Boxing Sports Cards!

Does anyone here collect Boxing sports cards? I have always had some interest in boxing but recently it has grown further as I am taking part in a boxing for charity event.

I picked up my first boxing sports card which arrived today, its a modern card but I love the picture/artwork style and info on the back.
Its a modern great, Triple G! Gennady Golovkin. I also have a couple of other cards inbound which I will share here when they arrive!

8 Likes

Man has a chin made of vibranium

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting getting into them - I actually ordered 3 lots from Topps UK (Ā£175):

• Heavyweight Champion of the World - UK Signature Performance Card - Auto /75
  • Topps Now Gypsy King
  • Topps on Demand Tyson Fury Box

2 Likes

This is really cool! I had a look on their UK website they are sold out already!

Just brought another card today of Joe Frazier :blush: I really like this Allen and Ginter style but I donā€™t think they have one for Ali. Might have to try and get the pacman one next!

2 Likes

Ɓlvarez 3?

2 Likes

Yeah, the first card is part of a limited series: thereā€™s a base card, 1/1, 5/5, 10/10 50/50, 75/75, and 100/100 - but thereā€™s American equivalents too. The second card was only on the episode for 24hrs (Iā€™d recommend getting some on eBay), and the third box - well Iā€™m not entirely sure of the print run at the moment. But another card being Joe Frazier? NICE! But you should check out Topps :slight_smile: As theyā€™ll obviously be releasing more sets soon.

Gary, youā€™re into boxing?

If Golovkin and Canelo III happens thereā€™ll definitely be cards from Topps, and when I contacted Topps UK on the matter they stated: ā€œThe variant cards for Tyson Fury, are actually separate from each country. As for anything boxing related, we do not have anything scheduled currently. We do expect more cards, as possible fights do develop throughout the year.ā€

Possible cards or boxes released in 2020:

1. Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder III.
  2. Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury (Unification).
  3. Canelo vs. Golovkin III.
  4. Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez (Unification).
  5. Naoya Inoue.
  6. Alexander Usyk.
1 Like

Garyā€™s got to like boxing being in Vegas!

Canelo is one of my favourite current boxers, his movement is insane! Also ginger solidarity :smile:

I would love Canelo v GGG 3, and would be cool to see some cards from it.

1 Like

I never knew he was from Vegas haha :slight_smile:

But most of the Topps boxing cards tend to be from boxers who fight in America ~

Also my Anthony Joshua Rookie card is on itā€™s way - itā€™s from Panini in 2012 during the Olympics (but these are the pics from the person I bought it off):

Spoiler

2 Likes

Awaiting updates

4 Likes

Golovkin is one of my favourite modern fighters. Imo heā€™s an all time great mw and was one of the most dominant champions. In his prime he was a monster for sure

1 Like

Iā€™d rather not see this one, triple G is 8 years Caneloā€™s senior and his best days are far behind him.
Besides, even if he did best Canelo (which I donā€™t think he can do at the tail end of his career) theyā€™d only rob him on the cards anyway :flushed:

Algo, that is some awesome memorabilia! How long have you been collecting it?

Swedish Rekord Journal - Ā£138.81 ($160.97)
Including a candidate for the first Muhammad Ali rookie card: www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/8936/muhammad-ali-collecting-cards-autographs-greatest

Spoiler

Damn I didnt even know that there was modern boxing cards and boxing is pretty much only sport I followā€¦ I really like how Golovkin card looks, very cool imo. Other modern cards look too tryhard for me.

2 Likes

Fun to read the swedish bits :grin:

1 Like

1951 Topps Ringside and 1956 Adventure - Ā£66.00 ($77.08)

Spoiler

1 Like

You are a boxing purist, I really like this. A few years ago I got into boxing history to pass the time and used to study the old time fighters.

The short bioā€™s are also fascinating to readā€“the Dauthuile bio is interesting, but in truth he wasnā€™t half the fighter the great Cerdan was.
Imo Cerdan would have kicked Lamottaā€™s arse had he lived to fight the rematch.
Really lovely stuff you have! :+1:

1 Like

My Tyson Fury cards came today :blush:

I need to read quite a bit more about Dautuile, as well as Cerdan for that matter haha :slight_smile: Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Managed to snag another Anthony Joshua rookie card :blush:

Thatā€™s pretty cool. Could be some what valuable some day if AJ and fury fight it out and AJ wins and becomes undisputed HW champion.

1 Like