Charizard Alt Art Vmax Japanese (Any Ideas?)

It occurred to me the other day that Japan never released Charizard Vmax Alt Art in Vstar Universe and it hasn’t seen a Japanese printing of the card since. Anyone have any speculation where this card could appear? Since it is an older generation’s promo, it will be interesting on which promo or event it will be released in.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I’ve thought about this too. Maybe with Thailand releasing it as a trophy, Japan may do the same?

It’s such a good art to NOT doing anything with it

1 Like

Japanese is also missing Leafeon V, Glaceon V, Espeon V, Umbreon V, and Sylveon V that were released in Crown Zenith and promo tins. I figured they would be 2023 championship promos, but it seems to be getting late for that since we are in the 3rd set of SV coming up already.

1 Like

Don’t forget Dark Sylveon V and Lance’s Charizard V. I think they’re just last gen cards and won’t be released in Japan. The other regions did their own versions already.

1 Like

Don’t forget:

Lance’s Charizard VMAX alt art
Leon’s Charizard VMAX alt art
Eevee VMAX alt art (would be great if this card had all the Eeveelutions in the artwork).

1 Like

Thai and Hong Kong & Taiwan (Traditional Chinese) versions were announced last week as tournament winner promos. Both are SV-P. Worlds is in 3 months and D regulation cards have already been rotated out so I think either Japan releases it this year as a sealed game winner promo (for SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame), or it never will

My guess as well. It would be a bit odd if this one doesn’t see a Japanese release, but not too concerned…there’s no shortage of zard cards anyway, and there certainly don’t need to be any more.

Gold Star Greninja was also never released in Japanese.

2 Likes

This isn’t a Wishlist thread lol.

3 Likes

All the celebrations “reprints” never got a Japanese release : Zacian LV.X, Dragapult prime, Light Toxtricity, etc.

2 Likes

They never got a Thai/Indonesian/Traditional Chinese/Simplified Chinese version either, all of which are printed in Japan. Probably meant there was no intention to

1 Like

That is so very interesting. This hasn’t happened before with such a large amount of cards not getting a Japanese release.

Call of Legends :melting_face:

1 Like