Calling all Species Collectors! What is your hunt?

I’m not expecting to ever complete it, the TV Tokyo Lottery 218/XY-P Ash-Greninja EX only has 100 copies that exist and the last time I saw one pop up it was a PSA 3 asking $7k…

4 Likes

I’ve mainly focuses on collecting the japanese + english set cards for my torterra-line collection, but now I’m trying to branch out to other languages and pick up the high end cards (various world’s promos, zorua illustrator, and the turtwig distributor promo)

11 Likes

Yessss another snake collector. :handshake: Love your sevipers

5 Likes

Thanks! :snake: Ekans is a great Pokémon as well. I like it more than Arbok, so it’s cool to see you collect Ekans. :slight_smile: But nothing beats Seviper’s design when it comes to snake Pokémon, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Snake fight

But fr I love Seviper too it has some awesome cards!

9 Likes

Ohhhh gotcha haha yeah I’m the same with Miracle Diamond, just a cameo but unobtainably expensive for me. Also with Champions League

4 Likes

3 Likes

$200 for jumbo grading is just crazy. PSA is clearly stating they don’t want to handle volume of jumbo cards. The extra plastic needed to slab the jumbo card is minimal. It has to be a quantity order issue where their price point of the slab is high since their volume is so low.

Seems like an easy fix, make it $50-$100 and see the volume increase.

5 Likes

Are you saying the declared value is too low? Because the bulk jumbo price is just $15 per card which seems super cheap.

5 Likes

Oh I read that completely wrong. I thought $199 was the grading fee. Never mind what I said

5 Likes

Wait? What?? When???

Shit. I might have to send stuff in now.

4 Likes

Jaxlax #1 in a few months haha

4 Likes

Machop and Ekans are breedable together at the daycare?

5 Likes

I thought it was cool in the beginning to collect the original Prize PkMn. Then I learned Fan Club Porygon existed, so the hunt was abandoned… But then I started making more money. The hunt has resumed. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

The search for this Euro Pop Mudkip in german has been giving me a headache for years. I regularly search Local listings, Ebay, contacted some previous sellers & co but had no success yet

(At this point I want to thank @Tapp for his article about the cards Bridging the Gap: The Tale of the "Euro POP" Hoenn Starters (Mudkip, Torchic, Treecko) )

8 Likes

Hi all! My name is Huy and I’ve been collecting PSA graded Latias cards in the TCG for almost two years now. My goal is to collect every English card and the four Japanese exclusives in the highest grade possible in the PSA pop report. There are a handful of Latias cards that are Pop 1 or Pop 0 in PSA 10.

Up to now, there are 41 English cards and 4 Japanese exclusive cards (that I know of) and currently I have 43/45. I am missing the Latias reverse foil from 2019 Unified Minds and the Latias Play Series Two prize pack that came out earlier this year. I’ve been looking for clean raw copies to submit to PSA and to hopefully finish up the collection for now. I’d like to thank all the people that have reached out and made deals with to add to my collection. Maybe one day when I have the funds I’ll collect the rest of the Japanese cards. I’ve attached a picture of my collection on display in my room!

23 Likes

Weird that the English 2016 McDonald’s one is hard to find on ebay. On Cardmarket there are like 50+ listings for that.

5 Likes

Currently working on my Staraptor collection (in all languages). Apart from the Tyranitar card with Staraptor in the background which my wallet doesn’t like too much (I know it’s harmless in comparison to other cards) the last two cards that will be an issue (I’m currently working on the Brilliant Stars Staraptor and have most of the cards before with the missing Portuguese and Thai cards either pending or already on the way to me) are the Sun and Moon Trainer Kit one in Spanish where the seller of the only listing I could find sent me the wrong card, refunded me and promised to sent the right one, but hasn’t responded since and especially the XY8 (Red Flash) one in Japanese unlimited where unlimited cards of the expansion are extremely hard to find. For the TK one I have already messaged someone else who also didn’t respond after the second message, but I’m relatively optimistic that I should be able to get it somewhere, for the XY8 however not so much, I found someone claiming to have Staravia and Starly, but not Staraptor and that’s it. No listings of the card or even pictures or listings of booster packs to be found online, I also have a backup plan there, but I REALLY do not want to execute that as it involves luck and is probably a very poor decision financially speaking.

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think it’s because the 2016 McDonald’s set was only in the UK for English specifically. So being a Canadian collector I don’t believe they were ever “released” here, or in the states where I could easily just go on TCGPlayer or TnT, as they don’t typically have any either.

4 Likes

Yeah that would make sense and also explain why they’re easy to find in Europe. Maybe they were also released in further European countries and just not in North America.

4 Likes