CGC opens a forwarding office in Munich, Germany

Ah ok

100% correct

1 Like

For those who have already completed a submission to CGC Germany: When do you receive a bill and pay?

At the exact moment the grading was completed in America and the cards where shipped to Germany

2 Likes

I am not trying to pump CGCs tires but I had a very nice conversation with the office in Germany today that I want to share: Today a submission from CGC arrived at the NGC office in Munich and as there was a card from a friend oy mine included and I visit him on Saturday, I called the office to see if they could do some Magic and ship the package to me already today. 1 hour later I had the confirmation that the submission is on its way to me via Night courier and arrives already tomorrow. This is simply beautiful and I wanted to share this view you as pure customer-treatment-excellence!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Mussundwerdich. To complete the picture, I had a bad experience with their CR recently. One of the cards (pretty expensive) I submitted two weeks ago was not correctly registered in their system (no name was given and wrong set / pretty obvious mistake).

Until now, they have not responded to my inquiry.

I would call them if you are waiting for an email response.

1 Like

Seconded. They are extremely helpful over the phone in my experience across their companies

2 Likes

That is quite sad to hear :frowning: I can only recommend to call them first via phone and then to send an additional inquiry after it, referring to the phone call few minutes ago. Maybe this helps you out of the situation. All the best to you!

1 Like

They still send your stuff to US to get it graded.
Due to their not very significant pop report I still cannot consider them as a viable option.

Thanks for your comments. I called them and the issue is this: I have submitted a very rare card that has a CGC Pop of 0 (and PSA pop of 2, and BGS pop of 1, I believe). They will enter it manually later and get back to me (they also asked whether they can potentially feature it in their communications). Will keep you posted and then show the card in the grading thread later.

If they are sending the cards to the US for grading, do you have to pay import taxes when they come back?

No, not at all. You ship to Munich, pay in Euro’s and get the cards shipped back without extra costs except for return postage. Great service all in all.

3 Likes

My experience with them so far:

Sent 2 orders to them in September.
The first one was for reslabbing and is currently in the USA for grading. Took them around 5 days for confirmation of the arrival and 10 days to ship them from Munich to CGC.

The second is for regular grading. After more than 3 weeks my package is still in Munich.

Both orders have been entered in the system after a few days of their arrival in Munich.

I don’t know what’s taking them so long to ship.
I sent them a mail with a few questions before I shipped my order and they took 2 weeks to reply.

I am also experiencing the delay at the moment. As per conversation with them, it has something to do with changed Tax rules and they want to clarify certain things upfront to prevent packages being stuck on the airport on their way back to Germany

3 Likes

Mine are also stuck there, they marked them as received on the 27th of September

Same here, glad to read I’m not the only one.
They could have send everyone an email to notify us, hope they resolve it soon.

They have to improve: My cards arrived at Munich from the US but were not forwarded to me. I called them and apparently my cards slipped through and no one would have noticed without my call. Anyway, they react immediately and shipped my cards the next day.

After what I read here, I will wait a few more weeks before submitting again.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that! I did not face this issue so far. All my packages have been forwarded within 1 business day to me after they arrived in Munich :frowning:

Any movement on your submission in Munich or communication with CGC?