CGC UK MIDDLEMAN SERVICE?

is there any dealer/middleman like gradedgem or ludkins that submits to CGC from the uk?
if not someone please make it happen :blush:

1 Like

Not that I can find at the moment, we have asked Ludkins but it’s not on their radar at present.

This is the only authorised CGC dealer in the UK that submits cards afaik: www.eds-gaming-emporium.com/pages/cgc-grading

I’ve yet to use their service myself, but I’ve only heard good things :blush:

2 Likes

I was part of their first submission batch in January.

Got my sub back last Saturday (express) and I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Comms were flawless every step of the way, and they even included a handwritten note and a free Machamp GX from Burning Shadows as a thank you for using their service.

Pop them a message via their Instagram if you have any questions; they’ll given you a response within minutes! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can submit directly too them without too much hassle. I’m in the UK and got my first CGC submission back yesterday - I paid for their $25 yearly tier and it doesn’t auto-renew unless you tell it to.

1 Like

I might actually do that thanks.

Sweet ill check them out too.

Imagine if cgc uk starts accepting tcg cards , this could be a game changer!

2 Likes

I believe they are planning to at some point in the future, but I think they’re still measuring how much interest and engagement there is with TCG cards before doing anything like that.

CGC have already shook up the industry, but with PSA now also grading foreign cards in response to that it’ll be interesting to see if the interest in CGC dies down a bit in the coming months. CGC’s customer service is fantastic right now though, I can’t imagine ever getting a similar level of service from PSA.

1 Like

I’ve been patiently waiting for this since they started grading cards :crossed_fingers:t2: hopefully not too much longer! They will get a lot of interest I think, especially for casuals like me who normally wouldn’t grade stuff simply because of the cost and hassle that comes with shipping abroad.

1 Like

Huh? Any more infos on that?

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s been a discussion about it here but yep, PSA now recognise pretty much all foreign cards. I’m on the fence as to what that means for my own collection though - seems like a slippery slope to start wanting all other non-English, non-Japanese Pichu variants graded.

1 Like

Anyone knows if there are any EU based middleman for cgc? Too bad ludkins eu / graded gem doesn’t offer it yet, hopefully they expand their services at some point but I guess they’re way too busy with psa as it is

2 Likes

Graded Gem will not be offering CGC

1 Like

I believe Ludkins EU is planning on taking CGC submissions in the future, but like you said it doesn’t seem like it’ll be anytime soon. I don’t think GradedGem is planning on it. I don’t know of any other credible EU middlemen who offer it, so it seems like your only shot for a while will be 1) submitting to CGC directly yourself, 2) submitting through a UK/US middleman like Ludkins, and using a reshipper, 3) wait for Ludkins or another middleman to pop up offering the service ooooor 4) keep on doing PSA submissions through Ludkins EU, which is what I do :wink:

1 Like

CGC return shipping is very expensive for UK peeps :confused: it seems very expensive submitting directly and gettign subgrades, return shipping and insurance etc.

I can 100% guarantee Graded Gem won’t be offering a CGC service. They have contractual agreements with PSA and won’t be involved with any other grading company.

I don’t know what the costs are for shipping to/from CGC directly, but it’s a flat rate of £6 for courier return from Ed’s Gaming Emporium.

Their prices are:

£14.95 for economy
£19.95 for standard
£27.95 for express

(Plus £5 for any subgrades).

I had one card sent via express to test out their service, and it cost just under £40 all in.

1 Like