Black/Red dot error + Holo Bleed Charizard/Blastoise?

Personally I see it as an error as well, but as most of you know, I collect every little variation for my Pikachus. In general though, the black dot on the Base Set Charizard as well as the red dot on the Base Set Blastoise (and the Pink Heart on the Base Set Clefairy and 1st edition spot on the Jungle Pinsir I might add), isn’t a one-time occurrence. For all four of these I’ve seen at least five unique cards containing it. In my book that’s enough to classify it as an error instead of a one-time thing.
They definitely aren’t as excited as a No HP Persian, No Damage Ninetales, Wartortle Evolution Box, Sideways stamp Diglett, etc. etc., but I personally still see them as collectible errors.

Again, I can definitely understand why most people couldn’t care less. The same applies to Thin/Thick, Black/Grey, 2D/3D 1st edition stamps. Some people just see all those as 1st edition stamps and be done with it, others (like myself) see all these as different variations.

Personally I think these holo bleeds are pretty cool in general. Although there are loads of holo bleeds for XY Evolutions and the Sun & Moon sets (for the S&M sets there are almost more with holo bleed than without in my experience… :unamused: ), I haven’t seen that many holo bleeds for the Base Set personally. Then again, I don’t have that many Base Set holos to begin with. The only Base Set holo with holo bleed I own is this Chansey.

I don’t collect Charizards nor Blastoises, but if I would I definitely would have loved to own these cards.

Just my 2c, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes