Cards that exist but never seen

Cards that could exist, but also may not exist:

Jamboree - would have included many Japanese exclusive artworks like Neo - Decent chance it’s somewhere out there
Crosstrainer - nearly finalized as a Base set 3 type of set, but axed near the final stages - Maybe, but probably not
Legendary Collection 2 - rumored to be designed with Neo cards in mind - Probably doesn’t exist

4 Likes

Until very recently, this personalized No.2 Trainer from 2000 went pretty much under the radar. And if it takes 19 years for a card of this calibre to surface, who knows what else lurks in the hidden depths of the Japanese jungle?

15 Likes

I only have seen VS cards in English & Spanish (& Japanese of course). There are Dutch ones for example too. Never seen a picture of them.

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to post this. Apparently, there are a few trophies that have yet to hit the market. I believe there are some 2001/2 battle road promos we haven’t yet seen.

Thanks for the info! Must have been a good lie since 7500$ in 2011 for pokemon was a lot of money. Is this kinda the same speculation around the prerelease raichu before the first info about it was posted here?

@pokemonunboxing, Absolutely! The stories told about them are fictitious, and incongruent at best. Every attempt to verify their existence further blurs their origin story. They were money grabs from staff members that took advantage of collectors. The only people pushing them have a vested interest.

1 Like

There is also this absolute oddball of a pokemon card:

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elite_Four_Trainer_(Battle_Road_Summer_2002_finals_promo)

There is this low resolution picture on bulbapedia, but other than that I have never seen it on IG or E4.

EDIT: fixed the link and added the picture. Does anyone here know of any recorded sales or additional info?

1 Like

Ah yeah, completely forgot about those. There should also be ones in Danish and Swedish for this Tyranitar Half Deck, which I would love to see! I’ve never seen the Spanish ones personally (and didn’t even knew it was released in Spanish), but I have seen the English and Italian ones before.

Two other cards which comes to mind after seeing the three sets mentioned by @gemmintpokemon above, which were originally rumored/planned but got cancelled, are the BW77 Pikachu and BW78 Raichu in English. To quote Bulbapedia for these unreleased cards:

I do wonder if any got ever printed, and later on destroyed; or if it was never printed in the first place, though.

And then there are also all those Japanese Sample prints of course, as well as this unknown Wailmer promo:

Greetz,
Quuador

If you are talking about this : www.elitefourum.com/t/tropical-mega-battle-1999-2001/12706/37 , then you can add german, dutch, french, portuguese , danish and swedish to it. I had contact with the 2001 Dutch participant. He could remember those native VS decks per country participant. But unfortunate he couldn’t remember what has happend with his set and he also didn’t own any Pokemon cards anymore. Let’s assume the trashbin :sob: else they would have surfaced in NL( hope I’m wrong). For sure I know the German(see article) and Portuguese( confirmed by the owner/particpant) survived the trashbin.

2 Likes

That is a fake card.

The collector who owns that card also has a fake illustrator, trophy kanga, and snap cards, all ungraded. They are the most common fakes in the hobby. Not to mention every other lower tier prize card they own is graded. They never show a high quality photo of the ungraded cards, because they know they are fake. A member here has met them in person and confirmed it as well.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this counts (and apologies if it doesn’t) but this folder is something I’ve only personally seen for sale twice - once on Ebay back in '06, and an auction recently where I won it.

There’s also a red version that’s even more obscure.

2 Likes

Collector Charizard. Still wondering if one will surface. Only time will tell.

5 Likes

Korean unlimited base set :blush: I have seen all but 13 of the set so them 13 will be impossible to find :blush: at one stage i will get them off of gary ahah

1 Like

Ugh. I’ve been hoping and praying that an entire set didn’t exist and I can PRETEND that an Unlimited Print of Gyarados doesn’t exist. Have we confirmed where people got theirs from? I tried re-reading that thread and didn’t see any mention of whether these came directly from packs or not.

And if anyone finds an Unlimited L1 Gyara, please please PLEASE let me know. I’ll be satisfied enough to never get the SNAP Gyarados if I can at least get my hand on a regular and reverse holo version of this elusive beast.

