Charizard Holo Pattern Error from Pokemon Evolutions

Hello friends,

A few days ago I came across these two “errors” on eBay and I wanted to hear everyone’s opinion on them.

The first one is a Charizard and the second is a Gyarados; they both belong to the new Pokemon Evolutions set. It appears as if the holo pattern was printed all around the card, including the text areas. Here are some pics and the link to the auction. It also appears that other people might have pulled these errors too since I was able to find other listings for them. Thanks and let me know what you think.

Link: www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Evolutions-Error-Charizard-Gyrados-Extras-/252644638425?hash=item3ad2cb3ed9:g:B-8AAOSwA3dYMdCd

Below are the pics :blush:

I’ve seen these pop up pretty often, mostly the Charizard.
Also, I believe they are multiple times linked here on the forum in either the 20th anniversary thread, the Great auction thread, or the eBay garbage thread.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I’ve been curious about these as well. I was wondering where the folks that have pulled them had pulled them from. Booster boxes, single packs, ETBs etc. They are kind of a novelty that many probably wouldn’t even notice but being they are Base set artwork they have a little more appeal to me.

1 Like

I know that’s why I was curious plus I am trying to have a complete CP6/ Evolutions complete set (including theme decks, staff and prerelease) and these caught my attention. I also wonder if they will become more valuable due to them having base set artwork.

When you search for “full holo error evolutions pokemon” on eBay quite a few different ones pop up for about 100-150 for all, except Charizard which is around 250-350.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen a bunch of them on ebay. I’m more curious if we can track down the origin of them as I haven’t had the luck of pulling one myself.

1 Like

It’s worth noting that this error type isn’t even exclusive to sets! The McDonald’s promos have the same effect on a solid 5% of them every time they get a set.

Very typical that these occur, but perhaps a fun side chase for the inspired.

@quuador thanks for the info buddy gonna check them out in a bit. @djgigabyte ohhh I was not aware of that, but thanks for the heads up, now I know they might be a bit overpriced, they would look so pretty in my evolutions binder though.

@djgigabyte Thanks. I noticed my upside-down back Holo POP5 Pikachu has the full holo as well recently, but I haven’t seen any error POP5 Pikachus without the full holo effect yet on pictures.

@justinator Do you perhaps have a POP5 Pikachu Upside-Down back without holo dots on the entire card, so only in the artwork as its suposed to be? If so, I guess I’ll have another card to look for (and so do you for the full holo Upside-Down one :wink: ).

The corrected one (which is actually harder to find…) is just holo in the artwork as it’s supposed to be.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I recently opened a box of evolution s packs and pulled the error charizard. It has a very noticeable bleed pattern. I live in central Florida so I dont know if location makes too much difference

2 Likes

I have several holo bleeds up for trade here
www.elitefourum.com/t/trade-list-wants-and-what-i-have/20761/1

Also pulled a bleed zard in both English and korean but those I’m keeping .

I’ve had about 500 zards from Evolutions in my possession and only one had it. So it’s not a common error by any means.

1 Like

They are not so easy to find and they are easy to miss these cards i believe do come from early booster boxes I am not sure how many sheets printed like this…or for how long but you can find full bleeds, partial bleeds and no bleed which seems strange in itself when you think about it. I examined cards pulled from 2 booster boxes purchased at release and found some with strong bleed some without. Love looking at these cards ! I noticed some Beckett graded "Holo Bleed Zapdos/Poliwrath/Mew errors are up on ebay now.

The range of holo bleeding seems to range but this is a more common error in Evolutions. Still highly sought after, however, especially since the holo pattern makes it look more appealing. I’m even drooling at that Gyarados despite already having one myself.

Holo bleeds are known in pretty much every set, including WOTC, though occurrences of holo bleeds in the latter are incredibly rare.

Yes alot of the evolutions holos have holo bleeds to varying degrees that one seems like a deep bleed. I have one charizard with that level of bleed

Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago (without adding new information) are against the rules!