing, with condition and photos.

3 Likes

I havent used it once myself, and primarily due to reasons @eeveeteam listed above here.

But also I just never felt a need to use things like this to track my collection. I typically just do it on my own, and if i need any data such as prices I can just look those things up or someone will come onto discord emotional about something swinging one way or another and i can find out that way. Ive yet to really see how I personally can benefit from someone else taking full data of what i own, but again its just my own opinion here.

5 Likes

This has been a feature for months, or have they changed it/rolled it out to more people? Regardless, one of the best predictors for investor failure is checking your portfolio/account balance every day, so I’m sure having an inaccurate tracker to constantly check telling you your collection is losing value is the absolute last thing a lot of people need. But anything that drives people to buy and sell more often is good for generating fees I guess

1 Like

This is one of those things I am glad people find useful, but I personally don’t need it, mainly because I’m more accurate than the tool. If it helps people enjoy collecting, or newer collectors understand the market, thats great. But I think most members already have a better price barometer.

4 Likes

Im from the UK and have only just noticed it so i wanted to hear everyones opinions on it, i dont think its available outside of the US yet.

I like the idea of orgaising my collection digitally so i was intrigued but it sounds like its not great :blush:

Interesting, I’m in the UK too and I’ve had it since last year. I do have a US shipping address set for PWCC but maybe they just rolled it out to a sample set of graded card buyers early to test

I think this tool will be a great resource for power sellers - the big boys selling multiple copies of the same card, bulk, etc - it will make re-listing a little faster and easier, and could help keep track of inventory. However, to echo what others in this thread have said, I think the people who this tool is directed at are already keeping their inventory and collection checklists in their own way.