Collecting all the Abra's

Hello e4!

I haven’t collected pokemon since I was a wee child many years ago. Earlier this year I started collecting again and managed to complete unlimited base set and started collecting 1st edition fossil. It err… kind hurt my hip pocket lol.

So I’ve switched gears and have decided to start collecting all unique Abra artwork cards. So I’m not going for shadowless 1st edition base set AND unlimited base set when unlimited base set will do. As it turns out, this is just as satisfying as completing a set! And way less expensive too! Who said collecting pokemon cards needs to be expensive?

Here is my current list of Abra cards with unique artwork.

Current collection:

Set Card details Do I have it? Image
Base Set Abra 43/102 Yes
Gym Challenge Sabrina’s Abra 93/132 Yes
Gym Challenge Sabrina’s Abra 94/132 Yes
Gym Heroes Sabrina’s Abra 91/132 Yes
Wizards of the Coast Promos Sabrina’s Abra 19/53 Yes
Team Rocket Abra 49/82 Yes
Expedition Abra 93/165 Yes
2002 E-Series McDonald’s Promo Abra 013/018 Yes
Expansion Sheet 1 Abra 063 Yes
Skyridge Abra 46/144 Yes
Mysterious Treasures Abra 69/123 Yes
Intro Pack Neo / Totodile Side Deck Abra 063 Yes
Legendary Collection Abra 67/110 Stretch goal*

*not unique artwork but I’ve been convinced the reverse holo makes it worth collecting.

The main motivation behind this was me finding out that a friend of mine’s favourite pokemon was Abra. I’m collecting 2 of each of these cards and will give him one complete set when they all arrive as a surprise gift :blush:

If you know of any other Abra pokemon cards with unique artwork not in the above table, please let me know! I googled as much as I could but it’s possible I could still be missing some.

18 Likes

Phew, struggled with the table formatting a bit there! Should be displaying OK now.

It surprised me when I checked recently how little love cute little Abra got, even fewer Kadabra’s!

Nice to see them all together, I hope your buddy likes them!

1 Like

I know right! I’ll always remember the struggle of catching my first Abra in Pokemon Blue :grin:

1 Like

Abra is a good choice for a collection like this because it’s a much shorter list than some others, so if you ever expanded to variants in other languages you wouldn’t be totally swamped. Plus Abra is cool.

I have a very fond memory from when I was a boy during the height of Pokémon fever. My father was in college at the time and took me to the public library so he could study. I got to roam around the (quite large) building by myself in the meantime, a rare opportunity for freedom at that age.

I came across two older boys playing Pokémon at a table. I never actually played the TCG, they were just treasures to me, so I really wanted to watch them play but didn’t want them to know because I was shy. I tried to watch them through a book shelf, which were just metal frames with no backing, so you could look over the books right through them.

One of the boys, who was not taking things seriously, kept trying to evolve his Rocket Abra in to Mewtwo. Every turn he would open with “evolving Abra in to Mewtwo.” This was enraging the other kid. The second kid, trying to stay quiet because they were in a library, kept sternly and angrily telling the first kid to “do it right” and “just play Mewtwo normally if you want to.” But the first kid was totally unfazed and just kept “evolving Abra in to Mewtwo” until the second kid gave up and allowed it.

To this day I have a private joke with myself that Abra evolves in to Mewtwo if you push hard enough. I love the Rocket Abra card because of this memory.

7 Likes

You can thank Uri Geller for that. In September I put together a list of the first 251 Pokémon cards ordered by how many days had passed since their last release: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-first-251-pokemon-ordered-by-last-japanese-tcg-release/29281/1 - Kadabra is at the top because of an ongoing lawsuit which very recently ended (www.polygon.com/2020/11/30/21726492/pokemon-nintendo-lawsuit-uri-geller-kadabra-apology). Abra is an unfortunate victim of this because there’s little need to print a low-power Pokémon who can no longer evolve.

I’m sure going forward we’ll start to see more Abra and Kadabra cards printed, but it depends on how reluctant Nintendo are to do so - it wouldn’t surprise me if the Japanese name gets changed due to the similarities: ユンゲラー (Yungera - Kadabra) vs. ユリゲラー (Yurigera - Uri Geller).

1 Like

I am the Abra king

1 Like

Great collection, I love the table format!

1 Like

Granted, I don’t remember how to play, but isn’t Mewtwo a basic pokemon …

It sure is. This is one of the humorous wrinkles to the memory and why the other kid was telling him to just “play it normally.” He could have played Mewtwo at any time without any set up, but insisted that his Rocket Abra evolve in to Mewtwo.

1 Like

Reverse holo legendary collection would be cool

**SUMMONING

T̴̢̪̥̝̬̹͕̥͚͍̺̘͌̉h̷̨̧̨̡̧̨̡̨͓̝͕͖̤̘̳͈̹͈̠̳̖͓͍̪̗̟̘̟̥̃͂͌ͅé̴̘̲̝̪̹̫͒̚ ̵̧͈̩̺̺̜̬͔̜̠̤̰̲͚̮̺̼͇̯̿̓̈́̈́̈́̆̀̀̅͊̋̅͊͑̈͋͘͘͠ę̷̡̡̢̨͇̹̼͎̩͓̣̳̘̦͙̹͍̦̻͖̰̞͉̫̫̠̗͗̅͐̐̔̔̈̊̑̅y̴̛̳̘̱̗̰̹͓̗͈̺͖̭͕̭͈̽̇̍̾̈́͊̋̈́̎̆̈́͂̉̈́͛̅̋̑̄̂͂͗̊͛̚͝͝ḛ̶̢̛̻̝̳̒͋̾͑̈́͌̓̑̔̚ͅl̷̨̨̢̨̤̞̻͎͚̻̳͇͇͚̝̠̯̤͇̩̲̐̐̿̈̔̀̈́̉͝ȩ̷̛͚͈̪̠̝͕̤̼̙̮̦͉̝̯͉͈́̋͑̃̆̉̂̊͂̓͑̑͌̇̓̏̀̀̎̎͛́̇̀̍͒͘̚͝ͅs̷̢̡͈͕̭̘̲̲͕͖͇͗́̐̐̊̈̾͌̈́ͅś̶͇̤̮̜̙̟̱̙̱͔̺̮̪̀̆̂̀͑́͜͠ ̸̨̡̛̛̛͕̰̝̝̩̗͔̯̟̯̝̘̩͖̰̼̮͇̟̰̳̱̗̫͌̓̽͛̉͆̃̋̿͂̇́̈̇͊̇̓̓̊̎̌̀̎͠͠͝ͅķ̷̧̡̟̘̯͚͙͔̥͔͈͙̮̘̤̦̠̳̬̭̹̭̻̪͉̰̙̘̙͊͂̈́̈́̂̉̔͑̿̈́̑̉̅̉̀̒̌̚͠ų̸̧̲͎̲̙͖̝͓̳̾̆̽̑͑̆̓͊͘͘͜ŗ̶̙̹̩̽͂͌͂̉̈͊͂̿̔̐̐͑͝͝ ̶̧̧̨̛͖̙̖͙̼̣͖͖̤̠̤͌̌̎̃̄̽̑̊̇̕͘͝b̷̛͚̰͚͊͛̔̐̈́̄̑͑̑̾͆̔͗͆̄̋̏̈́͒̒͋̈̿̿̌͝͠ē̶͕͈̤̐̆̏̾̈́͂̊̆̕͜͝a̷̧͖̼͚̪̪̥̯̬̱̪̣͉̟͖̮̺͐̆̈́̀ǘ̶̺̻̮̪̻̻͖̮̽͂͂̊̿͊̍͊̃͠t̵̡̮̣̠̼̤͇̪̠̖̯̣̭͓͗̇̇̑̉̍̈̊̽͆̊͒̊́̑̈́͘͜͝ͅͅͅi̴̢͍͉̪̼̞͖̫̭̱͖̗̰̹̼͈̠̙̹̳̗̓̀͘͜͝f̷̧̛̘̘̣͔̘̣͖̻͇͙͓͍͍̮̖͉̯̦̫͙͚͂̇̋̋̀̍̏͒̾̈̎̽͗̆͒̆̋̎̎̕͝͝ͅu̸̪̹̤̤͙̲̪͖̙̬̠͉͙͒̀̒̀͗̔͗̍͑́̓̔̑̒ͅl̶̨̛̮͖̦͓̗͓͔͚͓̝͚̪͋͛̎̊̆͑̈́̐̀̎͠ͅͅ ̴̨̧͈̱͉̯̯͈͓͉͈̼̼̼̬̬̣̠͉̰̭̝͋̓̐̉͛̍̏́̓̚̚ͅą̷̧̨̛̛͍̯̖̥̺͈͚̮̩̩̳̝̥͉͓̝̝̹̗̰̺̹̥̠̦̺̿̋̀̆̈́̌̃̈́̆̋̂͛̓͗̕͠͠ͅb̷̢̧̧̨̢̯̖̘̮̺̻͔̻͕͔̥̮̬̬̜̩̺̞̹͕̖̩͐͑̓̑̒̓͑͌͋̋͑̆̀̅̑͆̉͌͗̒̏̅̇̍͊̎̕̕̕͝ȏ̶̢̨̩̪̞͍͚̖̭̩̖̰̪̱͓̜̽͑̾̽̓̀̽̂̃̊̏̅̕̚͝m̴̡̧͉̱̼̭͇̦̹͓̩̣͕̮͉͍̭͍̲̝̱̈́́̅̌͆͌̿̿̔̈́̑͂̾͑̅͊͘͜ͅḯ̴̧̟̣͉̼̙͙̪̗̲̺͕̾͛̂́̐̆̄͂̋͂̑́̇͗͘̚̕̚ͅņ̴̭͍̺͖̗͚̘͉͗̆̔̔̋̂̅̈́̇͗͂̓̚̚̕̕̚̕̕͠͝à̶͕͙̤ͅͅẗ̶̹͙̠͉̣̟̬͙́̄̇͒̍͌̅̇͌̎̿̀͑͋̊͛̇͐̽̀̈̎̿̕̕͠i̵̛̻͍͕̟͕̞̗̰͚͇̳̗̘̱̩̅̈́͗̊̓̀͂͊̌̽͆͝ơ̷̘̪͈̹͍̻̭̝͒͊̔͒̉̉͝͠͠n̷̨̘͈̰͕̳͖͓̟̗͔̘̬͎̮̫͈͉̞͚̜̼͍̺̲͚̜̞̈̉̽̇̽̾̒̅͛̎͒̆̊͌͐̀̌̐̕͜ ̵̡̧̖̭̩͖̲̱̲̭̣̤͓̝͉̳͎̺̭̯̾̈͐̂́̑͑͂̕ͅţ̵̛̦̬̦̺̙͍̯̙̦͛̈̈́̆͐͆̑̀̓h̵̨̠̻̰̗̯̬̮͉̞̙̺̬̹̙̱͔̟̱̺̤͙̣̑̌̍̎̊̒̑̌͆͜͜͠ę̵̪̫̮̝̰̭̩̼̯̬͓̹̭̙͖̪̼̦͍̪͉̱̬̩͙̘͗̄͐̏̓͂̈̅̊̌́̊͊̈́̑̒̿͊̒̐̄͆͘ ̴̛̩̞̰͇̳̗̫̲̆͊́͐͂͆̔̎̓͐̽̒̀̚͘͜͝ǧ̸̬̟̀̅̀̍̎̿ṟ̴̢̛̥͉͔͔̜̦͖͎̦̟̻̘̜̗͇̥̳̯̘̪̱͇̱̳̮͒̽̂͛͂̊̉̿̈́͌̀̇̌̎̾̐̀̓̅̐̎͊́̔́̈̀̚ͅͅę̷̨̛̛͓̬̼͎̩͓̹͓̫̤̓̍̆̿̒̿̆̈́̒͊̈́͊́̽̃͘̚͝a̷̡̛̪̯͎̘͕͎͈̭̘̗̟̝̰͈̹̜͍͍͓̻̮̩͎̼̔̿́̾̈́̐͋͛̒̔̌̎̃̓̄̑͌̿̈̒̏̽̈́͘͘͘͠t̴̪͎̰͖͓̤̯͎̀̈́͛̃̋̾̌̅͗̐ ̸͍͙̹͎̙͚̼̎͂̍͒́̆̾̈͋̈́͐̋̎̌̒͑̑̈́̒͑̚͝͠ͅs̸͔̣͎̥̙̮̓̄̐̋͆̾̈͑͂̿͛̈́́͘̕͠ͅȩ̵̡͔̱͖̯̮̔̾́̔͂̎̈́͑̒́̈́̕̕͠͝ḛ̸͓̺̣͕̖̦͙̗͖̪̥̑̀̌̆̈̂̋̇̓̽̔͛̈́̀̎̀̋̋̓̕͘̚͝ͅr̶̢̨̨̡̯̜̫̞̳͇̱̤͉̖̖͖̻̂͘͝͝ ̷̡͖̬̥̹̞̬̟̺̹̘͇͇́͝ͅͅẗ̷̨̨̨͎͍͙̫͇̬̞̝̺͎̝̮̥́̌̍̓̃͛͐̏͛̆͋̂̅̃̑̊̏̈́͐́̀̂̃̈͂̾͘͠ơ̴̢͖͖̹̺͙̭̪̮̝͚̪͓͕̻͈̺̻̼̞̘̺͈̤̆̓̄̓̌̋͌̀̒̆̚͜s̴̢̡̛̯͖̱̣̭̞̯̤̬͎̰̹͙͊̊͌̋̈́̒̔̆͂̊̉̿͆̀̓̒̈́̑̕͘̚͜ͅi̶̢̫̣̘͙̫̰̘̅̉̂̌̋̆̓̇̈́̆̾̅͋̑̏ͅͅs̸̙͉̠͚͓̝̬͇̘̜͉̹̯̝̖̼͓̑̍̎̽̔͜͝͠ ̷̥̝͖̭̣̟̺̰̩̝̘͙̮̣̙̺̩͖̟͍̯̮̟̙̇͂͗̋͜ͅö̴̡̖̤̯͇͉̳͍̠͕̖̲͇́̉̄̋̍͛͌̅̾̐̋̄͋̈́͋͋̑͊̽́̋̂̚̕͘̕͝f̶͖͓͍̦̑̇̅̂͌̅͛̌̿̓̉̈́̓͋̿͋̑͂̚͜͠͝͝ ̵̛̛̜̺̼̹͓̹̩̝̯̳̇͋̂̓͐̇̂͑̔̉̐͂̓́̈́̐̂̒̃́͒̊̽̉̒̚͜ẗ̸̛̼͙͍͎̙̜̠̲͎̬̤̜̱̟̲̘̯͉͈͖́̉̓̿̑́̏̒̿͐̊͑́̒̅̽̆͒̈́̉̌́̏͑͘͝ḩ̵̘̞̣̱̱̩̘͈̮̓͂̏͐͐̿̀̈́̌̍̂͑̋͛́̕̕̚̚ȩ̶̡̨̯̲̟͕̞̩͎̱̝̪͕͔̬̥̝̒̒̀͒͆͆͑̒̎̕̚̕ ̷̢̧͔̩̹͈̙͉̥̹̪̠̗̠͛̊́̆̍̓͐́͛̈̀̕͘ͅd̶̡̛̛̮͚̞̥͑̾̓̈́̅̈́͛̇̆͋̀̐̒͆͆͂͊̏͋̇̋̚̚͠͝͠a̶̧̧͕͉̻͖̫͎̙̝̩̜̺̞̜͈̘̲̍̔̽͋̚͜͝r̴̛͖͇͙̫̤̝̝͕͐͑̆͑̄ķ̶̨̟̞̺͓̗̞͇̘̜̮̖̈́̃̋̾͐͂̑̽̒̍̉̈́͘͝ͅ ̶̢̧̛̛͙͇̝͓̝̱͙͖͈̥̤̳͗̈́̆̇͆̐̇̈̐͌́͑̔̈́͛̉̅̄̓̀͜͠t̵͚̰̮̙͈̘̎̐͑̐̒̀̈́͜͝͠͠h̷̡̡̟͙͉͇͖̭͚̖̘͈͖̖̽͗͒̐͊̊̀̀͛̒̚̚e̶̢̹͉̔̎ ̷̧̧̥̣͔̲͓̝͇͙̺̝̼͓̼̜̖̝̠̳͖̼͙͉̖̪͌͌̿̾͒̃̊̉̽̓͋̋͋̒̈́́̔͌͛̄͋͑̇͒̕͘͝͝ͅͅb̵̡̡̤̫̞̱͚̘̞̦̺̤͚̪̼͍̼̖̠͓̣̥̰͚̦̺̉̆̂̇̀͒̎̔̾̽̿̕͝l̶̡͖̮͚͕͒͌ì̶̮͇̭̣͈̠̭̗͝ͅn̸̙͔̙͙̫̩̙̟͍̘͕̥̹͐̐̾͒̀̀́̈́̓͗͌́͊́̀͒͘̕͜͜͝͝͠ḑ̵̡̡̡̨̛̣̜̤͍̥̦̜̦̰͖̬ ̸̢̬̤̞̜̹̥͇͕̠͇͈̻̼͍̤͈̺͂̑́̏̓̄̍̒̓̀̇́̎̿͐͋̐̌͆͆͂̔͘͠a̵͇̟̳̞̱͈̫̖͕̠̲̩̫̓́̌̅̀̒͂͗͝ͅc̸̢̨̧͔̳͈͙͎̯͖̞͖͖̯̤͇̼̳̣̼̱̜͙̰̈͜͝ô̶̢̡̧̳̯̠͇͖̗͕̱͓̻̰͖̝͇̝͖̻̩̻͚̞͙̣̞̘̳͜͝l̷̛̛̼̱̗̘̺̥̤̫̬̓͂̆̏̀̂̎̊́͂͑̂y̸̨̧̝̬̟̘͇͚̖͈̎̈͂̎̍͋̇̈́͂͋̏ͅt̵̢̡̨̞̺̪̺̪̼̱̜̦̰͎͇̱͈͖̺̺̪̝̙̪̤͋̂͒̓͊̅͆͂̉̓͜é̶̛͔̮͚̝͖̜͉̜͇̜̟̙͚̙͚̺͒̄͐͛͗̏͒̈́͑̉̿̈̽̄̈́̿̔͆̓́͜͝͝ͅͅ ̷̡͈͙̹̰̻̥̹̐̌̈̅́̏b̷̙̳̪͍̰͊͌̈́̿̂̽̊̈́̅̈͗͊̈̏̏̕͝l̵̨̠͕͕̦̙̟͐͗͑̔̇ą̶̜͎̳͖͛̈́̓̓̍̾̂̑̏̓͑̊͝ͅk̷̨̨̡̞͖̟͇̺̹͚͚̙͓̘͎͉̟̱͍̯̟̐̅̎̈́́̿̋̅͊͗̚ͅė̷̥͉͔̲͔̅̀̆͘͝ ̶̨̧̨̧̛̝̘̗̫͙͍̲̭̺̘̜̞̞͇͇̪̯̪̞͓͙̲̀̿͗͂̍̀́̅͐̚͘̕͝͝ͅb̴̻̩̯̅̇͊̎̅̀͂̒̂̀̕̕͠e̴͔̳͍̥̖̳͇͚̪̼̲͖͕̽̄̇͛̆̕͘̚̕͝ͅf̴̨̨̢̯̝̖̣̻̦̯̙͎͎̬̮̺͙̫̑̏̐̇̆̀͗̒͆̉̆̓̄́̇͐͊͑͊̌̔̕̚͜͝͝͝o̷̫͛̽r̸̢̦̺̬̟̞̒͑͒̂̿̀̀̊͂̏͂̂̆̍̉̒́̀́̆̎͘͝͝ȇ̴͇͍̣̗̺͓̰͓͆̀̂̈́̍̾̍̆̈́̃͐̊̇̎̄̋̀̽͗̍͛̇̇̌̓̚͘̚͠ ̴̧̡̛͉̱̼̻̲͚̥͓̜̮̫̣̘̠̳͖̦̏͗̔̄̒̀͗̀̈̉͌̃̍̂̐̿̅̓͆͌̓͜͝ţ̷͍͍̮̤̰̱͊̎̐̈́̉̐̎́̄͘͝h̶̨̧̡͕̮̻͎͍̜̹̥̰͚̩̖͉̙͚̩͊̌̔͆̊̀͂̐͗̏͐͑͋̄̏̇̕̚͜͝͝e̶̢̡̛͍̜̠͔̹̳̜̞̲̘̭͇͔͚̮̻̋̏̒͋̏̂͌̊͛͛̄͂̃̿̄͂̇̋̂̑͗͗̓̈̕͘͝ ̴̛̛̛͇̜̝̣̪̩̈́̌͒̍̂̽̿̽̑͊̅͌̓̐̌͐́̾̈́̅̂̿̏̔̑͘͘i̵̡̡̯͕̟̭̜̖̣̟̝̟̦̟̻͔͕̭̦͎̖͍͐͆͋̂̄͂̄̔̎̆̂̽̔̋̽̇͛̂̇̃͛̒̅̚͘͜͜͝͠n̷̤̬͉̣̥̞̟͎̥̂͑̓́͌͂͂̿̅͂̒͋̇̽͜͠ͅf̵͖͓̯̜̭̱̔̽̒͂́̕͝͝͝i̵̡̧̡̡̡͎̣̳̜̘̯̘̮̺̮̝̙͔̘̼̞̦͌̽̈̿̓̀̑̒͆̀̍͂̇͌̅͂̈́̊̂͐̂̂̕ͅͅn̶̡̨̦̮̱̻̘͍̫̩͚̘͇̭͚̙̱̤̘̦̭̲̮̍̈̍͊̾͆̈́̇͗̊̄̅́̓̄̾̃̚͝ḯ̶̯̻ ̶̯̫̬͔̬̦̑̊͑͆̆͑̂̽̏̈́̋̂͘̚͘͜ç̷̧̝̘̮̳͙͈͚̠̩͈̱̭̤̥̩̟̭͓͎̮̪̊̔̃̆̒͒̊̈́̂͗̉̿̔̈́͌̐͘̚̚ḩ̴̧̢̧̡̨͓̤͙̥̭̻̲̗̣͙͚̹͕͕͔̬̦̣͈͚̗͚͌̆̐̓̀̅͑̿͌͘͝͝ͅȁ̷̧̢̢̯̟̤͎̰͚̣̥͎̜̼͎͈̫̪͕̞̠͛̽̓̀̍͆̊͜͜ͅỏ̶̳̘̖̩͙͇̯͇̽̆̎̄͗̕͜͝s̵̥̟͉̺̞̖͕͉͉̺͚̙͇̺̟̞̳̥̙͙͖͔͎̗͖̪͂̔̓̈́͋͑̄̈͐́̓͆͛́̋̆̃̽̍̕ ̸̡̛͇́̀̈́̇̏̐͋͒͒̆̓͒͋̃̊͑͑̋̆̑̏̔͋́͘̚͝͠͝m̷̨̨̨̛̛̛̥̻͚̱̜̲̗̩͔͙̟̫͖̰̮͚̲̰̘͖͉̖͓̰̘̲̹̑̔͑̈́̊̅͆̋́̍̓͑̈́̈͝a̴͖̲̝͙̱̜̹̖̟͔͍͎̰̬̋̉͝ͅd̷̪̱̟͍͚̦̗̫̂̀̏̏̈̈̾͑ę̷͉̤̥̥̖͔͇̱̥̬͙̩̑̅͂͊̈́̓͋ͅ ̸̧̧̛̜̜͙͔̹͓̲̝̝̦͙̝̯̩͍͙̩͕͗̃̒̀̆̏̒̈́̔̋͂͗̃͘͘̚͝t̵̡̛̛̛̥̝̦̘̻̺̠̯̳̩̰̞͚̣͕̹̞̫͇̮̟̲̲̯̟̗̏͊̃̇̒͂͌͘h̷̨̧͕͙͍͇̠͖͓̐̃̍̅̉͗̎͝ͅe̸̛̠̣͍͍͓̜͔̺̦̔̓̊̏̏̀͐̐̚͘͠ͅm̷̡̢̛̪͖͎̙̻̘͖͖̯̰͇͉͓͈̫̩̜̫̙̜̈́̎̌͂̂͊͛̓̈͐̇̒͑̉̆̊̕̚ ̴̛̺͉̬̙̗̺͇̤̲͚͚͙͈̎̄̒̒͑̈́̅̓͐̉̐̈́̽͛̈́̍̓̈́͐̀͑͠͝͠a̸̛̜̎̎̉͑͐̕͝ç̶̢̺̳̯̘̪̭̖̣̒͊͐̋̿̈͒͝ͅo̶͇̒̓͂͐̉͊̓́̔̂̀̋̍̑̓͂͠l̸͕̆̏̂̒̏͋̎̾̑̃́̀́̈́̈́̉͠ŷ̴̛̻̤̯͉͕̟̜̞͖̯͊̈́̒͒͛̏͌͌͋̂͝ͅt̶̥͍͔̙̟̎͌͆̒̃̏̔̎̀̕ȩ̷̛̛̛̻̪̘͓̙͎̜̝̱͉̪̒̔̀̀́̅͒͑̌̀͗̈́̊̚̚ͅs̴̨̧̧̛̛͕͕͎͕̭̖̠̞̯͎͚̥̝̝̐̔̊̃̐̑́̉͆͊͋̊͊̄́̀͐̄̀̐͗͗͐̈́̕̕͝ͅ ̴̧̥̺̪̟̗̪̞͔̖̩̬̮͍̲̳̙̫͎́k̶̥̰̙̬͈̫̪̪͚̳̹̪̪̯̓͐̌̉͜͜ứ̶̡̡̨̛̰͇̩͍̦̬̰̞̤̪̗̖̮̦͈͈̒̑̿͂̂̒̀̃̑̋̓͋̄̕r̵͔̮͍̣͔̭̗̪̤͙̮̙͎̻̞͓̯̣̥̳̲͍̠̠͈̖̰̾̃̔̂̀͒̀̈́̀̀̔̌̂͂̀̇̕̚͜͝͠ţ̵̢̛̥̘̘͈̣̯̼̙͎̜̈́̃̊͝͠͠ọ̸̡̼͕̼̼̰͙̭̩͎̥̘͈͇͈͎̓̑̿̏̃̓̃̉̓͗͊̽͐̚͠ş̷͕͍̼͛͒͛̋̐̀̂͝į̶̢̩͔̹͙̺͎͇̣̗͇͔͉͖̺͕̾̈̓̍͋͒̈́͜͝s̶̢̢̡͖̙̲͙͙̩̲͓̝̱͔̖͉͈̪͕͔͇̜͊̽̒̿̓́̎͐͗̕͜ ̶̹̗̞̠͎͉͎́̒̑͗̐̓̇̊̀́̍̎̿̀̀͒̃̌͌̓̐͑̊̑̏̃̉͒̚̚h̸̨̛̛̭̫̩̣̝̟̩͙͈͇̮̫̒͆́̃́̇̈ͅȗ̶̱̟̜̈́̀̍̈́̇̿s̶̡̧̬̼̯͈̭̻̈́̈͗̈̾̎͋̽̓͐͌̂̔̿̍̿͆̇̽̌̒̆͊̅́͛̕̕̕h̵̡̝͕͉̜̣̙̭̹͙̹͉̗͈̿̀͑͛̾̄̀̈ ̵̧̢̧̼̬̮̖̠͓̹̤̲̝̼͉̘͈͛̓͜ņ̶̢̬̹̹̜̠̩̺̖͔̮̜̖̻̼́̔̾͐͆͆̇̓̀̓̍̏̏͒͠͝ǫ̷̢̱̱̟͍͓͚̣͖̫͚̜̩̮͎̀̿̽̑̓̕w̸̘̞̦̳̼̳̌͜ ̷̧̧̺̮̮͓̼̳̯̞̮̝̠̘͙͖͔͖̣̜͇̪̣̥̹̫͔̓̑́̅͒͆͊̓̆̕͜͜͝ͅb̴̡̢̞͈̝͎̜̲̼̫͇̪̤̝͖̞̫͓͕̠͎̣̖̝̓͆̿́̿̈́̏͑̉̈̿̓͑̽͋̍́͊̂͑̎̑͂̅̍̕l̴̡͙̟̖̰͓͚̻͈͎̳̜͈̯̪̫̻̔͋̀͘͜ȃ̵̞͈̖̟͔̠̤̟͈̙͉̭̻̪̈́̀ͅͅk̶̡̤̖͓͇͍͇̟̥͚͍̞͕̳̳͕̳̬͊̌͐̚ͅȩ̴̛͖̞̥͎̩̞͆͒̌̈́̌̽͑̏̒̓̈́͂͝͝ị̴͉̘͙̬̪̤̯̳̜̣̜̜͔̙̍͗͒̍̒̓͌̓̉̎̔́̍̾̀͐̄̔̄̂̊̕͝ǹ̷̡̛͔͖̮̯̫̠̅̓̔̈́͂̐̈͗̌͐͋̕f̵̡̛̩͚̖͎̦͉̮̣̙̄̈̒̀̌̊̓̂͑̈̑͛̎̈̀́́͘͠ͅͅi̷̯̘͔̯͓̹̖̗̪̰̝͙̘̺͒͊͛̇n̶͚̓͋̀͛̈́̋͌͋̈́̽̀̔͘ȋ̴̡̝̪̙̼̞̣͉̙̗̫̱͎̘͕͓͚̥͕̊͂̎͐̎͂̏̉͊̀̍̑͌̕͜͜͝ ̴̨̛̯̥̝̩͕̤͖̘͎̱̺͈̫̋̿͂̌̔͗̿̄̅̈͐́̈́̾͗̈́͛̎̓͑̈́̑̀͒̃̄̚͘̕f̵̢̨̧̹͔̮̝̘̠̱̭̦̝͇͚̟̱̞̭̪̌́̈́̆̌̈́̐̍̽̿͐̽̓̓̃̅̏̑̾͋͗̀̈͐̋̀̎͑͘͠o̵̼͈̦̩͎͔͓͔̗͇͓͈̣͑͒̌̓́͋̈̈́̓͛̅̒̈́̾̒̔̾̋͑͗̅͘̕͠ŕ̶̪̜̱͙̥̯͚̹̍͂̉̆̋̓͆̅͌̾͆̋̐̐̎͌̓̄͜͠ ̶̰̻̼̼̼̙̎̋͐́̇̔̉͌͐́̎̆͌̎̋̇̀͌̇̓́̒̆̆̊̏̅͘͜ͅh̵̢̢̧̢͙͙̻̫̤̳̳͚̳̺̹͉̺̝̟͆̃͑̀͋̈͂͝͠ͅe̶̡̨̛̖̪̤̦̝̦̬̱͎̥̖̬͖̳̺̘͈̯̮͈͍̜̺̮̟̦̍̒͂̍́̈́̃̂͋̍̎͑͋̅́̽̌̈̒̇̆͒̕̕͠ͅ ̶̧̢̡̛̘̜̣̦͍͍̰̯̹̘̪̳̥̘̼̣̜̦̬̬̜̠̇̀͜͝i̴̢̛̲̫̜͎̤̦̲̥͕̻̼̪̭̦̯̫̙̺̗̣͚̊͌̈̅̽̒͂̑́̃̈̇̂̓̋͛̎͋͋͐̈́͋̑̑̅̕̚͝͝s̴͙͚͉̦̭̞̠̣̒͊̊̏̃̚ ̴̨̱͔͕̱̠͕̜̠͇̰̣̙̠͎͎̺͈͍̅͐̿͆̐̈̾̂̈́̑̎̍̇̿́͛͌͗̂̓̿͐̈́̃̓̀͗̈͝͝ķ̶̣̳̰̘̟̬̻͚̜̤̟͉͖̫̠̂̔̓̍̚͜ṻ̴̡̧̻͚̮̞͉̘̗̗̰̫̣̣͍̥͈̖̤́̅̎r̴̖͕̈ͅt̸̫̟̠̼̳̭̦͇͈̩̼̦̰͇̲̤͚̯̦͎̞̠̫̣̔̐̀̇̃̕ȍ̸̥̝͍͇͎̫̹̖͒̅͗̍͌̎̇̒̇́͋̂͑̓̾̕s̷̨̡̩̱̟̩̬͇̼̠̦̼͓̯̬̽͌̓̂̾͛̋̃̿̽͗̅̊͌͆̂̏̚͘͝͝ĩ̴̛͎̹̭͖̦̉̒̓̄̉̅̌̇͝s̷̩̩̹̟̟͖͕̜̗̹̖̱͂̈́̈ͅb̷̢͇̣̦̪̫̘̍̅͐́͆̐͑̅͌̑͌͑̍̍͗̆̈̃̀̃̓̈́͌͝͝͝l̴̲̲̰̗̝̭̙͇̯̜͈͉̻̫͇͖̦͉̯̞̮̖̳͎̓́̔̎͛́̇͗͛̍̀̈̓̌̀͗̆̾͐̂͒̎̕͜͝a̷̢̨̡̨͓̣̪̘͇̻̗̩̦͖̙̖̠̖̤͙̼̾̀̅́̒́̆̑̍̐́̄̈́̂͘͜ͅķ̴̡̡̡̖̤͕̤̬͉̪̹̝̖͕͔̤̄̽̏̚͜e̵̢̢̛̘̳̬̭͕̲͎͖̒̑͊͐͊̐̑̑̽̋̓̚͝i̴̡̲̤̙̱̤͕̺͔̼͎̠͚͔̗̻̞͐̈̉̈́͐͛͊͒̽̋̆͂͐͌ͅn̷̨̫̪̲͕̱̳͙̫͂̊̌̈̿̃̀͂̉̾̏f̴̧̧̗̤̬̳̠̝̟̳͚͍͙͇͓̩̙̳̦͙̮̱̠̘̺̙̏̃̊̉͂̃͛̄͜i̴̧̢̜̟̲̻̼͍̝̩̪̖̥̰̰̞͙̠̼̥͖͎̤̎͛̈͛͝ǹ̴̨͉̯̲̩̗̮͎̜͎̽̅̈́̂́̂͐̌͛͛́̀̌͗̈́͊̄̏͆͒̅̇̀̉͌̏̚̕i̸̡̢̨̧̛͙̤̘̩̯̪̖̪̭̪̮͕͇̝̦͆͛̐̅̆̏̌̔́̐͆̀̍̊̈̈́́̓̐̓̓̕͝͝͝͝͝ ̸̨͔̭̋̓̇̐́̓̍̆͗͆͒͋̈́̋̾̚͝͝ͅs̴̢̢̢̛̛̪̬̣͔̫̮̰̪͚̰̗̯͈̰̥͓̼͎͚̮̜̱̻̹͔̱͛̐̏͂̉͊́̈́̉͌̒̑̈̇͆̎̊̇̌͛̈̔̓̓̓̅͝ͅũ̶͚͍̖̙̠̜͚͓͎͍̹̜͙͉̊̀͆͌̇̿͛̑̔̇̊̑̉̎̀͐͝͠ͅm̸̛̯̫̘̳͉̰̯̮̞̲̤̦̯̫͕̝͓̹͕̝͈̫̜͈̼̥̞̬̗̅̀̀͋̂̈́̽͑̔̀̑̓͊̈́͗́̍̀̽͒͜͝m̴̞͓̯̆̈͋̿̓̊͒͆̏̽̑̍̾̋͛̍͐͐̾̋̊͛̚̚͝͠͝ơ̸̮̇̃̀̉̌͌̈́̾̊́͒̓̓̈́͂͂͐̾̏́̈̐̂̎͛̕͠͝n̸͉̱̹̼̣̹̙̬̻̻͂̽̑̂̈̓͗͌̃͐̈́̔͐̎͘͠͝ͅę̴̜̬͖͍̻̙̝͚̬̣̳̝͒̀̃̋͆͑̓̑̋̈́̋̏̀̍̀̃͆̒̿̈́͋̑͗̚̕͠͝d̴̢̯̮̳̰̰͈̮̭̹͓͗͜͜
