PSA Partners with Dave & Adam’s: Any experience on their submission service?

Dear community,

I just signed up for this board after reading it for a while now. This forum is much better and more sophisticated than any other board I came across before.

I used the search function and couldn’t find an answer to my question, hence I post it here:
Does anyone have experience with the Dave & Adam PSA Submission service? I am a collector from Germany and sending my cards to an authorized PSA partner to the Netherlands sounds attractive.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I don’t have any experiences with them but I just had a quick look and it seems very straight forward. They have really good prices and seem to be a better option then other middlemen I know of.
I still think that sending to PSA directly is the better option if you grade a lot but they look like a decent alternative.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @PokemonProfessor . Very lovely to have you here.

I just looked up and they will be having their booth at the Pokemon convention event happening tomorrow in the Netherlands. So if you have something that you would like to be asked let me know and I can check it with them. I can also ask about their process in general and let you know by DM.

Welcome and cheers!

1 Like

Dave & Adam’s is a pretty big name. If you’re not interested in submitting directly to PSA, this is probably the next best option

4 Likes

Never knew they had a shop in The Netherlands and that hey are accepting PSA submissions. Europe is finally getting some grading love :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed with others. Dave & Adams is huge in the U.S. I would trust them as a middleman.

Thank you for all your helpful answers, appreciated!

I will submit about a dozen cards next week and see how it goes.

I’ve been into collecting Pokemon since 1999 on and off; so weird that I never came across this forum!

My collection is 90% ungraded and in German. I start to get them graded now (those that came back were usually mint/gem mint) I understand that presenting one’s collection is a good first post but not sure whether the community is also interested in German cards?

@mrbubbles: Thanks a lot for your offer. No specific question though, just wanted to hear your experiences/thoughts on this service before trying it.

3 Likes

Welcome and make sure to let us know how your experience with grading with them was. And post your PSA returns ;)!

1 Like

I spoke to them at their convention stand today. As they stated, it is the standard process of shipping them the cards and they shipping them to PSA, and they seem to be a very reputable party to be doing it. There was one question which was raised by @antoniogr regarding the insurance value. Apparently at their website, in the drop-down menu, the value caps at 5k USD insurance. So I had asked if it is possible to increase this value of insurance to a higher value depending on your order.

First they mentioned, if it is a big order with many cards, to split the order in multiple different orders, so that the insurance is still at 5K USD for each order. However, when asking how to insure if a single card value is over 5K, they said to reach out to them via email and they can customize the order. Meaning that they will manually put in the insurance value to your desired value. I further checked with them and they said this process can also be done for a larger order with value over 5k.

They stated they have their own insurance while shipping / receiving cards to PSA and back. They also stated that if you are able to collect your submissions directly from their office, you don’t need to opt for insurance. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, I thought I share this, since this was all new information for me.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone, but I certainly am interested in seeing your German cards. More than anything else, it’s just nice to meet other passionate collectors, even if your niche is different from mine.

@mrbubbles: Great, thanks a lot for the detailed information. I will submit about a dozen 1. Ed Base Set Holos in mint and split it up into a few orders.

@CarelessWhiskers: Thanks, I agree. Btw. you have a nice 1. Ed Booster Box in German. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it.

1 Like

Thanks, you’ll be the first to know :wink:

1 Like

Reviving this thread to see if there have been any new experiences made with D&A for PSA submissions by fellow EU bros?
@PokemonProfessor have you successfully completed an order with them yet?

Cheers!

1 Like

Bump. (Don’t worry, I’ll only do this once).

Not your question but somewhat related.
I submitted to CGC through their Munich (Germany) branch in May this year.
Everything went smooth although the communication about the cards and graded cards before they arrive at CGC and before they reach Germany again and reach me could have been better.
Overall really satisfied as I don’t have to send to the US or worry about custom charges and expensive return shipping.
Another positive: I got a lot of 10s and 9.5s, more than expected.
Downside: They changed the label litterly the week I got my cards back, so half of them are back for relabelling, probably missing them for another few months…

Would also be interested in any experience with submissions through D&A in the Netherlands!

Tldr: I submitted to CGC through their Munich branch and it was fine.

1 Like

Thanks anyway for your answer! I have also contemplated sending my cards to CGC’s Munich branch, but don’t want to risk having my cards in slabs that are only a fraction of what it could have been with PSA. They’re all meant to be sold, after all.
If CGC’s label and scale changes actually lead to prices that are (sustainably) closer to PSA, I would absolutely love to go this even easier route fully within Germany.

1 Like

Yeah makes sense. Most of the cards I send to CGC are not meant to sell, at least not right away.
I also never get upcharged with CGC when sending in ~1k cards. With PSA that is a gamble I just want for most of the cards I send in. Maybe it is still worth the difference CGC vs. PSA though. Time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never used Dave and Adams, but I grade 1-2 times per year and have used Polaris grading and Trading Card World. Both have their own websites and both have been great with communication. TCW is the only option for BGS I think too, which is great since I only have a couple cards. I gave them my 1st ed Base Set BGS 9 Zard to recase and they did it no problem and got the “thick stamp” label added. That’s about as trustworthy as it gets, right?

1 Like

I still wait for getting my cards back.

Might be interesting for some people here: D&A ship to PSA every 14 days. Next shipping is the coming Friday.

@joer : This sounds like a good service but it i located in the U.S.? The other services discussed here are in Europe.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! Please post the results and how satisfied you are with the overall service once you get them back! :slight_smile:
Good luck on the outcome!

1 Like