Brand new eBay users and expensive listings

Just gathering opinions here, what would you do when you receive a best offer (which you would accept at that price) for a high expensive listing (talking 1k+) you are selling, however the buyer is a new user/very low feedback account?

Normally if the value is low (<200) I don’t mind giving the benefit of the doubt and letting them purchase, because who knows we all got to start somewhere. However when we’re talking high amounts, I’m very hesitant to believe they have a genuine interest.

I’d be very cautious, its a bit of a red flag when a buyer opts to buy something expensive having never bought anything on their account before, like, generally its the people who spend time browsing the auction sites that have experience buying multiple items that’ll bid on such a listing. Then again, it might be word of mouth about this particular listing that led them there and to make an account.

I’d ask some general questions, even outright say you’re uncomfortable selling it to a new user, they might be able to quell those doubts; or rather confirm your suspicions.

Regardless, I always take plenty of photos and videos of my items before and after packing, just so I have evidence ready in case anything ever goes wrong.

Its a shame ebay for instance doesn’t do a great deal to protect their sellers

1 Like

I’m in the exact same predicament atm. A buyer has offered $450 on a set of cards but he/she only has 4 feedback so far (all positive). Shipping would be to the same state I’m in (Victoria) but I’m still unsure as to what to do…

For a four figure item I would be hesitant too. Just be cautious and go with your gut honestly. I’ve done several transactions with no or low feedback users and never really had a problem.

That’s a sounds like a case of possibly a casual, genuine buyer. Have you reviewed his feedback? How far apart are the transactions?

People have to start somewhere. I’m currently on 5 feedbacks and would definitely rather purchase from somebody with a ton more, but I think if you message them a few times and get a feeling for who they are then it shouldn’t be a problem

Yeh I went through them all and I did notice they are months apart. Because what I’m selling is a base set, I can see it being one of the first things you would purchase so maybe I’ll just go for it (fingers crossed). Here’s the feedback.

Are the “crazy accessories” and “techcc” related sellers? Their feedback is the exact same. Maybe it doesn’t matter, but then again…maybe it does?

1 Like

Haha don’t put doubt in my mind I’ve already accepted the offer lol. I remember buying headphones from a high volume Seller who actually had two stores I could buy them from. So I wouldn’t think that would be too much of a problem but I’m not an expert.

Oh shoot!! Well god speed then :laughing:

I thought the same - like, could be totally normal. And I would hope a scammer would be smart enough to vary the feedback on their scammer account lol.

The bright side is that it’s going to be an exciting purchase. Gotta live dangerously every once in a while :yum:

Why not? Just insure.

some large ebay seller accounts are part of the same owner/company, so the feedback given would be the same

1 Like

if he/she is dutch like their name suggests, it’s pretty unlikely they’re attempting to scam you.
and just very likely a new ebay acc.

remember when you’re looking at feedback such as what you have above that “stores” can set buyer feedback to post automatically. I cant remember what specific attributes can be set but for the most part, they all look ‘automatic’.

I know a lot of dutch people who are into Pokemon (I am from Belgium)
So I can ask around here localy if it’s a genuine seller.

If you still need it :sweat_smile:

I just saw that the location of the seller is Australia according to Ebay, so not sure why its nale is dutch.revolution1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: