Buyee noob - Some questions

So I won my first couple of auctions through buyee, and now they’ve arrived at their warehouse.

Shipping - Seamail? They’re big parcels (18.2kg & 12.2kg) so the cheapest shipping (by far) is Seamail, but there’s no time estimate. Does anyone have experience using this shipping method?

Protective packaging - Is it worth it? As far as I can tell they’ll be in their original boxes and then inside a larger box, hopefully somewhat protected already by the seller.

Consolidating packages - I think this would reduce shipping cost by a fair amount but I’ll probably be over 30kg limit.

I can sort of answer the Shipping part.

Depending on where you live obviously it’s going to vary, a Seamail package from England to Australia takes 8-10 weeks, you can’t really get much further apart than that so you can probably gauge.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure about the weight limit as I’ve never exceeded that, but in my experience consolidating packages has been the best way to go. In regards to protective packaging, I’ve never used that service and have never had any issues with damaged cards in transit.

1 Like

Sea mail typically takes 3 months.

I wouldn’t bother with protective packaging but I know @pokemonsyndicate swears by it.

1 Like

Yeese protective packaging ends up turning my mails into insain price. And I did with a big package recently and it went up by crazyness as they charge a certain amount per box they use. Howeveringtons… The single big cards that cost me heaps like gold stars… Have been shipped nicely with protective package… Noppin does awesome protection without charging though… So grrr buyee… Grr I say

I have a huge 6kg lot sitting at buyer that went up by 30-40 dollans and I’m gonna have to ship it one day… By sea! As it is to much dollans for non sea methodology.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Did you buy 30kg of Pokemon cards :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Wow, 3 months! They must franchise it out to the East India Company :wink: The next shipping method is SAL (14-21 days, usually faster ime) but literally costs twice as much. At this point I think I might as well get the protective packaging, especially if they’re on a long voyage. I’m not desperate for them, I just didn’t plan on having the money tied up and inaccessible for so long.

Not quite. I got a metric butt load of Neo 1 promo folders.

How much each?

I’ll take some pre-orders if you want :wink:

1 Like

A local store has some on the shelf. I bought all all their Japanese Fossil packs.

are these neo discovery or neo genesis?

Neo Genesis.

1 Like

I like what I’m reading.

3 Likes