Brand new eBay users and expensive listings

Just gathering opinions here, what would you do when you receive a best offer (which you would accept at that price) for a high expensive listing (talking 1k+), however the buyer is a new user/very low feedback account?

Normally if the value is low (<200) I don’t mind giving the benefit of the doubt and letting them purchase, because who knows. However when we’re talking h

Unfortunately, it’s a toss-up… You might get lucky and actually have a legitimate buyer who either doesn’t purchase much on eBay and/or just created an account after seeing your item listed on eBay (it does happen - fairly often too). However, the more likely scenario is that you’ll accept the offer and the buyer will never provide payment. The odds are truly stacked against you in this scenario (unfortunately)…

However, it’s always worth a shot - I’ll always accept an offer from anyone if it’s something I would normally accept! The worst-case scenario is that your eBay Listing is “sold” and off the market for about a week (assuming the buyer does not provide payment) - in which case you can open a case within three days of no payment and close that case within two or three days afterwards. Plus, you’ll get reimbursed all eBay Fees and be able to re-list the item immediately (after the case is closed). The buyer will not be able to leave you any bad feedback, and you’ll be able to give the buyer a “negative” feedback (recorded as a positive, but you can still write about non-payment).