̶̢̡̡̮̰̟͎̙̞̭́͌͐̓̊͜
̴̨̭̰͖̼͚̭͖̼̞̤́̀͌̅̀̈́̃̍͗̓̄̍̈̈́̃͒̑̀͜h̵̛̬̞͍͉̲̙̩̠͍͙̮͇̘͇͈͍͍͊̃̄̍̓̈́̒̌̿̒̌̿̕ͅe̶̙̘͕͎̪͍̗̮̯̤̹̳͓̲̜̥͒̉̿ ̷̛̜̮̬̝̼͕̙̊̀̅́̐͝ą̶̢̦̺̺̰̩̭͓̳̬̠̮̮̤͎̋̀̀̎̏͂̇̏͠r̵̢̧̰͎͚̝̪̹̩̲͚̯̲͎̲̖̖̥̠͕̍̈̆̌̓̔̑̈́̏̿̒̀̃̓̑̅͐́͑̌̍͌͘͜͝ŗ̴̛̰̗̘̟͎̪͓̻͈̹̠̫̩͍̳̤̦̠͇͎͙̰͍̱͙͓̝̈́̾́̈́̊̏̄͐̍͑̋̿̓̂̐̈̅͊̏͑̾͠͝ͅi̶̡̧̛̮̰̙̺̲̺̮͎̪͔͚͇̠̇̏̓̊̽͛̅̄̌̄͒̅̈͂͛͋̂̆̀͒́́̑̕͝͠͝ͅv̵̨̦̬̀̑̈́̈́̀͒͛̈́͗̉̔e̴̡̨̨̡̛̝̖̼̮̖̗͉̤̰͎̱̼̝̼̽̃͑͛̽́̏́̿̾͝s̸̛̹̩̿͒̆̀͂͆́͊͒̀̚͘͝͝͝
̴͓̭̩͌̔̈̈́͂̊̓̏̊͗̆̋̑̈́͐͒̂̃́̌̃́͛͆͘͘̚͘͘ͅ
̴̢̲̫̰͔̥͈͙̬̲͎̝̤͊͐͜ͅh̷͓̭̖̘̑͒͑̓̎͐̄̓͑͒͒͘͝͝͠é̴̡̨͔͙̰͚̤̲͇̆͆͊̀̒̊̇̽̉͒̒̏̋̎̌ ̵͓̳̼̦̲͍̩̉̍̍̈̾̑͗͐͊͋͝a̴̛̬̾̿̌r̴̛͈̳̫̣̣͛̅̈̈́̈́̀͑̿̈́̿̈́̈̒̌̕͜͝ŗ̴̢̡̨͚͙̫̗͓͍͍͖͇͍̫̩̥̫͈̭̹͇̲̪̫̺̖̼͉̜̍̄͐͒̀̒̿͘̕î̶̛͔͕̝̰̞̳͎̙̝̒̂̆͛̄̆̾̇̀̊͌͠͠v̵̨̥̹̭͓̯̠͇͉͓̖̜̰̺̖̟͓̏́̀̈̂́̊̾͝ͅë̴͙̳̝̜̗́̒̍̃͌̔̅̿̇͂͐͌͒̊̑͌̈́̂͘̚̚̕̚̕s̵͙̟̠͎̤̆̀̽̓̌͂̉̀̽̎͑̆̈́̌̽̈́̾̈͝͝
̶̧̛̞̲̹̙̠͖̺̱̼̒̀̓͑͑̅̅̓͛̓̍̑́͊̅̓͗̈́͗̈́̍̃̽̀̕͠ͅ
̵̢̢̧̲̜̩̟͕̳̜͖͓͓̓̈́͆͆͆͗̑̈́̾̊̅͛͒͛͑́̂̄͌͌͋̔͝͝h̶̡̡̰̜̜̻̞̱͓̬͐͛͊̍̉̈́̈́͋̏͊͋̇̇́̾̓̎̈̂͜ͅͅḙ̸̝̳̟̲̞͙̼̺̜̱̬̻̦̙̮̫̖̖̟̥̗̖̤̉̃͊̎̾̋͋́̐̾̀̍͘͘͜͝ͅ ̶̡̡̨̛̳̩̬̩̮̹͓͕͈͚̼̝̣̘͖̭̭̏̊̈̒̽̏̆͒͌͐̏͒̈̃̇͂̃̽̽̊̊͂̊͑̇͘͜į̸̨̧̺͔̤͎͇͔̞͖͖̝̯͙̦̎̎̆͊̋̂̓͊͗̈́̐̏̂͂͋̉̅̎̀̌̂͊̚̚̕̚͠͝͝s̷̢̧͈̞͚̲͕̝̉̍͐̋̀͑͛̉͌̃͒̓̾̊̏̉̌͋̎̋̚͝ͅ ̴̻͙͕̥͛́́̈́̊̓͆̈̒̾͂̍͌̈́̂̌̾́̈́̈̀͘h̸̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛͖͓̬̹͇̼̲͇̮͖̮̮̬̫̟͛̀̀̐̊̒͐͛̓́̐̇̊̀̏̎͝ẹ̸̡̢̛͈̣̳̙̬͔̺̹̼̭̗̱̞̬̫̖͍̥̼̱̥͔̳̭̝̏̉̈́̈́̽͊̿͗͛̊̌̏̃͒͝r̷̢̫͔̩̰̟̳̜̍̋̍́͛̔̂͑̑̈̽̏̅̈̈́̌̌̾̈̚͠ȩ̵̢̯͓̞̖̺̦͙̟̻̬͉̲̜̖͖̗̈́̂͒͌̋̇̍͗̈́̐̽̚ͅͅ
̷̢̛̗̫̙̰͌̓̑͐͐̉͂̿̆̓̌̒̐̅̂͗̆́̋̂̓̾͘͝
̵͚͔͓͇͚̭̦̞͖̼͍͔̌̆̇̓̈́́̍͛̉̇̀͝@kurtosisblakeinfini