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea, and am just as surprised as you. I and many others have searched for unlimited edition L1 cards for many years, without ever seeing even a single card. And then this Chikorita and Cyndaquil pop up out of no where… I feel the same as you, and if anyone ever sees an unlimited edition L1 (or E1) Pikachu or RH Pikachu, I’d love to know right away. Unlike you I have the feeling I would own the SNAP Photo Contest Pikachu sooner than the Reverse Holo variant of this card tbh… :confused:
I once bought a bulk of ~7,000 Japanese cards. It included about 200 L2/L3 cards, and 650 L1 cards. From those 200 L2/L3 cards I now have about 15 unlimited editions. From the 650 L1 cards, none - every single one of them was 1st edition…

I think that if they indeed exist, @shizzlemetimbers is most likely correct. They came with a 1 in 15 change of being an L1 pack in one of those cases he mentioned.

But if that is indeed true, the chances of getting an unlimited edition Reverse Holo of a specific Pokémon like Pikachu or Gyarados are astronomical small… Let’s say 1/5th of those cases are unlimited editions (could be much lower considering how short-printed Japanese unlimited print runs are, but whatever…). That case has a 1/15th change of containing an unlimited edition L1 pack. Since there is both a HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection, we’d have a 1/2th chance of being the correct subset for the card we’re looking for. Then that pack has a roughly 2/5th change of containing a Reverse Holo (just calling something reasonable here, no idea what the actual pull rate of RHs are). And considering the sets contains 70 cards each (excluding Secret Rares and Energies), we’d have a 1/70th chance of getting the Reverse Holo for the specific Pokémon we’re looking for (1/78 if the Energies are also available in Reverse Holo)… I was never really good at calculating chance probabilities during math classes, but a 1/70th of 2/5th of 1/2th of 1/15th of 1/5th chance is definitely astronomical small… And then I don’t even calculate in the chances of such a card surviving, and a Japanese collector willing to sell it, 10 years after it was pulled from a pack… Nor how many were actually printed… :sweat:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

miniature 7/11 turtwig promo, I bought one 10 years ago and have never seen one since

Do we know what this Gift Box set looks like? I know what the Packs look like but have no idea about the gift box itself or how it varies from the Booster Box. Tried looking it up and couldn’t locate anything different.

And now that I’m thinking more out loud, I’m wondering if we can add picture references to the list we have (or have you already started doing that on your own, Quuador? XD). I think picture references in and of themselves would help us spot things more readily.

I wish you luck on your Pikachu L1 journey!

@shizzlemetimbers had already add a picture of the box in his reply. :wink:

What list are we talking about here?

Greetz,
Quuador

Hmm. I’m not seeing a picture of the box. Only the cards that were mentioned within the quote. I’ll have to see if it’s because of my work computer.

And the list I’m referring to is the ones you typically make when it comes to individual cards (like a list of what the cards look like and the packs/boxes look like from each set). Haha. But in general I think we should make an updated master list at the beginning of this thread but that would require @funmonkey54 to edit his original post when I know he’s already pretty swamped as it is.

Edit: In retrospect, ideally I think this would be best accomplished by the community overall. Creating a comprehensive list of different sets where multiple E4 members are involved would be a great way to branch out into the rest of the community or tie people in who have general questions about collecting and where sets come from. Not sure if this is an approach we’re capable of at this time but it’s a thought.

Hmm, that’s weird. Just in case, here are the same pictures re-uploaded:

Ah ok. Thus far I’ve primarily made lists for single Pokémons. :wink: Not sure if my expertise about TCG boxes/packs is good enough to make a list for those, haha. It would be cool to have an overview of it, though.

I think you’re referring to a different thread? :wink:

Lists of English and Japanese sets can already be found on Bulbapedia. But I agree, it would be nice if we could add 1st/unlimited editions for Japanese sets, as well as foreign reprints, to have a list of all existing sets. I’ve actually once made a start with this, but I currently don’t have enough time to continue (although I plan to do so once I have). But adding pictures and additional information for releases like E1/L1 unlimited would also be nice.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes