Cards that exist but never seen

Are there any cards out there that exist that never appear online or eBay/yahoojp or any other sites ? Would be interested to know how many ultra rare cards are out there that I don’t know about :blush: and not pre raichu either haha

2 Likes

Snap Magikarp

7 Likes

Any info on it at all ? Do we/you know how many printed

20 like the rest of the snaps has just never surfaced either for sale or in a collection

1 Like

Jeez so would be the most valuable of all snaps ?

I keep asking about this all the time but Smpratte postet a article about 2 promos never before seen. They where invited in to a hotelroom to see them and he posted pictures. Neither him or the one being with him had ever seen them before and I remember the cards SO good but the thread is private so I cant find the pictures and they are nowhere on the internet

2 Likes

Ooooh intriguing!!

www.elitefourum.com/t/help-me-find-a-thread/22924/1

Heres a thread where he answers. He pulled it since they are unconfirmed. All I want is those poctures since I cant get them out of my head!

1 Like

Here are a bunch that come to mind when I look at my own collection goals:

Some others which I’ve only seen a picture of once come to mind as well:

• German Flug Pikachu / Spanish Flying Pikachu / Spanish Surfing Pikachu (all in possession of @omahanime )
  • German Birthday Pikachu / Italian Mysterious Treasures Reverse Holo Pikachu / Spanish Majestic Dawn Reverse Holo Burger King promo (in possession of Tom)
  • Teach Set from 2009 (I’ve only see pictures of it twice; one can be found in this article I wrote)
  • Pikachu SNAP Photo Contest 1999 (here is the only picture I know of; this copy is in the possession of a Pikachu collector who stopped collecting around 2010 or so)
  • Pikachu & Ishihara GX tag team promo, which was given to CEO Ishihara for his 61st birthday (here is the only picture I know of, which Ishihara posted on his Twitter)
  • etc. etc.

This thread actually reminds me of this thread I created a long time ago: Do they exist or not? Where do we base this on? Discussion, when I was looking for information on Pikachu cards I had never seen before and had back then only heard rumors of.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

May I ask how we know these exist if people haven’t seen them ? Or is there a set list on bulbapedia or something :blush:

• L1 unlimited: since the Cyndaquil and Chikorita exist in unlimited edition, which were never released in a theme deck, it’s save to say the other unlimited edition L1 cards most likely exist as well. As mentioned by @shizzlemetimbers in the thread I’ve linked, there was a 1 in 15 change of finding an L1 pack in the Toys ‘R’ Us DPt gift boxes, which is most likely where the unlimited edition L1 packs come from. So not sure how many unlimited edition L1 cards are actually printed, since these two cards were the first seen by most people here ever. I also deem my chances higher of finding the SNAP Photo Contest Pikachu for my collection before the unlimited edition Reverse Holo variation of the L1 Pikachu, tbh. The non-Holo I might find one day (hopefully).
  • E1 unlimited: as you can read in the thread I’ve linked, there is discussion where they come from. The most likely source could be the (most likely limited to 50) release of the unlimited edition Pokémon-e Starter Deck, which were given at some events. This explains most of the cards seen in the pictures of the thread, except for two: Charizard and Alakazam. Both of those are Rares, and aren’t part of these randomized starter decks.
  • L2/L3/WCP unlimited: I have a few cards in unlimited edition for each of these three sets, and I’ve seen others before. Although very short-printed, the set is released in unlimited edition at some point. Unlike most languages like English, German, etc. where 1st edition print runs are harder to find and rarer than 1st edition print runs, for the Japanese sets this is the other way around: unlimited editions are almost always way harder to find and shorter printed than their 1st edition counterparts.

Hope that clears it up a bit. So although we’ve never seen even a picture of these cards, they most likely exist based on some other cards from the same set which are seen in unlimited edition.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I wonder where they are !! Surely someone out there has these cards haha

Probably tugged away in some random Japanese kids’ attic, forgotten and collecting dust, while me and others here are finding them everywhere possible. :wink: I would personally be willing to spend 100+ USD each for any of the cards mentioned if I have to, probably even more for some. Price isn’t the issue however; it’s finding them (for sale) in the first place… :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday btw! I see the icon at the top-left of your avatar. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador

The instagram user “chord_no_cord” posted a picture of a snap pikachu recently. Check it out, he doesn’t own it but a friend of his does.

Edit: saw you commented on it lol

Ah yes, I’ve seen that one. I’m actually following him on IG. So jealous. :slightly_frowning_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

E4 Pikachu lol

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I found a picture of piplup now with the stamp, but the othees I need to research some more. I really appricate it!

didn’t one recently sell on ebay for like 700? i was going to bid, but i didn’t have enough information

edit: www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-ultra-rare-2007-Pokemon-San-Diego-Distributor-Meeting-Card-Piplup-/293171368565?hash=item4442601275%3Ag%3AkEsAAOSwZapdQIza&nma=true&si=MjNCjt0Mw1XmTNxAwd7v1y9BG0Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 Like

Wow, that’s very cheap in my opinion!

@pokemonunboxing, There are more copies of those cards sold by nintendo employees than properly released. They are yet another example of the inherent shade city nonsense that is the ambiguous english stamped card.

To add context, the first set was sold in 2011 privately for $7500. They will most likely never sell for more than that price as the value was created on artificial demand and false information. Staff members knowingly lied about the quantity, stating there were only 6 copies of the cards. I was one of the initial people offered the cards; never in my life has something made my gut scream louder to completely avoid.

Ultimately they are absolute garbage. From their terrible aesthetic quality all the way to the blatant lies that staff members fed naive collectors about their release. Stay away from any obscure stamped English card. Its always an internal money grab.

7 Likes