Charizard damaged in psa case?

Hello. I just received this shadowless psa 7 Charizard in the mail today and it’s loose in its case and appears to have a decent bit of damage at the top (see two photos of the back). Can anyone provide their insight on whether you think it was damaged or if this is indeed a psa 7 zard and it happens to have continuous whiting at the top? I bought this on eBay from a long time seller. What would you do in this situation? Thank you very much for the help! 6/16 psa cards were loose that I bought together, but only the zard looks like photos below. Thank you very much for the help!

Cards being loose in their PSA cases really isn’t an issue, I believe @garyis2000 once put a couple loose cards in a paint can shaker and there was no damage to them at all. This looks like a standard PSA 7 to me.

8 Likes

Are they up now? I couldn’t see them until after two minutes. Sorry, new at this :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I fixed them for you! You need to insert the direct image link.

1 Like

Card being loose is normal, and this can be in the 7 range

3 Likes

@razzledazzle honestly, youre fine. Front looks great and your 7 grade is due to that whitening, so nothing to fret over here. Sometimes the cards can be loose in the case as well, but its typically never anything to worry much about as no one is really shaking things enough to do that kind of wear to it.

All and all, nice Charizard :blush:

1 Like

The whitening is consistent with a PSA 7

4 Likes

If I was looking at that card, raw, and there was minimal holo scratching, I’d call it a 7. You’re good.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I wanted to make sure as I just started collecting and still have a hard time judging what grades cards would get. The rest of the shadowless holos were above a 7 so I’ll have to make my way up to a 9 zard eventually, but I do love the Holo on this 7.

Thanks!
razz

That type of chipping at the top is normally caused by pulling the card in and out of a binder sheet pocket. Another reason to steer clear of binders.

2 Likes

Great purchase :blush:

1 Like