@kurtosisblakeinfini

9 Likes

I like this thread, it’s very wholesome :blush: seeing smaller threads like this helps keep the wild world of Pokemon in perspective

2 Likes

@kurtosisblakeinfini

I don’t know why your tag isn’t linked Azul, it reads fine…

1 Like

Oh? Tell me more…

Hmm yeah I could add that one I guess. As I was going for all unique artwork specifically it doesn’t fit the description of this collection (it has the same artwork as base set) but I guess the reverse holo does make it feel very unique…

*summoned

helooo you missed me, hi

Man, arguing about whether such a psychedelic masterpiece being the Legendary Collection reverses aren’t worthy when the latter base pressings are, gosh do I envy that cute naivety. That set is the Reverse to which all others are measured that none have equaled. It’s the only actual set rival worthy of being a unique favorite over a 1st edition model. Also collecting Abras for the first time let’s not get this wrong is also for me something I’m envious I can’t do for the first time again, though I still need that underrated Totodile deck.

For anyone interested in getting deeper into the greatest pokémon trio I made a tier list featuring as much as I knew card-wise if this helps? There’s also bear in mind the badass Banpresto postcards and Tekno Topps Chrome era.

Have fun collecting @philip!

but seriously @azulryu / @brendantheclayboy man am I so behind with everything graphics design and tech hence where my art is at (that I was gonna make a mini-rant about it) that I am flawed with concerning me.
Means a lot :blush:

8 Likes

I agreed to your post but then looked up prices on eBay for sold listings

;(

I’ll add it to the list, but only as a stretch goal :blush:

1 Like

Yeahhh I finally got Dark Vaporeon and oof I didn’t check how the reverses were going for a while.

Like I’m on with Yu-Gi-Oh now there’s something pure about that initial discovery chase that’s refreshing and genuinely exciting. See how it goes and let it take you to inspire expanded horizons.

4 Likes

Updated with 3 more Abra’s from Skyridge, Mysterious Treasures and Totodile Side Deck!

I’m done! Other than hunting for the Legendary Collection reverse I’m considering this complete. That was fun!

1 Like