Can anyone inform me on PSA Crossgrades?

I was thinking about buying a card that’s a BGS 8.5 and getting it crossgraded to PSA. I was just wondering how long crossgrades take. If the grades usually match, and how much they cost? The card I’m looking at is less than $500. Thanks a lot!

It’s about $20 a card plus shipping and insurance, and right now they are being treated as a 25-day turnaround (although that means nothing) As far as grades good, I would look more at the actual card condition rather than BGS subgrades to determine what it could truly get. Keep in mind surface scratches are very hard to see through the slab.

Ahh okay they don’t determine the grade until after they crack it out of the BGS case right? I just want it in a psa case because it’s for a full set and all the other other cards are already in psa slabs

When you cross grade you can specify a minimum PSA grade you want, otherwise they won’t crack it out. Or you can opt to have them assign it whatever grade they deem appropriate and then they’ll crack it out regardless. If you’re opting for the latter option, I would just crack it out yourself and send it to them raw.

Okay thanks a lot man! If I buy this card I’m definitely going to go with the crossgrade option and make it a minimum of an 8 grade or maybe I’ll just buy a psa 8 :blush:

What subgrades did BGS give it?

It’s a 1st edition base set holo and these are the sub grades
Centering 9
Corners 8.5
Edges 8.5
Surface 9

Can you not find this card already in a PSA case or is it like a steal of a price or?

There’s an auction so you never know what it’s gonna go for but if it goes cheap I’m going to snag it while I can if not I’ll just buy it now from someone else

1 Like