CGC Trading Cards Launches in London!

As the title says, CGC is opening up for grading the UK, I think this is a step in the right direction for us in Europe. And will hopefully pressure PSA and other grading companies to do the same.

Link to the announcement: CGC Trading Cards Launches in London | CGC

11 Likes

looking forward to the randolph cgc disstrack ngl

8 Likes

You know itā€™s coming :rofl:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been following ACE grading progress. Would CGC opening in UK take a lot of marketshare from ACE?

The most common answer when people on FB groups ask ā€˜Which UK grading company to useā€™ isā€¦ none of them.

So for one of the ā€˜big 3ā€™ to be opening in the UK will probably cause quite a large hit to the UK companies bottom line Iā€™d imagine

4 Likes

lol

none of them, I have to agree.

1 Like

This is huge! Finally we have a good option in the UK. CGC is going to eat up a lot of market share here, no need to send your cards to the other side of the globe now. PSA have dropped the ball big time.

11 Likes

Good for the UK, but it really doesnā€™t matter for the mainland of EU.

3 Likes

I would imagine so. If people in the UK are selling on eBay to NA buyers I think there would be a much better chance of selling CGC slabs vs ACE.

Iā€™m the only one think it is strage to open in UK (ok, they allready have office) and not in EU, the marked would be much higher in EU I would think

3 Likes

I think that they already had a presence in London is probably the reason, but I agree an EU office would likely be more impactful

I bet EU will be next, thereā€™s no reason not to open a location in the EU as well.

Thatā€™s crazy talk :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough :joy:

Grading in the UK? Or sending them to the US to grade and send back?

Good job I held onto 400 cards I need grading.

1 Like

This is big for CGC! Theyā€™ve partnered with PWCC and will open a UK location in 2023. I love to see these types of big moves. :+1:

Canā€™t wait to see what PSA does (if anything). :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

All of it, literally

3 Likes

Probably increase upcharges and damage more cards during grading.

2 Likes

Finally, one of the ā€œbig threeā€ decides the world doesnā€™t end at the US border.

Iā€™m curious as to whether CGC are actually going to grade on-site in London, or ship the subs to the USā€¦ Their direct prices are higher than what CGC middlemen are charging, so not sure whether this is a slow rollout price increase, or something else?