Abra and Kadabra Solo Collection: All Variants/All Languages

Hi guys. Since I joined this group I’ve been looking at peoples solo card collections including Pikachu, Gyrados and Gengar. My original plan was to do just Alakazam but as I’m still buying expensive sets it seemed a little out of my price range atm. Then when I seen Aj’s pidgey collection I thought hey why not start with the much cheaper abra and karabra first. I’m starting with English then will move onto the other languages. I’ve been using Bulbapedia as my guide and have purchased my first lot of 15 abaras already. Anyone got more info on if there ever any Misprints/Error versions or secret rares that may exist of these cards? Will update with the list im using when i get home.

Here is a quick, basic run down on the card amounts. For a full list of all cards and variants check out Page 2 of this thread where I have every single card listed.

*2022 EDIT*
Well it’s been 7 years since I last updated this thread. After living abroad, buying a house, etc I’ve come back to the collection. With the help of multiple members on here I’ve managed to get every Abra print variation in every language aside from the unlimited japanese split earth card. Also made a lot of good gains on Kadabra too. I’ll update the last post with new pictures and one day when I get decent photos and work out how to make this first post nice i’ll put them all here. If you have any of my missings hit me up!

Abra Total: 79/80
English: 22/22
Japanese: 16/17 Missing Split Earth (E4) Unlimited
German: 10/10
Italian: 10/10
French: 8/8
Portuguese: 3/3
Spanish: 3/3
Polish: 2/2
Dutch: 2/2
Korean: 2/2
Chinese: 2/2

Kadabra Total: 44/60
English: 15/15
Japanese: 13/13
German: 0/8 Missing all German, doing a bulk buy for all of them soon
Italian: 8/8
French: 0/6 Missing all French, doing a bulk buy for all of them soon
Portuguese: 2/2
Spanish: 2/2
Dutch: 2/2
Korean: 0/2 Missing 1st Ed and Unlimited Base
Chinese: 2/2

1 Like

You should start with japanese. there are abra-line cards in the vending series which extend to the masaki promos. Plus the vending abra has the best artwork, just sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

In one of my few side collections, I have 5 Alakazam cards. I used to have more but have started selling my side collections in an effort to complete my Gyarados one. Message me if you’re interested in seeing what Alakazam’s I have to offer.

Am currently watching a vending series abra on ebay atm, as well as the Totodile Side deck and the Japanese Mcdonalds promo version. All should be purchased this week! Cheers mate, will keep that in my mind when i start going for the Alakazams

the neo intro is very nice, forgot about that beauty!

I’ll have to put up my list im working off when i get home because i dont think i have that Neo one on there :confused:

Edit: Didnt realise that was the Totodile Half Deck Version you were referring too, all good :blush:

I have all of those for you too! Let me know if you want me to search my collection for every abra kadabra and alakazam :wink:

1 Like

I could add German base set unlimited and first edition in mint condition. Let me know if you’re interested.

1 Like

Oh and also have the neo totodile deck one, forgot to put that with these

2 Likes

Message me for help with a list :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I recommend this guy, he does great work :wink:

2 Likes

Good luck with your collection @jamez ! Collecting single Pokemon cards is pretty fun imo.

Btw I love this Vending Kadabra artwork:

1 Like

I have the Polish DP Mysterious Treasures Abra for you.

2 Likes

I seen the good work you did on the pidgey list :wink: I’ll message you.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really cool to see other peoples collections of these. I’ll be sure to message you @angryarcanine and @abv150 when im chasing the harder to get other languages

The Masaki Promo is defiantly one im looking forward to getting too

let me know if you want them

I’ll message you :blush:

Good idea - its not always about collecting the most powerful and rare pokemon. Sometimes it can be just as fun and rewarding collecting an understated pokemon. Maybe I will give this a try for myself, i’ll have a think about what i can collect :grin:

Exactly right! And its good to sometimes take a break from trolling through ebay and other sales sights looking for that one annoying super expensive card/complete set and just collect alot of cheaper and slighly more common cards haha. Plus I enjoy flicking through a binder and looking at every different varient of a pokemon :blush:

I have these, PM me if interested.

Topps- nonTCG card Abra
Expedition- rare nonholo Alakazam (fresh pulled)

I should hopefully already have all the TOPPS sorted, but thanks anyway. And im currently not buying up any Alakazams just yet but i’ll definitely keep that in mind for when i start getting them.

But yeah still working on this, got a few people helping me out with it now. Its actually quite enjoyable searching through non English pokemon sites looking for that one card and chatting to members on here is awesome. Big thanks to @tonysandlin for making me a list of everything i need and being a middle man in searching the hard to get cards. Also @pokemoncenteritaly for helping with Italian cards and @abv150 for the polish cards , hope to dealing with other members soon too. Will probably get this moved to the collections part of the forum when the cards start getting delivered. But yeah heres the current Abra + Kadabra list, feel free to add to it if you can :blush:

Abra: 79/80 total

English – 22 cards
Base 1ED
Base Shadowless
Base UED
Base 4ED (copy write 1999-2000)
Base Set 2
Team Rocket 1ED
Team Rocket UED
Gym Heroes 1ED
Gym Heroes UED
Gym Challenge 93 1ED