Charizard VMAX English preselling for over $100

Been watching ebay last few days and been seeing preorders start off around 40-50. Now there are some english ones hitting $100+. Are people high on crack? Its just a regular ultra rare. Not a hyper, not even a full art. And its from a standard legal product thats mass produced and hasnt been releases yet.

2 Likes

Zard too strong

No thanks, I’ll just save for Amazing Rares :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Scumbagpratte Evolutions 2.0

Hopefully this doesn’t surprise anyone. Zard tax+ thousands of timmies+ people overpaying for modern = recipe for disaster.
Is Hidden Fates zard all over again except this time you can buy hundreds of booster boxes.

2 Likes

The regular vmax? It seems like what we consider bulk from every other modern set. I mean it looks cool but I don’t even collect modern cards that arnt Full arts, Rainbow Rares, or Gold cards. If there is no chase I don’t want it.

Yes its the regular vmax. Not sure if this purchases are fake or actually even going through, but the numbers dont make sense. Lots of the preorder pricing on darkness ablaze makes no sense. Crobat FA for 65, regular at 45, Scizor VMAX 20-30, regular Charizard V going for 20-50, just makes no sense.

And I dont believe that its the “charizard tax” on a regular ultra rare card. You can pull 2-3 of them out of a case most likely. I’ve never seen anything like this for a regular standard set. Ive done preorders myself for a while too and this is just unheard of for any non holiday set.

I agree with you that this is getting crazy. But to be fair, the “VMAX” has the full art texture to it.

That’s wild. I doubt those prices hold. If those are prices everyone will just open the boxes and fire sell the singles. It’s whatever tho. I’m not worried about it. I’ll end up collecting whatever Rainbow Rares and Gold Cards that are in this set a few months after release. But I’m not buying overpriced bulk regular V’s and VMAX

1 Like

I am just locking this thread to avoid making the Giant Market Thread unreadable by moving everything there. Please post your general “are people high on (insert drug) for buying (insert card)” market-related questions there.